“Romantic getaway”

Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Starfish Manor was topnotch. the staff we're just delightful. It was a truly relaxing experience. No complaints. I would give this 5 stars. If you are planning a trip soon I would definitely stay here. It was pretty quiet

Room Tip: We we're on the second floor. Overall it was pretty private.
2  Thank Julie961
There are newer reviews for Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I had a great three day weekend. The room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. The jacuzzi was awesome, the fireplace was warm and cozy and the view was unbeatable, The front desk staff was very polite and helpful. If I could make any suggestions it would be to add some counter or shelf space in the bathroom for toiletries.but that wont stop us from coming back.

1  Thank NWeplorers
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband of 11 years and I were sent to the Starfish Manor Oceanfront Hotel as a "thank you" from my employer for a terrific sales month in January. We stayed in the Nautica room on the 3rd floor, room #13. Everything was wonderful-the rose petals on the bed and the jacuzzi tub was a nice romantic touch, as was the gas fireplace. Front desk gal (sorry, I forgot her name!) was totally accommodating and courteous, even finding a very nice blender among the assorted hotel amenities available for loan (free of charge, I should also add!) so that we could make blended margaritas in our room. Loved the ambient lighting near the jacuzzi tub; since candles aren't permitted in any of the rooms, being able to dim the lights was a nice feature! We only had two small complaints: the bed was a BIT small for such a nice room, and there should be extra blankets or comforters available in the rooms as it gets a bit chilly at night!(Excuse me, THREE small complaints-there is absolutely NO vanity/toiletry space to set your stuff on in the bathroom or sink area!) Having the combination safe in the room's closet is a fabulous idea as well-I didn't want to have to drag my huge purse with me to the casino, but didn't feel comfortable just leaving it in our room in plain sight, so it was a nice feeling of security to be able to stow it safely away in our room until we returned! Neighboring visitors were very quiet-no loud noises to contend with, and the crash of the ocean waves and breakers makes wonderful ambient noise to fall asleep and wake up to! This was our first trip to this particular hotel, but we will DEFINITELY be back for a return stay in the summer when the weather improves! A first-rate romantic getaway hotel for two that I would highly recommend! Other amenities included basic dishes/flatware for two, champagne flutes and wine glasses, coffee pot with complimentary coffee, an iron, a flat-screen television with cable, and free wi-fi. Be sure to look for the room journal so that you can leave a note about your own personal stay and experience at the Starfish Manor!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor at the very end on the right (viewed from parking lot) have a great view of t...
1  Thank MarlaM1970
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is the 2nd time my husband and I have stayed at one of the Beachfront Properties. The Starfish Manor was awesome. The only complaint I have is the bed - it's horrible. They could really use a better mattress and possibly some nicer linens. Other than that, I have no complaints. Next time we book I will check and see if some of the other rooms possibly have a better mattress as my husband and I both woke up with horrible back pain. We were able to check in early - they called at around 11am to say our room was ready so that was nice that we didn't have to wait until the 4pm check-in. We will be back for sure!!

3  Thank Amber F
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We decided to go to Lincoln City for a romantic weekend, we found Starfish manor online.From the moment we called to the moment we left it was amazing, The registration clerk (sorry I didnt write her name down) was so sweet and asked what we had in mind and got us just the right room. When we arrived we found rose petals and chocolates on our bed, rose petals around the jacuzzi, it was already warmed up for us. The room was just lovely....we stayed in the "Day at the beach room" at Nantucket Inn overlooking the ocean, beautiful view,we watched the sunset from the deck. 1 flight down to the back yard then one more down to the beach. Such easy access made for several wonderful walks on the beach. We got up early and found a glass float made by a Lincoln city artesian-such a treat! It is such a great location pretty central to everything. Thank you, Starfish manor for a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

First of all, staff were 100% terrific!
Good things about the Reef Room (1st floor, #3): Jacuzzi, king bed, clean, recently painted, double-headed shower, toiletry products; loaner bathrobes; chocolates and rose petals on the bed.
Things that didn't quite work in that room: All curtains are too long for the windows -- looks cheesy; the ocean is visible from only one side of the bed -- a safety hedge blocks the view for your sweetie; you can't watch the TV or change channels with the remote while sitting in the bed -- the screen is angled away and the remote signal doesn't reach. The heating is weird: took a long time to heat up; the gas fireplace seemed to work only between 5 and 11 pm. There are no extra blankets, even when it is 30-40 degrees outside!

Room Tip: Try another one besides the Reef Room #3.
6  Thank SueP360
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband booked a romantic getaway for the 2 of us for New Years Eve. Judging by the pictures, the rooms looked lovely. We arrived at 3:30 in the afternoon and, we were told our room wasn't ready yet. Really, at 3:30 in the afternoon and the room is not ready. After waiting another half hour we tried checking in again. This time we were told our room was down the road. Hmmm, that was odd to us but ok. We drive down Jetty road to a 3 unit beach house. It was run down, with the paint peeling off the walls, dirty carpet, the bathroom was old and outdated. The worst part was the heat, or the lack of, I should say. The only heat source was a small gas fireplace in the corner of the living room. Also, there are many rules that must be followed. If you use any towels, you will wash them. We paid 300.00 for the night, for a complete dump. Buyer beware of what you are getting before booking with this hotel. As soon as we woke up we left.

25  Thank Patti C