“Really nice hotel! Very romantic!”

Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed mid-week in November and had a fantastic stay. The Jacuzzi and fireplace in the room were awesome! The staff was very friendly and helpful. We decided to go back in December for our anniversary for another great stay. The only drawback is no direct beach access. A short walk of 1 block will get you to stair access or about 1/4 mile drive south will get you one of the few spots to drive on the beach! The Nautica room is a corner room with a couch to relax on.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimiddle

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I wanted to get out of town for thanksgiving, I booked this hotel online, was very impressed with the service, the one thing I'd add would be a virtual tour of ALL your rooms and properties. We both loved the hot tub location in the room, the view was outstanding, it was very relaxing also. We both agreed that we would be back for sure, this is our new weekend getaway goto place. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Room was very nicely decorated and clean. Wife and I were very pleased, we will be returning.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kingkrok
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband reserved this hotel about a month ago and we actually drove to Lincoln City from the Salem area just to make sure we liked it prior to having our credit card charged. The desk staff was super nice and one of them (Katheryn?) took about 20 minutes showing us the different rooms and properties so we could choose a room we were happy with. The hotel has 4 floors with the office taking up the first floor. We stayed in Room 9 which is on the 3rd floor on the left facing the ocean over the Thanksgiving holiday (4 days) and were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and overall property. The bed was made with the robes laid out and rose petals on the bed and edges of the jetted tub. Sink is a pedestal sink outside the bathroom but there are shelves right next to it to put your items. Shower had two shower heads which is convenient. Thre is plenty of hot water as we never had an issue with this even in the morning. The views are spectacular and the room temperature is easy to control with the fireplace, a small fan in the room, and the large patio door. The kitchen area is clean and well stocked. Access to the beach is 1 block up the hill from their other property or 1 block down thru a staircase. The property was fairly quiet with the exception that we could hear the people above us when they were running any water.

Heads up if you want any wifi access, I was unable to connect all 4 days I was there, even taking my laptop down to the office one evening and still was unable to connect even tho the staff person reset the routers. However, I did not have any problems with cell service so was able to keep up with friends/emails thru my phone.

Be aware that the tubs in the rooms are jetted tubs, not hot tubs (altho some of the rooms have hot tubs on their decks) so if you want to really soak in some hot water, suggest you rent a room with a hot tub as the jetted tubs have an overflow valve located about 8 inches above the base of the tub with means you can only fill the tub with about 7 inches of water. There is plenty of hot water so that was never an issue.

Breakfast is not included but there is coffee available in the office all day. staff can recommend plenty of restaurants and coffee shops and they are all easily accessable. They have dvds for rent in the office for $2 ($1 goes to the humane society) with a good selection for kids and adults.

The staff was awesome, everyone was very nice, friendly, and answered every question regarding places to eat etc.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Hot tub, fire place, friendly staff, ocean almost at your feet at high tide, a wonderful weekend. I have already recommended the Starfish to several of my friends and hope to stay there again in the near future. Ray

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get the beach front rooms with the hot tub on the balcony. Very romantic and s...
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Was thinking of something to do for our 5th year anniversary. It was very short notice that I gave them and the customer service was fantastic! I was looking for something for my partner and I (something gay friendly) and the staff were very welcoming. I paid for the romantic package and it was completely worth it. The view was fantastic, wine great, chocolates were exactly what i wanted, and that hot tub ... just wow and fireplace! It was worth every penny and I will definitely recommend this place. Oh yeah, upon arrival REAL rose petals placed around the hot tub and on the bed. I requested to have our initials placed on the bed and it was done so well. I am very impressed and couldn't ask for more.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our stay was very nice! I fell in love right when we opened the door. You have a great view of the ocean, and the jacuzzi is awesome! There's a fireplace that keeps the room warm, and sets the mood. As well as rose petals and robes waiting for us. The ladies at the front desk were super nice. The whooooooole place was awesome. I definitely recommend getting a room. We stayed the Nautica king room, or something similar in title.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We had flew to Oregon/Washington to get married. We made the decision to spend our Honeymoon night on the beach. We arrived around 5 pm just in time to watch sunset. Check in was fairly easy. The room was clean. We were on the bottom floor, which was really nice because we got to enjoy the lawn area that overlooked the beach. Having the robes, fireplace, and hot tub was very nice. I noticed that since we were in the off season only 5 of the units seemed to be rented. The good news no one was side by side in the rooms so you don't have to worry about disturbing anyone or them disturbing you.

Cell service is not good, but who wants cell service with that view. At first the wifi didn't work, but a quick call to the front desk and the router was reset. At one point we had accidentally gotten it to warm in the room. This was easily solved by a fan provided by the hotel put into the sliding door and it cooled right down. The bed was very soft and made for a peaceful night's sleep.

Beach access is a walk up the hill (which is not too bad) and then 4 flights of stairs. We had hoped to find something from Finders Keepers float promotion, but didn't.

Overall it was a great stay on the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple