We travel quite a bit and this was ABSOLUTELY THE WORSE EXPERIENCE we’ve ever had at a motel! Normally, I wouldn’t do a bad review on a motel since the last thing I would want to do is relive this nightmare but I feel like I need to warn others.
When we arrived at the motel I was using a cane because I had injured my knee. The clerk told us that the room we reserved had a small flight of stairs so she wanted to put us in a different room. WE DID NOT ASK TO BE MOVED. She said she would put us in a comparable room for the same price. This was not close to being comparable and certainly should not be the same price.
The room we reserved had a Whirlpool tub – This room had a 2x2 foot shower stall. You had to stand directly under the shower head to get the small stream that was coming out. Also, we were furnished with just two towels.
The room we reserved had a fireplace – This room had no fireplace.
The room we reserved had a flat screen TV – The TV was a joke- something from the 90’s and there was no remote control. The TV was sitting on a table that was so low you couldn’t have seen it from the bed even if you wanted to.
The room we reserved had a “furnished” balcony with a partial view. The view was okay but the “furnished” part must have been the one and only plastic chair. So we couldn’t even sit on the balcony together to enjoy the view.
The bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever slept (or tried to sleep) on. There was only one night stand on one side of the bed so I had to pull a chair up to the side of the bed in order to put my things on it. Even though there was a plug on one side of the bed the covering for the wall socket was on the floor.
The breakfast was a joke – consisting of Costco Muffins, yogurt, and ROTTEN bananas.
Even with all this, the worse part was the treatment we received from someone named "Mark" (don’t know if he’s the manager) but he certainly shouldn’t be in the hospitality business.
The next morning we went to the office (which didn’t open until 8 a.m.) and told them we would like to get the room that we booked. She said it was available and started working on the computer to switch it. She called Mark over to ask him what code she needed to use at which point he blew up at her. He said we were unreasonable people and he absolutely wouldn’t let her do it. I said we just wanted the room that we reserved. He ignored us and continued yelling at the clerk and slamming things around. He was rude beyond anything I have seen. The clerk said she couldn’t change it because he would fire her over it. She told us he doesn’t give discounts so we were just out of luck. Since it was the 4th of July we didn’t know if we could find another motel so we stayed the night.
We feel that we were scammed by this motel and did not get the room we reserved. We go to Lincoln City on a regular basis, but we will never go back to this motel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edgecliff Motel is located in the South end of Lincoln City on the Beautiful Central Oregon Coast. We are approximately one mile south of the 63 store Tanger Outlet Mall. Our refurbished 54 unit property sits on a bluff that overlooks the Majestic Pacific Ocean. WE LOVE DOGS and are also perfect for that romantic getaway or family reunion. We have an assortment of smoke-free rooms to choose from including in-room jacuzzis, whirlpool tubs, kitchen units and balconies or patios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Edgecliff Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Edgecliff Hotel Lincoln City
- Edgecliff Motel Lincoln City
- Edgecliff Hotel Lincoln City