If you are looking for an affordable, yet quality place to enjoy the seaside in Lincoln City, keep on driving past the congested, touristy heart of town to the southern outskirts where a couple of quaint motels sit perched on the cliff overlooking a lovely and spacious beach.
The office staff are extremely welcoming and friendly and apt to give you special deals during the off-season.
My tidy little one-person, upper-level room couldn't have been cozier with a gas fireplace and a view of the ocean. The windows could open to let in the fresh sea breeze and the sound of waves pounding on the shore below. Just down the steps from the room was a common deck and picnic table where people could enjoy the ocean view and a picnic...or simply relax with a good book.
This motel has a brief downhill walk to the beachfront, so you never have to get in your car to enjoy the ocean.
My only criticism of the room is that it was not well insulated and I could feel air streaming in through the bottom of the door. (But the fireplace took care of that)
As a writer, The Edgecliff was the perfect weekend getaway. I will most definitely return to this best-kept secret that you miss if you stop too soon in the middle of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Edgecliff Motel is located in the South end of Lincoln City on the Beautiful Central Oregon Coast. We are approximately one mile south of the 63 store Tanger Outlet Mall. Our refurbished 54 unit property sits on a bluff that overlooks the Majestic Pacific Ocean. WE LOVE DOGS and are also perfect for that romantic getaway or family reunion. We have an assortment of smoke-free rooms to choose from including in-room jacuzzis, whirlpool tubs, kitchen units and balconies or patios. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Edgecliff Hotel Lincoln City
- Edgecliff Motel Lincoln City
- Edgecliff Hotel Lincoln City