“Great Staff and couldn't ask for a nicer place to stay”

Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
“Great Staff and couldn't ask for a nicer place to stay”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I moved to the Oregon coast from Kauai in late September. We made all of our reservations for the month we needed, before escrow closed, online. Our hotel in Hawaii was terrible, the first two places we stayed in Oregon and Washington were also below par but when we got to this inn, we didn't want to leave. It's extremely clean, lovely surroundings and I cannot stress how wonderful the entire staff was. They treated us like family and when we stayed there a second time because of an extension in our escrow, they even remembered our names and where we were from! I loved this place and rate it as the #1 place to stay for an affordable but upscale hotel on the Oregon Coast. Wonderful accomodations with the best hotel staff I've ever had the good fortune to meet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Greg D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked our church marriage retreat here over the first weekend of October. We had 10 couples staying here, and the staff were all very accommodating. Paul, the manager went out of his way to make sure that we had all that we need -- meeting space, early check-in, late check-out,and spacious rooms. Breakfast was delicious, plenty of variety. Pool facilities were great too. We'd definitely come back, and we're already hoping to plan the retreat next year!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank artoornstra
WecomaManager, Manager at Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much, Rob. It was a pleasure hosting you and your entire group.
Jacksonville, Oregon
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Booked a room here right before I left on my trip to the coast based on all the nice reviews. Couldn't believe how nice my room was. They put me in a quieter location which I asked for and appreciated. King bed with a fireplace and a partial ocean view. Loved the beach decor in the room and in the hotel. The room was very clean, very comfortable and cozy. The bed was very comfortable too and I got a really good nights sleep which is unusual for me in a hotel. All the front desk staff are very accommodating and make you feel at home as soon as you check in. Loved my stay here and will definitely be back when I am in the area again on vacation. Rick was especially helpful upon checkout when I asked for good directions to the local Drift Creek Falls. He took the time to write down directions since he was very familiar with the area I was talking about and was very nice about it. Thank you Rick! Long drive but worth it to see the waterfall.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor with a king bed and ocean view are quieter and very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 7737bears
Columbia Gorge
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just spent 2 nights at the inn. Very nice. Rick went out of his way to get us checked in early. We ordered the Rose Petal Special and the room was set up with rose petals, a nice rose, sparkling wine on ice, chocolate all ready for us. In addition, with the package you get unlimited DVDs (a couple hundred available) and late checkout. King size bed was very comfortable. the room was clean. cozy with the fireplace, couch, coffee table, and work table. (one chair only). balcony was nice..although the driving rain kept it off limits most times. Refridge, coffee maker, and microwave as advertised. Clean bathroom with nice countertop, plenty of hot water. Extra pillows and blankets available in the room. (Could use a few more hangers). Cleaning crew was very efficient, asking if there was anything we needed. Room was made up perfectly)
Breakfast was the same both mornings. Standard hot/cold cereal, toast, bagels, yogurt, oranges/apples, juice machine, Sara Lee muffin. coffee, tea, milk, (bring your own hot chocolate mix). Hot items: pancakes with syrup, fried potatoes (need a serving spoon...potatoes don't do well with tongs.) Also biscuits and Kraft sausage gravy. Also Sysco hard boiled eggs. The dining room is nice, with many tables, and an attendant constantly refilling items and bussing dirty dishes........We also used the pool (cooler, but comfortable) and good size spa (could fit 8 friends). There is also a sauna and an excercise room. There is one restroom/changing room available. Outside the pool house, a big gas grill is available for guests to use. The property is located on the north end of Lincoln City on the ocean side of 101..probably 6 or so blocks up the hill from the beach (Probably safe from the Big One). On a side note, the tsunami escape routes are not as well marked in Lincoln City as in other Oregon Coastal Towns. I guess the powers at be don't want the tourists to think about a 9.0 earthquake, a 75' tsunami, and being cut off from civilization for months--to several years. I recommend the Inn at Wecoma highly..you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: We had the King Size room with balcony on the 3rd floor. You have a distant ocean view..but you can...
Green Features: The Inn is an award winning Green property. Have a separate recycle bin in the guest rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WecomaManager, Manager at Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, NW Traveler. Rick and I were both very happy to see you mention him by name. He is a great employee who does everything he can to make guests happy. Rick is also extremely passionate about the coast, and loves hiking, canoeing, bird watching, and tide pooling. Thank you for mentioning the excellence of our housekeepers as well. They work so hard and always seek perfection. It's nice to see when their hard work is recognized.

I agree that Lincoln City could certainly make tsunami evacuation signage clearer. The Inn at Wecoma's back parking lot is actually an official evacuation gathering point for those fleeing the tsunami zone. So at the Inn at Wecoma, you can sleep soundly know that you are safely out of the tsunami zone.
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We spend the night at Inn at Wecoma last night. We had a delightful time. We were greeted by a friendly, professional reception clerk, Molly, who was very helpful. Our spacious room had a balcony. I appreciated that the slider to the balcony had a screen so we could leave the door open all night and hear the ocean. The beds were comfy and the two leather chairs in the room added to the comfort of our stay. The pool and spa were sparkling and are open from 8 AM to midnight. The breakfast was hot, fresh and delish (pancakes, eggs, biscuits & gravy, yogurt, cereal, hot and cold, fresh fruit, bagels, cream cheese, etc.!!) BUT the thing that impressed us the most is that this place is SPOTLESS. The rooms, hallways, lobby, breakfast room and pool were all extremely clean. You can tell the staff here all take great pride in their jobs. I would highly recommend this inn to all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Des Moines, Washington
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very nice room, with a great view. Having a fridge and a microwave was a nice bonus. Helpful staff, good breakfast. Ask to be on the ocean side. More than a couple of blocks from the beach but walking is good for you!

We had a situation with a guest smoking on their balcony and the smoke was coming into our room. Staff handled it right away.

Nice to have a hot breakfast with pancakes!

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room with a view.
Green Features: Like most hotels, asked if you wanted fresh towels or use the old ones.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed September 22, 2013

After reading fellow contributors reviews I had no hesitation in reserving a room here. I wasn't disappointed either. The room was nice and spacious, thoroughly clean and comfortable.

I was on a drive holiday and was choosing my route and accommodation each day. I'm glad I chose this Inn and would thoroughly recommend it. I look forward to my next trip to Oregon and Lincoln City.

I was surprised that the hot breakfast referred to home fries, there was no bacon or sausage to accompany them. Nevertheless, the breakfast was good and wholesome with plenty to choose from.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo