“Good food, great view.”

Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located OCEANFRONT on the Inn At Spanish Head's 10th floor, Fathoms Restaurant & Bar offers spectacular Oregon coast views, fresh seafood, juicy steaks and other Northwest specialties. Fathoms Bar features classic hand-shaken cocktails and fresh squeezed juices. Enjoy an array of appetizers, then relax with the best ocean view on the Oregon coast.Open daily for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. We offer Early Bird Dinners from $10.50, if ordered before 5:30pm, any day of the week. Holiday Brunches are a favorite along with our seasonal Sunday Brunches that begin July 2,2017-Sept.10,2017. Reservations suggested for dinner and large parties.
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Only 4 stars as the restaurant is starting to show its age. Otherwise the food has been good every time we've eaten here (about every 6 months), every table has a view of the ocean and the service is very good. Jorge has served us the last 2 times and is excellent. Sometimes you'll see the wait staff actually running to keep up. We were never looking for a server to get us anything as they know when to be there. We showed up at 5 on a Mon with no reservations and got in but you better call ahead for any time later than that. My wife and I shared two small plates and one entree and it was plenty.

2  Thank genoteich

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The staff at the Fathoms is excellent! My fiancee called to make reservations for his marriage proposal and was greeted by the most helpful and sweet manager ever! After explaining what his plan was at dinner, Lisa, the manager bent over backwards to ensure that everything was going to be 100% perfect and she absolutely delivered!

We arrived to the restaurant and found there to be no parking in the "restaurant only" lot so we had to split up, I went to get our table and my fiancee went to park in the upper lot. NOTE: We later found out if we would have left the car in a temporary spot and alerted the front desk, they would have parked it for us. I arrived, spoke to the hostess and immediately felt as though I were on a special guest list. The manager Lisa stopped over to greet me, bring water and let me know who our server was, I am pretty sure I was sitting for less than a minute before she stopped by! Instantly I was awe stuck by the view, it was absolutely amazing (Beach and ocean as far as the eye could see)! Within a few short minutes my fiancee arrived we settled in and Lisa came back over to greet him and ask if we would like her to take a picture since we had never been there before!!! OF COURSE LISA! Oh my goodness how sweet is this lady!?

Let me break off here and talk about the separate elements of this restaurant.

View: NOT TO BE MISSED!!!! It is breath taking!

Atmosphere: The restaurant as a whole was nice. I would really like to see a dress code of some sort here though or a more romantic/secluded section. This is by far the prettiest place to eat and yet I felt it was WAY too casual. There were families sitting near us with small children, people in shorts and tank tops, camo jackets and very casual beach attire. Now, I realize that not everyone wants to get dressed up to go to dinner but also not everyone wants to be surrounded by families and such a casual environment, especially considering the view, the potential for a very romantic dinner and the overall $$ of the food.

Food: We ordered the Seared Rib-Eye and Prime Rib with asparagus and chowder.

The Rib-eye was perfect, loved the blue-cheese butter! Super flavor full and perfect cook.

The Prime Rib was wonderful, tender and perfect.

The Chowder was by far the best in town and we for sure tried many! It was creamy, thick, and loaded with clams!

The Dessert was a chocolate torte, it was creamy delicious chocolaty goodness! MINE CAME WITH A PINK TOPAZ AND DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING!!!

Staff: Our waiter (Jorge) was VERY professional, he never lingered or pretended we were there for him, he was on top of our needs at every turn but very much remained in the background so as not to intrude. Each staff member that helped us was absolutely wonderful.

As I mentioned before, Lisa was a huge help with my fiancee's proposal, he gave her the ring and she brought it out with dessert in the cutest little heart dish with glass marbles around it. The number of staff that accompanied her was perfect, they made it feel for a few moments as though we were the only two in the restaurant, with just a few witnesses:) It was really special! After we ate a bit and chatted about the exciting event, Lisa came back over and offered to take another picture of us! Seriously she made it so special!!!

We had a wonderful dinner and look forward to visiting again!

1  Thank JAMorris81212
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I went to have a drink to enjoy the view. We were seated quickly in the bar but when we ordered our drinks, a margarita and a piña colada the waiter left then came back 5 min later saying his blender was broken he couldn't make them. I asked could we get a Long Island at the same price he said no. We were fine with that but continued to ask us to order another type of drink we said no. But really your a bar and your blender doesn't work? Then you won't substitute at same price?

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at the hotel where this restaurant id located for 2 nights. We ate there the 1st night and made plans to eat there the 2nd night right away! It is such a pretty place, large windows with unbelievable views from anywhere you sit! We had asked and waited for a window table and the wait was so well worth it! The food is also great, both night we were so happy with our meals. The service was also great. We had the same waiter each night and he was excellent! We also had breakfast one morning, also very good! They do not rush you at all and we watched a beautiful sunset each night! Not one to pass up!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

A must every trip to Lincoln city. EXCELLENT food & service! Consistent every time. The view is to die for. Clam chowder is the best I've had in a long time. Wish I had their recipe for the blue cheese dressing. yum!

1  Thank DannynJill