“Friendly staff”

Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located OCEANFRONT on the Inn At Spanish Head's 10th floor, Fathoms Restaurant & Bar offers spectacular Oregon coast views, fresh seafood, juicy steaks and other Northwest specialties. Fathoms Bar features classic hand-shaken cocktails and fresh squeezed juices. Enjoy an array of appetizers, then relax with the best ocean view on the Oregon coast.Open daily for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. We offer Early Bird Dinners from $10.50, if ordered before 5:30pm, any day of the week. Holiday Brunches are a favorite along with our seasonal Sunday Brunches that begin July 2,2017-Sept.10,2017. Reservations suggested for dinner and large parties.
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Atop the Inn at Spanish Head, the atmosphere
Is stunning with great view of the ocean in
a lovely decorated space. The service efficient and done with great courtesy. The plates were well presented with very tasty food.

1  Thank knittinggrandma
Lisa W, General Manager at Fathoms Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Hello,
I’m delighted you enjoyed your dining experience at Fathoms, the Inn’s 10th-floor oceanfront restaurant and bar. It seems the view, cuisine and service were all to your liking. Wonderful! Thank you for letting us know. And speaking of the view, some say you can see the curve of the earth from Fathoms. I think I can and it’s pretty amazing.

Fathoms is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week, plus our seasonal Sunday brunch, offered July through mid-September, and holiday buffets, served on Mother and Father’s Days, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Room service is also available when staying at the Inn. I think it’s quite a treat to enjoy a meal in your room now and then, perhaps dessert and coffee after a busy day or appetizers and some refreshment while enjoying the view from your oceanfront room or balcony in the late afternoon.

I hope your travels bring you back to the Oregon coast again soon. And to the Inn. It’s always our pleasure to serve you. Lisa White, General Manager

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely dinner at a quiet corner table with great views of the ocean. The salad that came with my entree was fresh and delicious. Just the right mix of salad greens. My husband chose the clam chowder with his entree and enjoyed that as well. I had the Dungeness crab cakes that were full of delicious crab and my husband had the scallops which were delicious as well. We shared a lemon cheesecake that had just the right amount of lemon. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly and courteous.

1  Thank JVLD
Lisa W, General Manager at Fathoms Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Hello,
Thank you for your lovely post regarding your dinner at Fathoms, our 10th-floor oceanfront restaurant and bar here at the Inn At Spanish Head. It seems everything was very much to your liking and we are pleased we made your evening such a special one. Our Chef, his culinary team and our wait staff are dedicated to making everyone’s dining experience as enjoyable and delicious as possible.

I agree, the view here is quite incredible. Many do not realize that the Inn is built right on the beach and rises 10 stories high. Only two floors are visible from Highway 101, but the height of the Inn and having our restaurant on the 10th floor makes the oceanfront view one of the best, if not the best, along the Oregon coast. That’s true for all our rooms, as well. Each one is oceanfront, even bedrooms, with floor-to-ceiling windows and many having balconies. I’ve heard it said, you can see the curve of the earth, especially from our top floors.

I hope you’ll be able to return again soon. We offer a beautiful seasonal Sunday Champagne Brunch, as well as Holiday Buffets throughout the year. The selection of smoked salmon, scallops and shrimp, prime rib, made-to-order omelets, a variety of domestic and imported cheeses, Chef selected salads and vegetable, pastries and a wonderful array of desserts is something to behold.

Thank you again for letting us know about your dining experience. Lisa White, General Manager.

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Sunday Brunch at Fathoms--I can't say enough about the view!!!! Best on the coast. The champagne flow freely and the selection is good. We weren't at all impressed with hotel management during this stay at The Inn at Spanish Head (likely our last!), but Fathoms remains a favorite.

2  Thank Jo M
Lisa W, General Manager at Fathoms Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

Hello Jo,
I’m so glad to hear you enjoy the Sunday brunch in our 10th-floor oceanfront restaurant and bar, Fathoms. It is quite amazing with the smoked salmon, scallops and shrimp, prime rib, made-to-order omelets, a variety of domestic and imported cheeses, Chef selected salads and vegetable, pastries and a wonderful array of desserts, which are made in-house. And of course, the view is outstanding too.

My apologies if you felt our hotel management did not meet your expectations during your stay. I would be interested to know why. We have so many compliments on TripAdvisor and in person. Of course we work diligently to create a warm, friendly and safe environment for each guest. Please call or email me (lwhite@spanishhead.com) and let me know how we can improve our guest services.

I hope you enjoyed our location, where each room is oceanfront with floor-to-ceiling windows and many units have nice balconies, so the spectacular view is the best it can be. And our easy beach access is an elevator ride down to the first floor and a few steps out our backdoor. It’s great for exploring nearby tide pools, strolling miles of sandy beaches or simply relaxing to watch the waves roll in.

I hope you will be back on the Oregon coast soon and that you’ll come back to Fathoms and stay at the Inn. Thank you for letting us know about your time here at the Inn. Lisa White, General Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2017

I have never been to a restaurant that would not serve me a house salad because I did not order one of there dinners. I wasn't that hungry so I ordered French onion soup and requested a side house salad. Well that could not be done. I had to order a dinner to get the house green salad. I asked Guermo the Waiter if I could speak to the Manager and he said no, he was not available. The view was great, but that's it. Snobby attitude from the old woman who seated us. I will never return and I do not recommend it...overpriced too. Stay away! Go to Kyllos instead.

2  Thank H0spitalityRules

Hello,
I’m very sorry you were not satisfied with your service at Fathoms. As you must assume, our Chef, his culinary staff and our wait staff want you to have the best experience possible. If you did not, please accept our apologies.

I want you and others to know, it is possible to to order side dishes, including salads. I’m not sure how it happened that you felt you were not able to do so. We do not have a list of sides on our menu, but if you ask, we will gladly add it to your order.

As far as speaking to the restaurant manager, he is not there 24/7, so he may not have been there during your visit. But in that case, our wait staff has the authority to make sure each guest is treated well and fairly. I feel this incident may have been a situation of miscommunication on our side and perhaps yours.

The “old woman” who seated you is extremely kind, very capable and again, has always taken good care of our guests. I truly hope your description of her is one that in retrospect, you feel is uncalled for.

I hope you will return to Fathoms Restaurant and Bar and give us another try. As you can see on TripAdvisor, we have many satisfied guests. We’d like to include you in that list. And I will agree, Kyllos is very good too. Lisa White. General Manger.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Have been here several times and never disappointed! The food is excellent and the view of the ocean is unsurpassed in my opinion! They have wine corkage so you can bring in your own to match your meal! Definitely go at sunset!

2  Thank Rodneyrogers

Hello,
It’s music to my ears to know you have been here several times and we have never disappointed you. That’s the goal of our Chef at Fathoms and his culinary crew. They have created a lovely array of fresh seafoods, NW specialties, pastas and delicious steaks. And our desserts are made in-house, so there’s always an amazing way to end your meal too.

And the view. Fathoms restaurant and bar is 10 stories above the Pacific Ocean, so yes, the view is quite spectacular. In the restaurant we have huge windows that wrap around for views to the south, the north and west. In the bar we have floor-to-ceiling windows, which are also great for spotting whales, flocks of seabirds and of course, breath-taking sunsets.

We are happy to offer wine corkage, but we also have an extensive list of regional and international wines to choose from and a full bar offering classic hand-shaken, craft-brewed ands domestic beers and fresh squeezed juices. You’ll also find an nice assortment of appetizers, sandwiches, seafood and other delicious bites on our bar menu.

Thank you for letting us know about your time at Fathoms. We hope to see you again on the Oregon Coast and the Inn again soon. Lisa White, General Manager