“Great Dollar Value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Portland, Or
“Great Dollar Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

5 star value at 3.5 star pricing! Traveling during peak season on a limited budget paid off at the Edgecliff Motel. The desk service was friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and the view outstanding. There are various types of suites available, but ours had a gas fireplace with a balcony overlooking the beach/ocean. While not on the beach itself, the view from the room was great and getting to the beach is short walk down an access path behind the motel (this is steep and has stairs that must be used to reach beach). The room included microwave, refrigerator, and hairdryer; along with coffee and donuts in the morings! I'll be going back!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

Not our first trip to Lincoln city so we already had the sad experience of getting ripped off by the Inn at Spanish head, that featured a pull down bed and a so so view for five hundred smackers and billed as a romantic getaway with crumby service at the restaurant and all of the rest of the problems that occur when the motel feels they are more important than the guest. Our room had a super view, fire place lots of area in the room and a king bed that was super comfy. All I can say is it was supurb. Good as NY? no but really great for Lincoln City. Thanks Edgecliff for making our stay great.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Napa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

We were guided to our room by this disheveled man who actually turned to us and told us to hurry up! The room felt unpleasant and had a bad atmosphere to it!
It did have an ocean view but we were exposed on each side of the balcony so their was no privacy. The baseboards were covered with peeling carpet. Our towels would have served as face towels and were just as thin. Everything appeared worn and cheap.
The only redeeming factor was that with the door ajar we could hear the waves crashing.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Napa_Lady

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

pacific NW
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

Warning about deceptive and dishonest business practices - please consder staying somewhere else even if it costs a bit more (trust me it is worth it)
Have been going to the coast for 30 years. Stayed a lot of places. Never at edgecliff (although had been to ester lee many times and my grandma used to live down the hill from them). We wanted to stay in Lincoln City an extra day, so booked a 2 bedroom condo for 1 night. Got there, the room was unclean, smelly, uncomfortable, and in disrepair (I would not trust any of the linens or dishes in that place either) so we asked if they had a different room...they offered a 1 bedroom (for 3 separate adults and one dog) upstairs, which was not suitable for several reasons, including inadequate sleeping areas, and so we told them we were going to just leave. They then proceeded to rudely tell us that they were keeping a $50 cancellation fee, even though we had just arrived, and repeatedly accused my mother of lying when she said that she was never told about this fee (if you met her you would know she tells the truth). Note, this fee is not listed on the website either. While I went out to the car, they hastily posted something on the wall stating their policy. When I told them the room was unacceptable and smelly, the manager just smirked at me. When I asked the name of the owner he refused to tell me.
This was the worst experience I have ever had at the coast, or in any of my travels. The dishonesty and rudeness we were treated with was very upsetting.
We already have complained to the Chamber of Commerce, and will be filing complaints with BBB and disputing the $50 charge. I told them I would be doing all of this, and they just smirked (well the girl at the desk said "I'm going out to smoke" and walked away). Motel 6 would be better than this place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank travelerpacificnw
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

I actually read the reviews before booking. After reading reviews about the ocean view, reasonable price, and good customer service, I decided to stay here and was glad that I did. Of course I read a couple negative reviews but I figured that there are always going to be picky people who will never be satisfied. I had a wonderful experience!!! For those who wrote less that perfect reviews... i just want to say WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!! I read some comments about old rooms. In my case, not true at all. There are plenty of brand new jacuzzi suite rooms to chose from. Just request a brand new room. The building that I stayed in looked like it was just newly built. My ROOM WAS IMMACULATE!!! IT WAS SUPER CLEAN AND LOOKED BRAND SPANKIN NEW!! Not all rooms are going to have the best ocean view. Some rooms have a better view than others but if an immaculate ocean view is important to you then just mention it when you book your room. There are many rooms that have an awesome view. I personally had a incredible stay. Give it a try and judge it for yourself. Trust me you will be glad you did.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank AntonioLosAngeles_CA
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Edgecliff Motel. Great location and views! Our room was very clean and the service was good. I can't wait until we can go back!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ocala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

We visited the coast for the first time and had the most wonderful time. This motel was newly remodeled, great ocean view and access, and a lovely and charming room. We spent hours on the balcony relaxing and enjoying the view. I highly recommend this motel to everyone.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple