“Stay anywhere else” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Portland, Oregon
“Stay anywhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We decided on a Friday morning to spend the weekend at the D river wayside enjoying the surf to escape a Portland heat wave. We knew we were booking at a dated, run-down place, but were willing to overlook a lot for a good location, ocean view and short-notice availability on a busy weekend. That said, we would have gone home Saturday evening if we hadn't found another place that'd had a cancellation because there was no way we'd have stayed here a second night! The room was, in a word, grubby. Not just dated, but grimy. Unclean and greasy. The guest services binder was literally sticky, an even layer of grubby dirt that left a tangible film of yuck on my hands. The chair upholstery felt dirty and the carpet seemed so soiled that I didn't feel comfortable going barefoot in our room. The internet was so slow as to be unusable and kept booting us offline, we actually had a stronger signal from the hotel across Hwy 101 (too bad we didn't have their password!) And our "big balcony" had more view of the multi-patched rooftop of the stores in front of the place than it did of the surf.
The hot tub, at least, seemed clean and well-kept, in a room with a small balcony for fresh air. Tip for front desk personnel: To call this a "14-man jacuzzi" makes you seem like an ignoramus. The ROOM it's in might hold 14 people, if two were in the shower and two on the balcony. Maybe. The tub itself could be called a 4-man tub although it seemed pretty full with my husband, myself and one other man who also thought it was laughable to say it was a 14-man tub.
I would not consider staying here again. Especially at $140 a night!! What a dump. At least the staff were friendly and accommodating. They deserve jobs at a nicer place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Helena_Bucket

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I knew I was paying cheap but dang, the walls were so thin, the rooms were dirty and smelt bad. There was trash under the beds still and I thought the elevator wasn't going to work. The sliding glass door that over looked the "lake" which is pond didn't open. Nasty place

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mandy S

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

When we arrived the first thing I noticed was the array of small beach shops lining the front of the property. The motel from the outside looked a bit run down. But for the $50 price our room was large, clean and comfortable. All we did in Lincoln City was have dinner and sleep. The motel was very close to restaurants so this worked for us. They even had HBO and wifi. Not a bad deal for the price.

Room Tip: I think you may need to pay more for a room facing the ocean. For $50 we facing a tiny pond.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hardendorf
Boise, Idaho, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel needs major repair. I think they need to shut down to paint, replace windows, doors and remodel rooms. This hotel is in a great location but the owners need to do major repair. I will never stay here again. There is other hotels around that are about the same price that will get my business.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Bernard208
Salem, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I booked a room for 1 night before I read any revues. Price was cheap and available on short notice. I then read the reviews and thought to myself "What did I get myself into?" No time to try and find another hotel so going to have to make the best of it. We checked in a little after 5 pm and the front desk person was quite friendly. We go to our room and instead of a queen bed we have a brand new king. Despite what I've read in other reviews our room was clean. No problems with the bedding. Everything was clean and in good condition. New flatscreen TV, micro wave oven, and coffee maker. We did have an ocean view room with very small balcony but the sliding door would not open. We could hear traffic noise and once in a while someone in the hallway but nothing like I read in other reviews. When we checked out I had a chance to talk with manager and found out that they are really working on making this a better hotel. All rooms have new beds, carpet is fairly new and new TVs. I would have no problem staying here again for an overnight trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on back side would have less traffic noise from road
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
4 Thank Bill B
Salem, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I will NEVER go back ! The room was dirty,walls are so thin that We were kept awake most of the night. Sliding glass door leading to the balcony got stuck while we were out on it and took us 10 minuets to get back in.Items were left under the bed from the last people including smelly shoes and garbage. I could go on and on,just stay away from this one if you want an enjoyable stay.Couldnt wait to get out of there !

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Norma N
Portland, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place flat out was a joke not only did they try and make us check in later then the 2;oo oclock that we where going to check in they where rude and very un friendly the front counter guy sucks and the manger is no better.then they charge us a lot more money then when we booked it and also charge us a pet fee when it was going to be no charge if you told them you had dogs.then they wanted to change are room from the 3rd floor to the other side because they said that it was not a dog room well you knew we had dogs and you booked us that room so after all the bull we got to keep are room and when we in are room guess what the dum guy at the counter rented the room to somebody and here they come walking in while we are standing there really...good thing we where not in are bed doing it I will never go back to this place again and I will tell every body not to go there..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family