“Anniversary !”

Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Loved this place, we looked at many places on line to find exactly what we wanted , loved the jacuzzi tub , very romantic and loved the view we had! The "Nautical Suite" is where we want to stay every time now and we'll be back!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
beachfrontdianna, Owner at Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review Sounds like the Nautica Suite was a perfect place for your special anniversary stay! We are honored that you choose the Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel and that it lived up everything you were looking for! We look forward to being "your beach place" for many more anniversaries!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We decided to visit Lincoln City for the first time for my birthday and this was the best place for everything I was looking for a lot of other places were way over priced the room we stayed in had a hot tub on the balcony with an ocean view it was very romantic I have taken there flyer with me to my place of employment to show it to all of my customers I would recommend this place over and over again!!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for the great review! How exciting we got chosen for your first trip to Lincoln City and it was a birthday trip too!! We do think we offer a great value for the amenities our rooms offer.... there are many just plain oceanfront rooms at the same price as our Oceanfront rooms/suites that feature: Oceanfront Jacuzzi tub or Hot Tub, Fireplace, pillow top mattress, luxury linens & towels, robes, private oceanfront deck, mini fridge, microwave, upgraded soaps, and a few extra romantic touches. We are very proud that we were named the Trip Advisor Travelers Award for 2012 as the #2 Most Romantic Hotel in the United States. Thank you again for letting us be your host for your special birthday beach get away! We look forward to hosting you in the future for many more celebrations!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed in the "Nautica Suite" at the Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel. It was a lovely room - mini kitchen area with ample counter space, cupboards with plates, dishes, silverware, salt, pepper, corkscrew/bottle opener. Microwave and mini fridge. There is a sofa and small tv in the room. Jacuzzi Tub in the room that overlooks the beach. A deck with chairs so you can enjoy the view rain or shine. It was just lovely! My boyfriend proposed on the beach while we were there so it was a very fun, romantic weekend :-)

We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet - great view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
beachfrontdianna, Owner at Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Congratulations on your engagement!!!!! Thank you for the "Lovely Room" review. We think our rooms and suite provide a perfect place for a romantic get away like yours. An oceanfront Jacuzzi tub for 2 overlookling the beach, waves, & cozy gas fireplace .... certainly can be relaxing and romantic! We wish the two of you an amazing engagement time and a beautiful life as a married couple. The Starfish Manor is owned by 2 couples .... one couple has been married 53 years (my parents) and the other 16 years (my hubby and I) and when we built it brand new in 2005 we wanted a place to celebrate romance and love! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your love story!!!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my 1st visit to this place . I was not expecting that much . They fufill my expectation. They provide the facility exactly wat they showed in pics. Its must go place. U would never regret after paying and staying dere. Infact awesome view from hotel and jacuzzi . I would say I will visit this place again . Spectacular views!!!!! Pls note from 1st floor beach is not viewed properly .

• Stayed: July 2013

We can't ask for more than "Amesome place!!!" - Thank you so much for the great review. Sounds like we exceeded your expectations - we love when that happens! It's always nice when a guests says we deliver what the pictures on our website show and the guests get the stay and experience they are looking for. Enjoying the oceanfront view from the 2 person Jacuzzi tub with a gas fireplace flickering in the background can certainly make you want to come back again and again :) Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My favorite place to take my wife. Will come back as often as we can. I will tell all my friends whenever the opportunity arises, thank you! Room was clean, sauna was hot, ocean was close, the staff fantastic. Love you guys! -window guy

• Stayed: May 2013

We love having the word "Amazing" used to describe a stay with us! We are very happy that you have choosen us as your favorite place to take your wife - it truly is an honor. Clean room, fantastic staff, simply amazing ..... wow can't ask for a better guest review! Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience and opinion. We look forward to seeing you and your wife at the Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have stayed at the sister hotel a couple years ago. That stay was stellar! So we booked our 15 year wedding anniversary weekend at The Starfish. We were so excited because the pictures looked great, but man we were in for some major disappointment.
1. We arrived to our room and immediately noticed our room was soooo hot! My husband went to turn on the AC, there was none!
2. Looked around, the carpets hadn't been vacuumed...food crumbs everywhere.
3. We went to pull the curtains, the picture window and sliding doors were filthy. Bird poo, bad cleaning job streaks, and hand prints.
4. Went to sit in balcony, dog food scattered. This is not a pet friendly hotel, that was kinda gross.
5. Garages had not been emptied.
6. Did not sleep well, the beds were comfy, but the room never cooled down enough. Sucked!

I called the front desk and the manager was very apologetic. She came up to check things out herself and seemed to be embarrassed. She brought us a bottle of champagne, which was nice, but not even a consolation prize for the nerves going. We had to wait around for housekeeping to come do their work, and still I ended up cleaning windows and dusting myself after they left.

Oh, and the icing on the cake, when I went to put my makeup bag under the sink-there was a small trash can with the previous guests smelly feminine products.

I am so surprised we ended up staying, The Starfish really needs to spend some of their hefty room fees on a better house keeping company and AC!

The manager would not comp any fees as we had already received a discount at the time of booking, which is dumb being that the person I had booked with offered me the discount if we stayed 2 nights. I feel like they didn't do a good job cleaning because they knew it was a discounted room.

Nonetheless, be forewarned.

2  Thank 2ndhoneymoon98

I am very sorry this guest encountered the cleaning issues! There is no excuse and thankfully you can see from our other reviews that our housekeepers do a wonderful job 99% of the time. Regarding the room being too hot. There is only 1 oceanfront hotel in Lincoln City that has AC and it does not offer any Jacuzzi or Hot Tub rooms. We have purchased in-room fans for those rare days that the coast is warm too. This is rare as when inland (Salem-Portland) gets hot we get a foggy cool breeze most of the time. This guest stayed during the 4th of July weekend and we did have 2 new housekeepers and they were supposed to be double checked (as we do on all rooms anyways). I don't know what to say about the dog food as we didn't find any and don't allow pets. The bird poop - you can just finish window washing and a darn sea gull might be minutes after you left. I am a bit surprised with this review as we did address it right away and had the room completely re-cleaned and the guests expressed they were happy with the champagne and didn't ask for any other discount until 2 days later at check out and said they had a wonderful time but thought they should receive a discount. We have been in contact with this guest as the last time the manager spoke with them they were happy with the re-clean and a bottle of champagne so we had no way to know they were still not happy as everything was completely corrected within 1 hour of their check in. We will be working with this guest to give them a discount on their next stay as we very much care about keeping our guests happy! All we ask is that you let us know right away if there is a problem so we can fix it right away. And as you can see this is NOT a regular issue for us.... our guests love the oceanfront Jacuzzi tub that you can see miles of beach, waves, & sunsets from. We also just purchased new pillow top mattress, luxurious sheets & towels, robes to wear, upgraded soaps, & even chocolates on the pillow await your for your special get away. Thank you for taking the time to read our response for this guest and for our future guests so they know that they can expect a great CLEAN romantic, relaxing stay!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I go a couple times every year and this is the only place we stay its beautiful and very relaxing we usually go during off peak season to save a few bucks but well worth it! The double shower head it a great addition, and the kitchenette serves its purpose. Always clean, would suggest putting in larger newer flat screen t.v.s but who needs a t.v. when your on a romantic getaway!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us for your "beach place"! Loyal guests that stay again and again mean the world to us - it is the highest of compliments a hotel can ask for. Off Season can be a great way to enjoy all the great amenitites our rooms and suites offer at discounted prices and we even do our Fall & Winter Special starting in late Septermber of rent 3 nights and get 30% off ... so with reduced prices and this special how can you not say YES to taking in an amazing sunset (or storm watching) from a large Jacuzzi tub for 2 with a cozy gas fire going listening to the ocean waves hitting the beach. Glad you enjoy the extra touches like the double headed shower! Looking forward to hosting your for your next trip to the beach.