“Rock on Motel 6 I say!”

Motel 6 Lincoln City
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed May 17, 2011

There’s a steep incline outside this Motel 6 which you do need to be careful of if you’re in a big vehicle. It was absolutely fine for me, but I thought I’d mention it for the nervous drivers. Other than that this Motel is clean and comfortable with lovely staff. The best thing about it is the location. You can walk to the bars and restaurants and it’s a stone’s throw from the beach.

The views on the beach are lovely and there’s a really good bakery nearby. Set in a sweet neighbourhood which is good to stroll through I think it’s one of the best situated Motel 6s I’ve stayed in.

Also I know that the rooms are meant to only have the basics, but I asked at front desk if they had a hairdryer I could borrow and they were more than happy to oblige. Rock on Motel 6 I say!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Lincoln City

Reviewed January 31, 2011

Traveling for business but trying to make the rest of my weekend a little bit pleasure. It was last minute travel so I was looking for a hotel that took dogs. This was a holiday weekend and my normal preferred hotel was booked (along with the rest of the town) so I want to try something new that took dogs. Motel 6 in Lincoln City was priced very low and the reviews showed it was an okay property at last minute. If you’re looking for a clean, dog friendly and friendly staff hotel you’re in luck. The hotel was very clean and wonderful staff but if you want to get sleep that is another story. The walls a paper thin and the beds are rock hard with older scratchy bedding and only one set of towels for two people. Woke up to noisy guests coming in at 3am but that was not just the last of it, this was the start until 8am, between the dogs barking, babies crying and drunks coming in from the casino. This I know can happen at any other hotel but it seem for the price it would be better to pay a bit more for some peace and quiet somewhere else that is less transited. Getting coffee in the am ran into two other guests staying and they were just as blurry eyed as myself saying they got no sleep thanks to the noise in the hotel. In part it was other guest fault for being noisy and a hotel cannot control this but a little warning to know that if you’re only looking for clean and friendly staff for one night that you can accomplish but you might not get any sleep.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2010

First off, we spent the night in their Eureka Motel 6 the night before and it this place was the Hilton by comparison. Super nice staff. New indoor hotel. No parties in parking lot. Beautiful building and beautiful rooms. Got a wonderful night's sleep and highly recommend this to anyone. The only drawback is the parking area. It isn't friendly to disabled people, as after you park you have to walk uphill to get in the front.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Despite being sited right next to a main road which is busy during the day, and having a room at the road side, I slept perfectly without the need of ear plugs.
Don't be put off by its position.
Fairly typical of a Motel 6, everything you would expect for the price.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank ManicUSAVisitor
Reviewed June 3, 2010

There were very few amenities offered at this location so you'll want to bring all your own toiletries.
The women at the front desk were nice to us & were sweet to our black lab that is getting up there in age which is always appreciated.
Coffee is downstairs in the lobby & there was no breakfast at all; something to keep in mind for those that are hungry as soon as they wake up. There was a mini fridge in our room where we could have kept something to have on hand the following morning.
You can find more amenities at other locations for a similar rate, but if this is the only place available or you have an additional discount you could stay somewhere a lot worse for sure =)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Very nice and clean, basic accomadations, not for a honeymoon but certainly for a family especially since your not making the hotel room a vacation destiny.
At the end of the day you have a clean shower and bed along with all the cable tv channels.
Also, i was pleasantly suprised on how the room smelled since they allow pets
I am a clean freak at home and this room was more than adaquite.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2009

We decided on a last minute stay- over, called three other hotels which were all booked. We decided to give Motel 6 a chance because of the write up in the visitor's guide for Lincoln City was pretty positive and the building was newer. With two kids in tow, we drove into the parking lot closest to the desk check in. It is terribly situated on a VERY steep hill. Hard to get out of the car and not have the car door slam back on you because of the angle. This would be a terrible parking lot for someone with any special needs as it is very steep and they only have two legal handicap parking spaces on that side of the building. I overheard a lady complaining at the front desk regarding the lack of handicap parking and her needs not being met. They didn't offer much help , only explaining that they are only required to have so many handicap parking spaces. I heard her say that there were two more in the back parking lot which was on a flatter surface. These were also full and more inconvenient it seemed. I felt bad for this lady and her plight.

We still checked in, went to our room. Basic room with a small fridge and microwave. Bed spreads looked old.... very dated. Bathroom looked clean. No shampoo, only 2 bars of soap. No hair dryer either. The fan was very loud and we could hear the other rooms fans when they were on. One room next to ours left it on all night and it was a constant rumble sound through the night.

They did have a laundry facility which I used. This was very convenient for us since I needed to launder some of our kid's clothes (last minute stay over and such) Laundry soap for 1 load was $1.00. Dryer sheets were also $1.00 and came in a box. I couldn't believe there were only 2 dryer sheets in that box! Not a good value for dryer sheets! Each wash or dry load cost $1.00.

Got ready to get into bed, pulled the bedspread back and to my disgust, there was a long black hair on the pillow and shorter hairs throughout the sheets. I totally got the eebie jeebies, and went down to the front desk to complain. Our children had already fallen asleep in the other double bed and my husband felt terrible for not checking those sheets before they got in. (Normall you don't feel the need to do this right?) The lady at the desk said it was probably the maid's hair on the bed from making the bed because they don't wear hair nets. Hmmmm. Didn't buy it because well, how much hair can one person lose while making up a bed? I don't find hair in my bed even when I sleep in it at home! I honestly think they didn't change the sheets and that perhaps a dog had slept in the bed or someone who shed a lot plus a long black human hair. GROSS!

The office girl said she'd switch rooms for us but they were all full. I honestly didn't buy that either because it is quite a large looking hotel and the parking lot wasn't even close to being full.
It was also very quiet in the halls. We didn't see but two other people the whole time we were there.

Ok. so the girl gives me two new sheet sets and I had to change the sheets. I pulled the comforter off the bed, it had a big repair patch on the underside and a hole in it. We checked the kid's bed, it looked fairly ok, so we decided not to upset them since they had already fallen asleep. I doubled up on the bottom sheet because who knew how clean the bed pad was, and turned the heat up so we wouldn't have to use the comforter as a cover. It is hard to fall asleep when you feel grossed out. We all like to pretend that no one has ever slept in the hotel room that we check into. To have a visual reminder that someone else had been in the bed before you isn't pleasant as you all can imagine.

We finally fell asleep. Bed was not comfortable... our backs hurt in the morning. When we checked out, the front desk lady (different one) asked how everything was. I explained the hair in the bed, having to change the sheets etc. Her only response was "that's gross." No... "I am sorry", No discount offered, no refund....just a "that's gross" and some awkward silence. Hmmmm. I have a hard time asking for discounts or comps. (never had to. If something was ever wrong in a hotel that I have stayed at... it was always graciously offered with apologies. I have stayed at quite a few hotels throughout the years and have only complained 2 other times. I decided I would write an honest review. I would not recommend this hotel. Sorry Motel 6. You have a lot of work to do regarding cleanliness, comfort, customer service and parking. I can not recommend you to anyone and won't stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family