“Absolutely AMAZING”

Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Gresham, Oregon
“Absolutely AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

We booked a room (suite 8) at the Starfish Manor and were absolutely floored by how amazing it was. A two room suite, with robes, chocolates, and rose pedals on the beds. An outside oceanfront hot tub and amazing views. The staff was amazing and wonderful to work with, they do not bother you unless you ask. They were incredibly helpful. We were so comfortable in our suite we didn't even eat out or go anywhere. If you are looking to cook in, the kitchen was fully stocked. This would be the perfect stay for a family of four, or two couples (as there are two bedrooms) or a romantic getaway for two. This is absolutely the BEST place to stay in Lincoln City. If you are looking for a family getaway or a romantic weekend, this place is definitely for you. When booking, if you are interested in the outdoor hot tub, you must ask, as there are only three, but they are amazing.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Milwaukie, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

Our daughter recently married the guy of her dreams. For their honeymoon they only planned for the basics that 2 students might afford. After the newlyweds returned from their honeymoon they were beamming about the Starfish Manor. They were greeted with rose petals, chocolates, beverage on ice and an incredible view of the Oregon coast. Being lifetime Oregon natives they have been to the coast many times but they both said they had not seen such an amazing view than the one from their hotel window. The kids said the accommodations were perfect from the super comfy sofa to the hottub with the ocean view. The staff was courteous, professional and pleasant to talk with. I know because I as a mom that wanted the best for our daughter,I had talked to them. They assured me they would make their stay beautiful, and they did. When we saw the beautiful smile on the faces of the young couple I knew her every last dream had been met. Everything was wonderful! I cannot express enough what a relief to us as parents to know that they were in comfortable, gracious and caring hands. As if they were staying at the home of some great friends!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

This hotel is perfect for a romantic get-away. It is right on the ocean, is very well taken care of, and the staff pride themselves on not interfering with the guests. The room had a kitchen which made it even easier to never leave :). At the end of our stay, my wife and I didnt want to leave.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite and their "romance" package is amazing
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

At first I was upset at my boyfriend because I thought he booked a rinky-dink hotel but I was pleasantly surprised at how great this place was! The room was cute and it had a hot tub outside the balcony which overlooked the ocean. It was so great and the bed was so comfortable!

Room Tip: It seems that some reviewers were not happy with their room choices but I was. You would probably ha...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed here for 3 unplanned nights while travelling around Washington & Oregon. We were finding it difficult to book hotels on the day in this area so we booked the following 2 nights in a Nautica King as they were full the day I tried to book. In the end though, they managed to find me a Nautica Queen suite on the day then move me to my king for the pre-booked part of the stay.

I can only rate the rooms we stayed in. We arrived at 7:15pm to the queen room to find the lights dimmed, the fire on low and the sun setting beautifully, my wife was more than impressed. The Jucuzzi double width bath was perfect to just spend the first evening with the patio door open listening to the ocean in the background, just what we needed.

The queen room had a smallish bathroom with just a toilet and the double shower with the sink outside the room. It was one of these modern sealed shower cubicles though and looked immaculately clean, the twin shower heads were great too. The king room had a bigger bathroom with the sink inside although this was more of a bath with double shower rather than a walk in. Both rooms were really nice and it was hard to decide which was better, the bigger bathroom or the walk in shower of the smaller. We didn't mind either way as both were very clean and both rooms were otherwise almost identical.

We had a very relaxing time here and I think the complaints of the room temperature and maid service only on request are a bit unfair. This is a romantic retreat, you can treat it like a small apartment with microwave, fridge, cutlery etc so we preferred the discrete maid service and felt we could leave things lying around without anyone coming in and cleaning up. They were clearly on site as both rooms were beautifully presented when we walked in. As for the temperature, the gas fire is always on at least low to stop the pilot light going out so if it is very hot day, the temp will only go down to about 70 - 75 degrees (It was a warm 90 degrees outside when we arrived). This never felt uncomfortable, with the patio door open it was just relaxing watching the small flame with the lights dimmed and the ocean. I'm sure if it gets too hot the staff would be willing to turn off the fire completely for your stay as it's a standard gas fire with electronic igniter.

My wife considers me a fussy brit on hotel rooms but both myself and my wife had a great stay here. The staff were polite and friendly and helped with any questions and extra coffee when needed. We will definitely stay here again if we find ourselves in this part of the world.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steven J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed in the King suite which included a fireplace, kitchenette and 2 person jacuzzi overlooking the ocean. The bed was decorated with rose petals and chocolates. Although it's surrounded brother buildings, it's very quiet and peaceful. You feel secluded and as if you're the only guests there. We didn't want to leave. Staying anywhere else after being there would be a disappointment. We can't wait to go again.

• Stayed September 2011
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

For Christmas our daughter gave us a gift certificate to the Starfish Manor. After our stay, we told her she never has to worry about what to give us, because she can just get us this every year!
The room was luxurious. The balcony was very private and had a great view of the ocean. The staff is friendly. It is one of our favorite places to stay on the Oregon Coast.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple