“Excellent value for reasonable cost!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Edgecliff Motel

The Edgecliff Motel
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Kaslo, Canada
“Excellent value for reasonable cost!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

I've been on the road since the 6th of Oct., 2009 driving down the west coast and on the return trip made arrangements with a motel I had stayed at in Lincoln City. When I arrived just before dark, I learned the room had been given away to extra guests in a wedding party. I drove around for awhile then decided to try Edgecliff. Although it was cold and windy, she showed me several types of rooms and he offered me a discount to 80$ plus tax. I found the room to be very clean, have a very warm ambiance and a cozy feel with an excellent view. It was one of the quietest rooms I stayed in the whole trip. I'm really surprised at the negative reviews as this was not my experience at all.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
salem
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

This was the worst stay ever , I brought my two kids ages 5 and 11/2 and my husband as a vacation for us all to get a way for awhile. It was spring break so it was slim pickings. So we get there and it was raining so my kids wanted to watch tv and it buzzed the whole entire time. My kids were board so the were runing around chasing eachother and the people below us so rudly banged on the ceiling. The walls are very thin so you can hear everything that goes on they were loud the whole night there is no numbers to call they to tell them about the problems. No list of things to do. And the beds are as hard as a rock. Its like staying at the econo lodge with an oceaan view. not worth the money. Take it from all of us who are giving you the truth DON"T STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

Just traveling from Neport, My finance, puppy and I found the Edgecliff motel to be the only motel at the time for my dog to stay. For $120, we got a broken fireplace, a missing toilet seat with a turd in it, 1970's furniture, and a hallway that had plywood on the floor. Most of all, it smelt like a rest home and mold!!!!!!!!!!

Then, we found a looking glass hotel and it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

This hotel sucks! Its old out dated and they didnt even have a coffee maker in the room. Terrible for the money. Their idea of continental breakfast consisted costco muffins and coffee. Booked through Expidia,h ad them fine a new hotel the next morning, for a difference of 8$ they found us a room at the Coho it was beautiful.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

Warning !!!!! If you book through expedia, not only will you not get the number of beds you request, they will put you in the oldest non remodeled rooms and will refuse to let you change rooms even if you offer to pay more. They will be out of rooms ! However, if you call anonymously they will have rooms available. When you confront them about it the rudest manager we have ever encountered will hang up on you. Not to mention, the fireplace(the only heat source) did not work and even though they said they would send someone up to fix it never worked. We left, after returning after dark and when we tried to turn on the light it did not work. When we called they told us they were closed and could not do anything till morning. We are out 88+ dollars and promptly left Lincoln City ! We arrived in Coosbay at 2:00 am and found a very reputable establishment !

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank PeteOregon
Priest River,Id.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

Absolutely nothing good about this hotel. We have lived on the Oregon coast and after moving away gone back to visit many times,this time for the holiday week-end. I was so disappointed about the room it almost ruined our stay. The guy at the check-in desk not only yelled at me on the phone while I was making the reservation he also yelled at me at the front desk when we arrived. I questioned our quoted price of 298.00 for 2 nights as that price did not correspond with the web-site listing for a 1 bdrm condo. Nothing got explained (he was yelling!) We got in our room through a dirty hallway and found 2 double beds. We also found a kitchen that was described to us as 'retro' , it was just a stove and frig left over from the 60's..crap... no cooking or serving dishes..We ate out.. The living area was filthy, nail clippings on the floor amongst other things. The fireplace did work this time but we were told it might not because it was windy that week-end. The coffee-pot was broke,did not work at all. No light on the range hood, no light bulb in the reading light in living room, the cold water faucet in the bathroom did not work at all,(nobody wants to know what the dried drips on the bathroom walls were) The bed we ended up trying to use was horrendous..The shower went from scalding to barely dripping out to nothing but me standing there wondering how I was going to rinse off because it had stopped altogether.. No maid service-we were told sorry but 'they must have missed you' ,ended up going to the desk and getting fresh "see-through" towels.No garbage removed.. PLEASE! Heed this review and others like it..We speak true!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sb02
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

I suprised my wife with a two night stay at the coast for Valentine's Day. I made my Edgecliff reservation with the manager. He took my credit card info to secure the reservation just like every other reservation I've made in over 20 years of traveling. We were going to arrive late so I called in the early afternoon to tell him we were going to arrive no matter what and I reminded him that he had my credit card info to guarantee the reservation. We arrived at 9:50 pm and he shrugged his shoulders and said he gave our room away. They had no other rooms and it was clear he could do nothing but offer excuses about how he had to look out for the interests of the owner.
We then spent an hour and a half looking for a room in Lincoln City, Neskowin and Pacific City. No available rooms because of Valentine's Day. So at midnight we drove back home.
Considering our experience and the others I see reported here why would anyone consider spending their hard earned money at the Edgecliff????!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple