“Romance”

Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay and the staff made it very special for us as I had them write out marry me in rose petals on the bed. Ocean front view, fire place and jacuzzi over looking the ocean...perfect setting

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank scottnpenny

Reviewed December 18, 2013

A jacuzzi against the back wall, a shower with two shower heads, a room journal, robes lined out on the bed with rose petals all over, natural gas fireplace, chocolates on the pillows - why would you want to stay anywhere else?!

The staff was friendly and amazing, the view was spectacular, and did I mention the shower had two shower heads?

I absolutely love how quiet and beautiful the hotel is. Under 20 rooms, no kids allowed under 12, this is absolutely at the TOP of my most romantic hotels to stay at (closely competing with The Hallmark Inn!).

It doesn't have a pool, or a continental breakfast (although they do have coffee in their lobby), but who cares, every room has a hot tub and the hotel is set up with a kitchenette with a fridge!

And the beds?! You are sleeping on a cloud, my friend. A cloud.

We will be back at least once a year. I'm already telling everyone I know about it, and pretty sure I have at least two friends who are already trying to plan trying this hotel!

Room Tip: The corner rooms have a jacuzzi on the balcony instead if inside the rooms!
3  Thank Valerie B
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed here based on good reviews. The check in was quick, staff super friendly and gave the impression that our satisfaction was truly important. The room was very romantic and taking a soak in the tub while watching the sun will be in my memory forever. We stayed on the bottom floor and enjoyed the lawn that had no animal activity. I have allergies and knowing no animals were allowed was a plus as was the extreme cleanliness . The adjustable lighting, comfy large bed, rose petals, abundant hot water all just perfect. I actually enjoyed no direct beach access , it felt more private with no one walking by. I hope to return. AJ

Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed mid-week in November and had a fantastic stay. The Jacuzzi and fireplace in the room were awesome! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We decided to go back in December for our anniversary for another great stay. The only drawback is no direct beach access. A short walk of 1 block will get you to stair access or about 1/4 mile drive south will get you one of the few spots to drive on the beach! The Nautica room is a corner room with a couch to relax on.

1  Thank jimiddle
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I wanted to get out of town for thanksgiving, I booked this hotel online, was very impressed with the service, the one thing I'd add would be a virtual tour of ALL your rooms and properties. We both loved the hot tub location in the room, the view was outstanding, it was very relaxing also. We both agreed that we would be back for sure, this is our new weekend getaway goto place. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Room was very nicely decorated and clean. Wife and I were very pleased, we will be returning.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kingkrok
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband reserved this hotel about a month ago and we actually drove to Lincoln City from the Salem area just to make sure we liked it prior to having our credit card charged. The desk staff was super nice and one of them (Katheryn?) took about 20 minutes showing us the different rooms and properties so we could choose a room we were happy with. The hotel has 4 floors with the office taking up the first floor. We stayed in Room 9 which is on the 3rd floor on the left facing the ocean over the Thanksgiving holiday (4 days) and were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and overall property. The bed was made with the robes laid out and rose petals on the bed and edges of the jetted tub. Sink is a pedestal sink outside the bathroom but there are shelves right next to it to put your items. Shower had two shower heads which is convenient. Thre is plenty of hot water as we never had an issue with this even in the morning. The views are spectacular and the room temperature is easy to control with the fireplace, a small fan in the room, and the large patio door. The kitchen area is clean and well stocked. Access to the beach is 1 block up the hill from their other property or 1 block down thru a staircase. The property was fairly quiet with the exception that we could hear the people above us when they were running any water.

Heads up if you want any wifi access, I was unable to connect all 4 days I was there, even taking my laptop down to the office one evening and still was unable to connect even tho the staff person reset the routers. However, I did not have any problems with cell service so was able to keep up with friends/emails thru my phone.

Be aware that the tubs in the rooms are jetted tubs, not hot tubs (altho some of the rooms have hot tubs on their decks) so if you want to really soak in some hot water, suggest you rent a room with a hot tub as the jetted tubs have an overflow valve located about 8 inches above the base of the tub with means you can only fill the tub with about 7 inches of water. There is plenty of hot water so that was never an issue.

Breakfast is not included but there is coffee available in the office all day. staff can recommend plenty of restaurants and coffee shops and they are all easily accessable. They have dvds for rent in the office for $2 ($1 goes to the humane society) with a good selection for kids and adults.

The staff was awesome, everyone was very nice, friendly, and answered every question regarding places to eat etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Hot tub, fire place, friendly staff, ocean almost at your feet at high tide, a wonderful weekend. I have already recommended the Starfish to several of my friends and hope to stay there again in the near future. Ray

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get the beach front rooms with the hot tub on the balcony. Very romantic and s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple