“"Dog Day Afternoon??"”

Ranked #6 of 106 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located OCEANFRONT on the Inn At Spanish Head's 10th floor, Fathoms Restaurant & Bar offers spectacular Oregon coast views, fresh seafood, juicy steaks and other Northwest specialties. Fathoms Bar features classic hand-shaken cocktails and fresh squeezed juices. Enjoy an array of appetizers, then relax with the best ocean view on the Oregon coast.Open daily for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. We offer Early Bird Dinners from $10.50, if ordered before 5:30pm, any day of the week. Holiday Brunches are a favorite along with our seasonal Sunday Brunches that begin July 2,2017-Sept.10,2017. Reservations suggested for dinner and large parties.
Vancouver, Washington
“"Dog Day Afternoon??"”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

It started as a positive dining experience and turned into a something do incredulous i can't define it. Except to say that the view and the food were made irrelevant by the the total lack of disregard to public health food and safety laws, customer service and Service animal rules and regs.

I was dining with friends and there were about 3-4 other tables when a self entitled older woman came to dine with her NOT A SERVICE dog. It was untethered and uncontained, not kept by it's humans side but left to run around the dining area and allowed to eat scraps off a plate.. The staff did try to pacify my concerns about allergies and other concerns about the dog in general by keeping it away from us but the dog was allowed to stay...

this was not a service animal, it was NOT working, the patron was not disabled, and at no time did the staff enquire about it or contain the situation. I will NEVER be back to Fathoms nor will the others at my table and all the people we know. I hope your 'VIP' spends enough money to make up for the revenue. In the meantime, read up on the following from the JUSTICE DEPT about Service animals...and next time...tell your patron the dog has to go but she is welcome. Period. It's your job, and it's the law. http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank sara a

Seattle, Washington
“Great Food and Service Under Tough Conditions”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was with a group that met at the Spanish Head for a week, and we had lunch in the restaurant every day. They got slammed with almost 50 people, all at once, day after day. The service was much better than I expected under the circumstances -- the servers were polite and cheerful, never seemed to be in a hurry, never abrupt -- and the food coming out of the kitchen was great. The beer battered cod and chips was yummy (I had it three times), and the prime rib dip was very good. I had the clam chowder and a chicken caesar salad once and enjoyed both very much. The waitress brought the chowder first and then the salad after I finished the soup; no problem on the timing despite the fact that there were full and the servers were dashing. I've had soup and salad show up within a couple of minutes of one another at restaurants that weren't half as busy. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Angela P
Gleneden Beach, Oregon
“BEST UPSCALE RESTAURANT AROUND”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Back in October of 2013, we had friends visit from California. We wanted to take them to a special dinner so we tried the Fathoms Restaurant & bar which is located in the Inn at Spanish Head. We had not been there before, so we were going in "blind". We made reservations and when we arrived (on a Saturday night) we were seated immediately. We were given a window table overlooking the beach and ocean with giant waves crashing on the shore. As the sun began to set, everyone had their cell phones out taking pictures of the magnificent colors of the sunset. What a great view we had. The second we arrived at the table, our waiter was there with two bus boys bringing water and fabulous warm french bread. Throughout the meal the service was impeccable! Everyone ordered something different and each of us couldn't say enough good things about our dinners. I ordered the filet and it was prepared EXACTLY as I ordered it. The quality, flavor, and tenderness of my meal made it the best filet I have ever eaten. It beat the quality of the filet at Ruth's Chris Steak House hands down, at one third the price! We ordered 5 different deserts and everyone shared. Each desert was more fabulous than the last!

We've been back several times since then and each time we're been very pleased. In fact,we went there on Valentine's Day and they had live music with a wonderful pianist who made it the perfect romanic evening.

The prices are very fair considering the quality of the food, the atmosphere, and the great service. Also, this is a popular tourist area, so all-in-all it's great value for the money. If you want something very upscale for this area, Fathoms Restaurant & bar is the only place to go!

Washougal, Washington
“Craved Some Seafood!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had steak last night, so being on the coast, it was time for sea food! Called and was told we didn't need a reservation unless we had a party of eight or more. When we arrived we were seated right away. The waiter arrived promptly and asked if we wanted something to drink. He then told us the special which was Macadamia Crusted Flounder. I tried that and my wife had a Seafood Platter. Our waiter was very professional. He asked the right question, made suggestions, checked back on us frequently and served our bottle of wine efficiently. Overall, the food and the experience was excellent. Would highly recommend!

3 Thank beloit32
“Closed from 2 to 4”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Lounge was nice we arrived a bit after 2 so we had a snack and made reservations. Dinner was excellent, flavorful and fresh. View is wonderful. I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. Service was great too. We will make this a stop every visit. Oh yeah I had the chicken skewers and butter chicken. While my wife had the seafood medley pasta. All were wonderful with lots of left overs. Tab with desert and two drinks, plus tip comes to $75. Wonderful evening.

1 Thank Rachaelsgirl