“Great place, great value”

Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We needed a place to stay and I wasn't in the mood to do any searching or review reading so I looked at their website quickly, found the right price on Expedia and booked it. We spent under $100 and enjoyed our stay immensely! This place is modern and clean. We had a balcony room, which isn't too exciting since it just basically overlooks the parking lot, but you can see the ocean in the distance. We were also happy to have a balcony room because we left the sliding glass door open at night and turned on the fans that they had waiting for us in our room (must not have air conditioning, but I didn't investigate to confirm.) Everything is new and very clean. The bed was also very comfortable.

My personal favorite was the fact that our room had a very deep bath tub. We had been on a road trip for 4 days and I am currently 6 months pregnant. So once I saw that the bath tub was sparkling clean and super deep, I went for a long soak! There is a pool and fitness area as well, but we never went to check it out.

This hotel also provides complimentary breakfast and it was the best breakfast out of the other 3 hotels we stayed at on this trip. They have a nice, clean, and large breakfast room and they have tons of stuff to try. They had pancakes, potatoes, biscuits and gravy along with cereals, bagels, muffins and yogurt. Coffee and juices also provided. They have regular plates or paper plates in case you want to take your breakfast back to your room. We will definitely be back and I would recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clmh6301
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We chose the Inn at Wecoma based on others' reviews and we were not disappointed. The rooms are spacious and clean and each person working there was very friendly and accommodating. Blake at the front desk made us feel welcome from the start. He was professional and knowledgeable about the area. He also gave us a room upgrade to a room that was a better fit for our needs. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We didn't actually get to stay here even though we had a reservation. Amenities says it's pet friendly but the catch is the pet has to be under 25 lbs. Our 2 dogs were around 40-45 lbs each. and very well trained. Nowhere on their amenities list does it say this. I know because I checked before making the reservation and after being turned away. They were helpful and called around to find us another hotel. Of the 2 places she called, one was $50.00 more a night, the other was the Motel 6 (which does not charge for pets). I might add that it was getting close to dark and we had been traveling most of the day. We were looking forward to getting to our hotel and relaxing. We drove around for a bit checking out the town, ran into some very rude locals and decided to go on to Newport. Lincoln City is the only town on the Oregon coast that I have ever met unfriendly people. (I have visited this coast several times over the last 10 years.) This town will not get our money this trip or any future trip.

Room Tip: Go to Newport--super friendly people
3  Thank Carolyn D
WecomaManager, Manager at Inn at Wecoma Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Carolyn,

I am deeply sorry the confusion, inconvenience and poor service you received during your time in Lincoln City. However, kindly note that our pet policy including our 25 lb weight limit is clearly stated on our Pet Policy page which is under the Amenities tab. Here is our link to our Pet Policy page http://www.innatwecoma.com/pet-policy.php. On another note, I find Lincoln City to be an incredibly welcoming and friendly city. I moved here myself in October 2012 and have been blown away by the kindness and beauty of the town. I sincerely hope you to decide to return and give us and Lincoln City a second chance.

Kind regards,
Paul

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently stayed here with my mom on a girl's trip to Oregon. We were very impressed with the cool décor and clean lines of the hotel. The room was huge and well appointed. There is no A/C (which I am sure is not normally an issue), but they do provide a fan for the room and the windows open. The breakfast is good and served in a nice room with a fireplace. They also have a washer and dryer for guest use that came in handy on our trip ($2/ wash, $2/ 45 min. dry). The hotel is a five block downhill walk to the beach. The staff was very friendly and efficient. We felt that the hotel offered great value at a great price - we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I believe that rooms on the west side of the third floor have a view of the ocean.
1  Thank Lavonne E
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Inn at Wecoma is a bit "plain," but otherwise wonderful. With a little work it could be a 4 star hotel. The room was large and the bathroom was way above average with plenty of room for my makeup bag and my husband's shaving bag. The fridge was larger than usual and the microwave worked fine. The front desk quickly picked up on my need for tea ra ther than coffee and got me some without being asked.The ice water in the lobby is a classy touch and the breakfast room had plenty of room and nice choices for those who prefer something other than sweet rolls. I also liked the huge Antique Mall across the street.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back probably have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed here for an extended period for a business trip. The rooms are very clean and the bathrooms are a good size. The rooms don't have air conditioning but I didn't seem to need it with the windows open and the fan in the room. The breakfast was a great value! Although I was here on business, this place would definitely be the way to go if you have a family also. There is an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, fitness center, BBQ grill for guests to use, and bikes to rent! They also have a coin operated washer and dryer (unfortunately, I had chores to do while staying there :( ) movie rentals, and a convenient gift shop for late night goodies. This is a wonderful hotel for anyone on a budget.

Since the trip was an extended period, it was nice to have a friendly staff. Molly at the front desk really made me feel welcome!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was on a family/leisure vacation and this hotel was such a pleasant stay. The hotel is modern, clean, smells great and the staff is so friendly and personable. I definitely recommend booking here if you are in Lincoln City. We were hoping for an ocean view, but for the price, this hotel exceeded our expectation. The breakfast was impressive and full of protein.

1  Thank aprchal