“Awesome place!!!”

Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my 1st visit to this place . I was not expecting that much . They fufill my expectation. They provide the facility exactly wat they showed in pics. Its must go place. U would never regret after paying and staying dere. Infact awesome view from hotel and jacuzzi . I would say I will visit this place again . Spectacular views!!!!! Pls note from 1st floor beach is not viewed properly .

• Stayed: July 2013
beachfrontdianna, Owner at Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

We can't ask for more than "Amesome place!!!" - Thank you so much for the great review. Sounds like we exceeded your expectations - we love when that happens! It's always nice when a guests says we deliver what the pictures on our website show and the guests get the stay and experience they are looking for. Enjoying the oceanfront view from the 2 person Jacuzzi tub with a gas fireplace flickering in the background can certainly make you want to come back again and again :) Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My favorite place to take my wife. Will come back as often as we can. I will tell all my friends whenever the opportunity arises, thank you! Room was clean, sauna was hot, ocean was close, the staff fantastic. Love you guys! -window guy

• Stayed: May 2013

We love having the word "Amazing" used to describe a stay with us! We are very happy that you have choosen us as your favorite place to take your wife - it truly is an honor. Clean room, fantastic staff, simply amazing ..... wow can't ask for a better guest review! Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience and opinion. We look forward to seeing you and your wife at the Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have stayed at the sister hotel a couple years ago. That stay was stellar! So we booked our 15 year wedding anniversary weekend at The Starfish. We were so excited because the pictures looked great, but man we were in for some major disappointment.
1. We arrived to our room and immediately noticed our room was soooo hot! My husband went to turn on the AC, there was none!
2. Looked around, the carpets hadn't been vacuumed...food crumbs everywhere.
3. We went to pull the curtains, the picture window and sliding doors were filthy. Bird poo, bad cleaning job streaks, and hand prints.
4. Went to sit in balcony, dog food scattered. This is not a pet friendly hotel, that was kinda gross.
5. Garages had not been emptied.
6. Did not sleep well, the beds were comfy, but the room never cooled down enough. Sucked!

I called the front desk and the manager was very apologetic. She came up to check things out herself and seemed to be embarrassed. She brought us a bottle of champagne, which was nice, but not even a consolation prize for the nerves going. We had to wait around for housekeeping to come do their work, and still I ended up cleaning windows and dusting myself after they left.

Oh, and the icing on the cake, when I went to put my makeup bag under the sink-there was a small trash can with the previous guests smelly feminine products.

I am so surprised we ended up staying, The Starfish really needs to spend some of their hefty room fees on a better house keeping company and AC!

The manager would not comp any fees as we had already received a discount at the time of booking, which is dumb being that the person I had booked with offered me the discount if we stayed 2 nights. I feel like they didn't do a good job cleaning because they knew it was a discounted room.

Nonetheless, be forewarned.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank 2ndhoneymoon98
beachfrontdianna, Owner at Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I am very sorry this guest encountered the cleaning issues! There is no excuse and thankfully you can see from our other reviews that our housekeepers do a wonderful job 99% of the time. Regarding the room being too hot. There is only 1 oceanfront hotel in Lincoln City that has AC and it does not offer any Jacuzzi or Hot Tub rooms. We have purchased in-room fans for those rare days that the coast is warm too. This is rare as when inland (Salem-Portland) gets hot we get a foggy cool breeze most of the time. This guest stayed during the 4th of July weekend and we did have 2 new housekeepers and they were supposed to be double checked (as we do on all rooms anyways). I don't know what to say about the dog food as we didn't find any and don't allow pets. The bird poop - you can just finish window washing and a darn sea gull might be minutes after you left. I am a bit surprised with this review as we did address it right away and had the room completely re-cleaned and the guests expressed they were happy with the champagne and didn't ask for any other discount until 2 days later at check out and said they had a wonderful time but thought they should receive a discount. We have been in contact with this guest as the last time the manager spoke with them they were happy with the re-clean and a bottle of champagne so we had no way to know they were still not happy as everything was completely corrected within 1 hour of their check in. We will be working with this guest to give them a discount on their next stay as we very much care about keeping our guests happy! All we ask is that you let us know right away if there is a problem so we can fix it right away. And as you can see this is NOT a regular issue for us.... our guests love the oceanfront Jacuzzi tub that you can see miles of beach, waves, & sunsets from. We also just purchased new pillow top mattress, luxurious sheets & towels, robes to wear, upgraded soaps, & even chocolates on the pillow await your for your special get away. Thank you for taking the time to read our response for this guest and for our future guests so they know that they can expect a great CLEAN romantic, relaxing stay!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I go a couple times every year and this is the only place we stay its beautiful and very relaxing we usually go during off peak season to save a few bucks but well worth it! The double shower head it a great addition, and the kitchenette serves its purpose. Always clean, would suggest putting in larger newer flat screen t.v.s but who needs a t.v. when your on a romantic getaway!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us for your "beach place"! Loyal guests that stay again and again mean the world to us - it is the highest of compliments a hotel can ask for. Off Season can be a great way to enjoy all the great amenitites our rooms and suites offer at discounted prices and we even do our Fall & Winter Special starting in late Septermber of rent 3 nights and get 30% off ... so with reduced prices and this special how can you not say YES to taking in an amazing sunset (or storm watching) from a large Jacuzzi tub for 2 with a cozy gas fire going listening to the ocean waves hitting the beach. Glad you enjoy the extra touches like the double headed shower! Looking forward to hosting your for your next trip to the beach.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Place was fantastic, with a great view of the ocean, staff very friendly and helpful. I will definitely go back there again and would strongly recommend it for family or romantic vacations.

The only negativity is the late check-in at 4 pm. It would be much better if they would allow an earlier check-in

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
beachfrontdianna, Owner at Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for the great review! It is always nice to hear that our staff is very friendly & helpful and that the oceanfront location and oceanviews are "excellent" and enjoyed by our guests. What a nice compliment to be called an "Excellent Place" too! If you get into Lincoln City before the 4 pm check in - feel free to call or stop by as we will always try to accomodate an earlier check in if at all possible. Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to do a review and share your opinion. We look forward to hosting you again soon at the beach!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed in a Nautica suite. The main problems were the room temperature/stuffiness, cheap towels and linens, mismatched decor, the jacuzzi tub in the room with carpet, and very, very small bathroom. The room was clean and the view was amazing.
Problems first. The room was much too warm with little to no air circulation. When we checked in, the room temperature was 82 degrees fahrenheit and the room was very stuffy. The outside temperature was only about 72 degrees. Even after opening the sliding door to the balcony and leaving it open for three hours while we went to dinner, the room had only cooled down to 80 degrees. This is because there is a constant flame burning in the fireplace. When we called down to the front desk, we found out that the only option was to have the fireplace turned off by the maintenance person and not to be able to have it turned back on until the next morning. This was a problem as the only heat source is the fireplace and if we were to get cold in the night, we would not be able to warm up the room. The hotel bills itself as luxury but the decor of the room and the cheap quality of the linens do not match the luxury billing. The bed linens were sea-foam green, which is a very odd choice. The towels were also green and were not turkish cotton or even 100% cotton but a poly blend. There was no unifying decor theme. The sink for the bathroom which is located in the room was a victorian pedestal sink but other parts of the room were a nondescript contemporary style. The room also had very poor lighting. It was also kind of gross to have a jacuzzi tub in the main room and surrounded by carpet--a situation I think would lead to mold in a coast setting. In fact, the curtain on the window above the tub was stained. The worst thing about the room was the teeny-tiny bathroom and that the bathroom sink was a pedestal with absolutely no counter space for your toiletries, etc. The pedestal seemed an odd choice. Also, the morning of check out housekeeping tried to get into the room two hours before I had checked out. I found that a bit odd, especially since the hotel makes a big deal of having you choose whether you want maid service, "so as not to disturb you." For the amount of money I paid for the room, these problems are simply unacceptable. It all seemed a bit tacky and rinky-dink.
Positive things about the room-- the room was clean. The very best thing was the unobstructed view and closeness to the beach.
In sum, the room would have been fine, had I paid only $100-125 for it. Luxury it was not.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angela M
beachfrontdianna, Owner at Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

I am pleased this guest thought the room was very clean and enjoyed the great view! We have just purchased and put all new linens and towels - luxurious department store (not the standard hotel white kind of sheets and towels). We also added new robes and brand new pillow top mattresses as well to make sure we keep up our luxury quality. We have added in-room fans for the rare days on the coast that don't have a cool breeze blowing. As you can see 99% of our guests have loved our romantic tubs - which are COMPLETELY surrounded by tile and overlook the oceanfront. I believe this guest is talking about the step by the tub to make getting into the large tub easier. It is carpeted (same type as the room) as not to be a slip hazard - but we do provide a bath mat so it is not exposed to any more moisture than any other carpet. We shampoo our carpets on a very regular basis. We have never had an issue with any mold. Hopefully this response helps these guests and any future guests to know we do stay on top of any item that needs replacing. We definitely want to provide a romantic upscale getaway and many many of our loyal repeat guests love us and come anniversary after anniversary so like to see the new items too! Thank you for taking the time to read this response.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was my wife and I's first trip away from the kids for our anniversary and I'm glad I picked this place to go to. The view was excellent, the service was great, the weather cooperated surprisingly and was beautiful. The only complaints I have (and there pretty minor) are that if your staying on the top floor all the heat from the lower rooms makes the room really hot when your trying to sleep (no a/c). We had issues with the wifi as well. Got it for about 10 min. then didn't have it the rest of the time. (maybe need to have a router up on the 3rd or 4th floor) Other than that we loved the experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KevinW0617

Thank you so much for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed the oceanfront Jacuzzi room for your anniversary stay. We have purchased new in-room fans for those few days when the coast is hot... most of the time if the Portland/inland area is hot we get abit of a foggy breeze so this rarely happens but we are prepared now. Also we have reset the routers on each floor and I personally took my laptop up to check each floor for wi-fi. Thank you again for the nice review!