“What a surprise!”

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Stayton, Oregon
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were attending an event at the casino and we just needed a place to sleep for the night. I was just going for economy not quality. We got to the hotel and we were pleasantly surprised of the cleanliness. The staff was very friendly and check in was quick. The room was so clean and inviting and quiet. We were right above the entrance to the hotel facing the highway. Barely noticed people coming and going.

The only thing that I could see that was not perfect was the breakfast. It was good, but lacking in healthier choices. But the coffee was excellent.

Regardless of the food I still give this place 5 stars!
This will be our go to place for now on.

2 Thank jen f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our road trip across the country. We were fortunate to find this place. Very clean, updated, friendly staff, quiet, great price and dog friendly! Too many places advertise themselves as being dog friendly, but treat your pet as a bother after collecting the pet fee. The Inn at Wecoma gave us a bag of dogie treats and provided information about dog friendly attractions nearby. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Very dog friendly! All pet rooms on the main floor to make it easy to take the dog out.
2 Thank TeamTK12
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Excellent room, excellent staff, extremely clean rooms!
Very impressed definitely will be our place to stay every time we come through Lincoln City, Oregon.
If your looking for a place to stay in Lincoln City stop here you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Room 323 is excellent! It's on the end top floor and a view of the ocean from a distance!
1 Thank Sannigrl
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is a really nice property and apart from one issue that I will go into later we were impressed.

The hotel appears to be either quite new or recently renovated, both common areas and our room were spotless and up to date in terms of furnishings. Check in was friendly and efficient and we were recommended a Mexican restaurant by the front desk staff that as good as she promised it would be (it's also right across the street). We had what I believe they refer to as a "partial ocean view" room. It was on the second floor and had a balcony that would be nice in warmer weather though it did look down onto the parking lot. The hotel is several blocks from the ocean so the primary view is of the parking lot but we did have distant views of the ocean as well. The room itself was great, we had two queen beds and there was still plenty of room for the two really nice leather club chairs the room had.

Breakfast was above average for complimentary, the morning we ate there they had breakfast potatoes, pancakes, biscuits and gravy and hard boiled eggs along with the other standars of a hotel continental breakfast.

If staying in Lincoln City I might have some reservations about this location. I took a walk down to the oean while my kids and wife played in the pool and it was at least half a mile away. That may not sound like much but there was no sidewalk on the relatively busy road that leads there and I found myself worrying about cars a fair bit. Not a bid deal for most people but if you're travelling with kids and like to walk instead of drive it bears mentioning.

So why not 5 stars? After my wife had a shower she discovered there was no hair dryer, we both proceeded to ransack the room looking for one to no avail. I phoned the front desk and asked the woman on duty if they normally provided and she said "yes, there should be one". I told her there definitely wasn't and could I come down and borrow one. She said she would have to look for one and would call us back. We waited 15 minutes, gave up on it and got our kids to sleep. We finally got our girls to sleep and my wife joked "wouldnt' it be funny if the front desk phoned now and woke the girls up". Well, close to an hour after I had phoned down the front desk called! After running for the phone to avoid my girls being woken the front desk person apologized for the delay and asked "are you sure you checked all the drawers?". If this hotel wasn't so nice in all other ways I wouldn't have thought much of it but this was pretty bad customer service for such a nice play, I couldn't believe they wouldn't have just run a hair dryer up. I would have actually mentioned this upon checking out but the morning clerk didn't even ask how our stay was.

Over all I would chalk this up to an isolated incident and still recommend this property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BlackberryBoy
WecomaManager, Manager at Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you appreciated the cleanliness of your room and staff was able to give you a wonderful recommendation for dinner. I sincerely apologize that the guest service you received was anything less than exceptional. I agree that your situation could have been handled better. I assure you I have spoken with our front desk staff to assure all guest receive exceptional service.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you back again in the future.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My husband and I just spent the night at Inn at Wecoma and highly recommend it. The staff are very helpful and available 24 hours a day. The rooms are decorated beautifully, and are very quiet and very clean! There are many choices for breakfast, including boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, potato wedges, cold cereal, yogurt and fruit. The prices are very reasonable! Looking forward to staying again in the near future!

Room Tip: Our room was a corner room on the front side of the building, which is on Hwy 101. It was VERY quie...
1 Thank Marla V
La Grande, Oregon
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My cousins and I are murder mystery writers, and we recently stayed at Inn at Wecoma as part of a "writing" vacation. We found the inn to be a perfect place to write. The staff were friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The rooms were immaculately clean, large, and comfortable. The lobby is a cozy, pleasant place to sit. Several times, we spent time in the lobby writing, and we really enjoyed the atmosphere there as we sat by the gas fireplace. We would definitely return for a stay. What a wonderful retreat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great clean, modern hotel with very friendly staff. Very quiet!

For dog folks - its only $10/per pet per night! And you get treats! Finally a pet charge that gets you something! Not just "pets accepted" but rather "pets welcome".

Tips to management in approaching hotel "zen" state:
-Business travelers may like a plug closer to or on top of the desks
-Shower curtain isn't keeping all water in - level out the curtain rod/ o to a curtain that will stay closed (magnets on the curtain are not helpful on a fiberglass tub surround)

Would definitely recommend this place to most anyone.

1 Thank Backpacker2004X
WecomaManager, Manager at Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review and excellent feedback, Backpacker2004. In the first few months of 2014, we are budgeted to put in new shower curtains as well as electric outlets on top of the desk in every room. Our "pet fee" has always been $15 per pet and comes with treats, pressed bones, cleanup bags, and information doggie activities in Lincoln City. We hope to see you and your dog back again soon!