“A Nice Little Getaway”

Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Pasadena, CA
“A Nice Little Getaway”
Reviewed March 3, 2009

On my way up north and was referred to this place by a friend who had only positive things to say. When i arrived it looked like a quite and welcoming place and was even more pleasantly suprised by the service that i recieved once i was inside. The staff was so friendly and they were even able to get me a room as a walk- in. I was able to get a room that had an ocean view which was amazing. I needed that time to relax and sort of meditate and it was perfect. Just what i needed after a hectic holiday season! Long story short i recomend this place to any and everyone trying to just relax and get away from it all. With there great accomidations, beatifull views, and warm customer service this place is definitely worth going to or going back to!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Florida
Reviewed November 21, 2008

Great little hotel that was recently renovated...unbelievable ocean views...very friendly staff. I will definitely stay here again on my visit to the Oregon Coast and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank OceanboyFL
Idaho
Reviewed November 21, 2008

This place is a GEM! Very reasonable prices, incredible views. I don't know what the negative reviewers are talking about!!!! We had an excellent stay and the staff was very warm and friendly and accommodating! Will be back in the spring.

Stayed October 2008
2 Thank LuvOregonCoast
Mt hood, or
Reviewed August 18, 2008

My new husband and I wanted a nice quick romantic getaway. We've only been married for 5 months so we thought we would take a nice trip to the coast. So I booked a weekend through travelocitys website. There was only a few places available edgecliff rooms looked the best. Boy were we in for a rude awakening. We checked in at 2 they couldnt find our reservation. Finally they found it then told us our room was not going to be ready for another couple of hours. Oddly enought there was only 3 cars in the whole place. We came back 2 hours later and went to our room. I booked a ocean view. We didnt have ocean view tho, we had a view of trees. Not happy we went back to the desk. They told us they over booked so that was our rooom I told them I wanted a ocean front room like I booked they would not give us one. Very very rude customer service hard to understand too finally they gave us are room. It was horrible i could not see the ocean through the window. Are tv was so tiny the olympians looked like bugs. We had no door on our bathroom. The walls were very very filthy. Carpet was very stained. We had no nothing a bed small tv and thats all. Travelocity said there was dvd players no dvd in my room. Also they dont have a ice machine. What place does not have a ice machine? Would never ever stay again. Dont book this place even if its your last resort. We were so disguisted we stayed at the casino for 8 hours.

• Liked — I honestly could not pick 1 good thing about this motel if it was a choice between life and death
  • Disliked — Nothing was good!!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Oregon
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We booked room in March '08 and confirmed a week prior and all was a go. Got there and they had crossed our name off the list. Luckily, they still had rooms. Pillows smelled like urine and there were smokers next door in a non-smoking room. No coffee maker, towels were super thin and they gave (2). The paint on the lamps was flaking off and the bedspreads were old and old fashioned. They have replaced the carpeting but left the old carpeting around the wallboard. Weird! The ladies at the desk ignored us for at least five minutes when we walked in and then were rude. I think there are better places to stay. This place was not cheap either. The only thing it maybe has going for it is the ocean view. Sorry, we weren't impressed.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — No Coffeemaker and furnishings were old and needing updating
  • Stayed July 2008
oregon
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Caution.....Any amount of money spent on this place is to much. It was filthy, linens had blood stains, I purchased windex to clean the windows myself so I could enjoy what view we had. What appeared to be vomit, crusted to carpet behind the bed. No towels, no blankets for the pull out bed, apon pulling it out, old french fries shot out at me. Management clearly inconvienced by my concerns prompted me to clean the bathroom myself, retrieve clean bed linens, and make the beds myself, so my children could go to sleep. There was a man who appeared highly intoxicated, sleeping by our door, we were afraid to go outside. I left this place with a deep desire to bathe as soon as possible, it was that nasty. There was absolutely no hotel availability in town, or we would have ran for our lives!

• Liked — nothing about this motel deserves a positive comment
  • Disliked — unclean, and very rude management
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank wallawallaOregon
Oregon
Reviewed April 29, 2008

HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT! We accidently used the wrong credit card to book the room when we checked-in and asked that they cancel the transaction and redo it with the correct credit card. This is a simple request and procedure; it's not rocket science.

The desk clerk was snotty about it and called the owner (who lives there) and he was absolutely rude and obstructive, flatly refusing to help us.

We wound up staying there because it was convenient at the moment and we've enjoyed it in the past. The place has REALLY gone downhill since this new owner took possession of it, though...about three or four years now, I think. The old owners were laid-back and friendly; this guy's a JERK!

About two years ago we stayed there and there was a litter of kittens all over the place with Mama Cat riding herd on them. We had a room near their deck/hot tub area and the kittens had a nest somewhere under the deck. It was very distressing to see these little guys just everywhere on the deck underfoot around so many people and struggling to climb up from under the deck. I asked the desk clerk (different guy) about what they were going to do with them and he tried to pawn one off on me on the spot...these little guys weren't weaned yet!!

This place has good views of the ocean but if you want to sit down on the tiny balconies, you'll be doing it in cheap, wobbly, molded plastic chairs and looking mostly at wooden railings that haven't been painted in years...chipped paint, seagull poop and the railings are rickety. Overall the place is tatty around the edges. Scuffed furniture, and towels, sheets, and bedding that never get near fabric softener. Our room had a small, modern microwave and refrigerator but no coffeemaker. I had to call the desk to tell them that the hairdryer wasn't in its wallmount and to remember that so they wouldn't think WE'D stolen it.

Basically the owner's taking advantage of tourists who love the Coast and want a room with a view and are willing to settle for a third-rate room. We paid over $100 with tax to stay on a Sunday night in April. If we hadn't been so tired, we would have told the owner to shove it and gone somewhere else. $100-plus and the shampoo was in tacky little plastic packets and the mini soap bars were hard with an industrial feel to them. I picked one up and the wrapper was actually rather greasy, which made me wonder about the level of cleanliness of the housekeeping staff!

Frankly, try the Ester Lee right next door or The Inn at Spanish Head just down the street (that one's supposedly one of the ritziest hotels on the Oregon Coast; a bona-fide hotel, not just a motel). I've heard nothing but good things about the Ester Lee for years. There are DOZENS of places to stay in Lincoln City that have ocean views. AVOID THE EDGECLIFF MOTEL!!

• Liked — The view of the ocean
  • Disliked — The RUDE AND SNOTTY owner and desk clerk!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple