“Girl's "beach-birthday party"”

Ranked #4 of 8 Lincoln City B&B and Inns
Lyons, Oregon
“Girl's "beach-birthday party"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Four of us gals went to Nelscott manor for what we called a "beach-birthday party" when in fact it was just an excuse for us to get away for three days and relax, have fun and eat. The Nelscott Manor (#1) is called the "Euro Suite" and what a charming place it was. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and responded quickly to our need for more towels and anything else we needed. It felt as though we were in a small house all by ourselves, no traffic because of the private entry and even though others must have been there, we were never bothered by noise or intrusions.

Please try this charming place when you next visit Lincoln City, Oregon.

Room Tip: Nelscott Manor #1 (Euro-Suite)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We enjoyed staying at the Nelscott Manor Euro Suite (1). We had fantastic ocean views, direct access to the beach and the beach area was wide open (little to no people). The fully equipped kitchen, fireplace and romantic lighting (dimmer switches for lights in living room, bedrooms, the two person bath) really added a nice touch. We really did like the no smoking, no kids rule. Sometimes it is hard to find a romantic get away on the beach minus the kidos,

Please note there is only one Euro Suite and it is on the first floor. I liked this as we had the ability to set out our beach chairs and enjoy the sun from our room. The other rooms at Nelscott are on the second and third floors and have beautiful covered balconies, but I personally liked where we were at on the first floor with more direct sun. We will come back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MonicaEM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I enjoy coming to Lincoln City for one main reason...On The Beachfront Properties. We've stayed at two so far, and even when I thought our first stay couldn't be matched, they've managed to blow my mind again.

I'd like to start by saying we kindly requested an early check-in for our stay at the Nelscott Manor's Executive Bella Suite, and moments after pulling into town around 12:30pm, we got the call from the hotel office saying we could check in anytime. That's over 4 hrs early! I book travel frequently for people at work and a check-in that early is unheard of, so to say my group and I were pleased is an understatement.

After reading reviews on TripAdvisor prior to our stay, I knew we were in for quite a bit of stairs. The Bella Suite is the ENTIRE top floor and absolutely spectacular, but it's disappointing that it's not wheelchair accessible and I'm sorry not everyone can enjoy it. That being said, we were so grateful to have been able to book this space over Memorial Day Weekend for one night, which was fantastic because I searched for many hours looking for something within my budget that could accommodate 4 people comfortably without having a minimum 2 night stay. Narrow that down even more, I wanted a hot tub on the deck that could fit us all, and a room with a view. I should mention that through my searching, there is only one place I've found within 50 miles of Lincoln City (I stopped looking after that) with all this, and it's On The Beachfront Properties. They even had several suites within all their properties they could offer.

The space was clean and romantic, with small but appreciated amenities everywhere! There was a kitchen area that included a single cup coffee maker AND a regular full pot, a full size refrigerator with ice maker, a dishwasher and microwave, plates, cups, and silverware; everything we needed to lock ourselves in for our stay.

The fireplace kept the living room and even bedrooms toasty with the sliding glass doors open so we could hear the ocean waves. The dinning table was large enough for us all to sit around and enjoy our snacks and cards together and the balcony had space for us all to sit and enjoy the view and coffee in the morning. Our hot tub was piping hot and ready to use when we got there, and we had no doubt that it was nice and clean because we could not only see it, but smell it. (Some may say that the chemical smell is strong, but it was actually reassuring to me as I was positive I was not going to be hot tubing with every other person who had ever been in it.)

My boyfriend and I had the master suite and this is my last tiny disappointment; there was not a king bed. Let me say, though, that we have a queen at home and normally only book rooms when we vacation that have kings, but this would NEVER stop us from booking this suite again. The bed was so comfortable with superb linens and of course it was decorated with their signature robes, rose petals, and chocolates. These guys do not spare an expense. Even the chocolate was amazing. We could open the windows to sleep to the ocean waves and had we not been in the company of others that loved the deck so much, would have enjoyed the fabulous in-room bathtub. (The window facing the deck was missing "privacy" blinds.) Our room was spacious, comfy, and difficult to say good bye to.

Both bathrooms had double shower heads, and there was no lack of towels. The living area couch was comfortable and there was flat screen tvs everywhere, not that we even used them!

I would like to address two things I read on this site before our stay: the small second bedroom and the price. First, the second IS small, but our guests never complained and slept as well as we did in our huge master suite. We only stayed one night, but the time any of us spent in our rooms was minimal. It seemed silly to spend time in there when we had such a lovely space around us. Second, I've read a lot of reviews with complaints about the price. We paid $299 for all this, during a holiday weekend. Split between a couple, this is a phenomenal deal. I happened to treat everyone, and was hard pressed to find anything remotely close to this price in vacation rentals or hotel suites. Yes, I would have loved to have paid less, but I think the value was 100% present for what I paid. You cannot find this type of accommodation in Lincoln City without renting a beach house, and forget about staying there one for just one night. The Executive Bella Suite is hands down the best bang for your buck, and I really feel like we had the best hotel suite in the city.

I didn't mean to make this review so long, but I cannot express my satisfaction with our stay. My traveling buddies would agree, no one wanted to leave. This space was perfect for our small group of four, and our previous stay at the Beachfront Manor was also perfect for a couple in love. These guys must have written the book on romantic getaways, and I cannot imagine a place I'd rather stay on special days with my friends and family and especially significant other.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank markiteightdude
precioustaxipjs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

The reviews do not lie...this place is one of the best romantic getaway destinations on the Oregon Coast. I was planning to propose to my girlfriend, and I wanted to take her some place special. I called the hotel to ask a few questions, and am happy to say I was able to book the room at a slightly better rate than what was advertised online. Also, it was important to us that the property be LGBT friendly, and it did not disappoint. I never once felt awkward or discriminated either at the Starfish when checking in/out or at the Nelscott, which is extremely quiet. We stayed in #4 the Regatta, and the jacuzzi tub and the double headed shower alone made this room fantastic. Factor in the comfy, memory foam feeling bed (and we brought our own memory foam pillows from home) and you're set for a relaxing weekend. A few cons - the mini fridge door wouldn't close completely, so we had to prop our cooler against it to keep the cold in. Also, robes were supposed to be waiting for us upon arrival, but they were missing. Also, the last guests seemed to have broken the window shade over the bathtub. I'm happy to report that I called the Starfish Manor the next morning and the shade was promptly fixed and robes were provided. Unfortunately, the only replacement mini fridge did not fit the precut hole in the cabinets, but I gladly sacrificed the 3 feet at the foot of the bed for a fridge that kept my food cold. Also, the wireless Internet at Nelscott was not yet functional, but that's hardly the focus of a romantic getaway ;) Starfish Manor was more than accommodating to let us use their Wifi connection, just a shore drive away. Overall, we had a great stay, and would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Regatta suites are great for romantic getaways...you will not want to leave the jacuzzi tub with the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank precioustaxipjs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

The location of this hotel is wonderful. Right on the cliff surrounded by private homes with direct access to the beach. The beach in front is beautiful with many agates and shells. It advertised a balcony - but note - the first floor units like room 1 have no porch or outside lounge space. The decor was IKEA modern - yet also IKEA quality. The kitchen was small, yet functional. I did suggest to the Inn to provide a cutting board and cookie sheet. Otherwise you are forcing guests to cut on the counter tops which is not a good thing on Formica. The rooms were again comfortable; but absolutely miniature closet space. My friends rooms closet was only 12 inches wide. Funny! Overall - a nice place to stay - VERY QUITE - and beautiful view.

Room Tip: An upper level room will have the balcony with gorgeous views and less noise (from people walking ab...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kathryntrek
Salem, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

We used to love coming to Starfish but when my husband and I arrived last the room smelled so bad we were gagging. We tried to air it out for a while but the horrible smell wouldn't quit. We drove back to the main desk to switch rooms but when we got there the front desk couldn't find the key to the new room and realized that another guest had it!?? We had to drive back across town and knock on another guest's room to get our hotel key and wasted a couple precious hours on the whole thing only to find out there was absolutely no cost reduction for all the trouble.

We tried writing the hotel owner stating we would like to be long-term customers but need a discount or some reason to come back... we recieved NO response. NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Sara F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at the Nelscott Manor in Lincoln city in their Bella Suite for our 17th anniversary. We could not have had a better stay. It was the perfect anniversary. A jacuzzi tub in the room, hot tub on the deck, fireplace and comfy bed. Great views of the beach (out the back door!) from every room! We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple