We stayed in a Nautica suite. The main problems were the room temperature/stuffiness, cheap towels and linens, mismatched decor, the jacuzzi tub in the room with carpet, and very, very small bathroom. The room was clean and the view was amazing.
Problems first. The room was much too warm with little to no air circulation. When we checked in, the room temperature was 82 degrees fahrenheit and the room was very stuffy. The outside temperature was only about 72 degrees. Even after opening the sliding door to the balcony and leaving it open for three hours while we went to dinner, the room had only cooled down to 80 degrees. This is because there is a constant flame burning in the fireplace. When we called down to the front desk, we found out that the only option was to have the fireplace turned off by the maintenance person and not to be able to have it turned back on until the next morning. This was a problem as the only heat source is the fireplace and if we were to get cold in the night, we would not be able to warm up the room. The hotel bills itself as luxury but the decor of the room and the cheap quality of the linens do not match the luxury billing. The bed linens were sea-foam green, which is a very odd choice. The towels were also green and were not turkish cotton or even 100% cotton but a poly blend. There was no unifying decor theme. The sink for the bathroom which is located in the room was a victorian pedestal sink but other parts of the room were a nondescript contemporary style. The room also had very poor lighting. It was also kind of gross to have a jacuzzi tub in the main room and surrounded by carpet--a situation I think would lead to mold in a coast setting. In fact, the curtain on the window above the tub was stained. The worst thing about the room was the teeny-tiny bathroom and that the bathroom sink was a pedestal with absolutely no counter space for your toiletries, etc. The pedestal seemed an odd choice. Also, the morning of check out housekeeping tried to get into the room two hours before I had checked out. I found that a bit odd, especially since the hotel makes a big deal of having you choose whether you want maid service, "so as not to disturb you." For the amount of money I paid for the room, these problems are simply unacceptable. It all seemed a bit tacky and rinky-dink.
Positive things about the room-- the room was clean. The very best thing was the unobstructed view and closeness to the beach.
In sum, the room would have been fine, had I paid only $100-125 for it. Luxury it was not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Hotel right on the ocean. All rooms and suites offer 2 person jetted tubs overlooking the Pacific Ocean and cozy gas fireplaces. Perfect for your romantic getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Starfish Manor Oceanfront
- Starfish Manor Oceanfront Lincoln City