“Things that were wrong” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
West Linn, Or
“Things that were wrong”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This started bad and got worse. This was our anniversary trip and it appeared it could be romantic for just the two of us. What was expected and what really was was a big dissappointment. This looked ideal and what appeared to be fair price, but could have done better at that price id everything was as it appearedfrom pictures and wriiten discription. Picture shown had a great view and in fact was a partial. No tables in room. Fireplace was gas and it had said fireplace not gas fireplace. To call the desk it was waste of time. Was told to note complaints on trip advisor, by desk ckerk. Onlu climate control was room had heat. Fortunately we did not need air condioning. Furnished deck consisted of two plastic rersin type chairs. Screen door was broken and if their had been and mosquitos they would have come in easily. Bed had only two pillows ad no answer from desk when I tried calling for more. Spent day exploring coast and upon return at approximately 8pm found the room service had not come in. Was told to late and we needed to hang tag on door. Why were we not told this the night before when we checked in and why could we not get more towels because of the time? Also our neighbors were not quiet, but had a party. Desk did not answer phone.
Rust outside and inside door and mold around inside of the door. Drain around sink broken. When I took shower it was luke warm and since no room clean I had to use same towels. I would like to say this was pleasant experience, but that would be a lie. This was not pleasant and in the top three of motels of poor motels we have stayed in in last 17 years, but we paid twice and much for this one room as we paid for either of the top two which were in my opinion equally as poor.

Room Tip: I can not recommend this motel and feel right about doing so.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank xeyedahospud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Forest Grove, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

i reseved a room for myself,my dog,my son,and his girlfriend.we arrived about 8 pm.we were shown to our room and we were a lil bumbed they had only two chairs in the living area.there was three of us.later that evening my son decided to shower and the water was cold because the faucet was broke and you could just turn and turn the handle,no change in temp.ok,so we got up the following morning and the kids went for a walk on the beach while i made breakfast.so the one and only fry pan no stick bottom was coming off onto my sausage.i had black plastic/rubber all over it.needless to say we couldnt eat that.wanna watch tv?dont use the tv guide that is in the room,they dont have those channels:/ oh yes and one more thing....they left a sponge in the kitchen by sink for guests to use.it was black and slimy.dout i will stay there again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle H

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

West Linn, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Iwas able to check in early by a couple of houre which was nice .the employees were helpful when I had questions,Great view nice room with fireplace and most of all nice and quiet.Short walk down to the beach.Ireally enjoyed it

Room Tip: room 116 was a good room for view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was blown away by my costal motel room. My view was amazing. The price was excellent, the staff was very friendly.

I do, however, feel as though there were a few missIng amenities, even for the value.

No costal room in the pacific northwest should be without a coffee maker in the room. I'm an early riser and intended to spend my early morning on the beach, but in order for me to do that, I had to get in my car and drive to a local coffee shop to get some coffee and breakfast because the office didn't open til 8. The "continental breakfast" I could have done without, given its minimal offerings... But not coffee.

The hotel room was a tad outdated, but fine for its price point.

The room was clean, and there was a balcony to enjoy my incredible view... I even had my own pet seagul for a time. :-)

• Stayed September 2012
Kimberly, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days.The first day we got there the room was clean and was cleaned the first two days after that it went down hill.One day we found the door unlocked and the towels were just thrown on the counter and the bathroom floor was not swept,the next day after we got back in the afternoon the room had not even been cleaned we called and they said the maids had gone home,the person checking people in brought us some clean towels but no attempt was made to clean the room.
The only thing I have good to say is that the view was beautiful,but didn't make up for the poor service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Norma R
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Yes, this motel is in the classic Oregon coast motel mindset that the view and the beach are what matters, but even with some tired decor and furnishings we had a wonderful stay with a beautiful view and would recommend it to friends and family. We've stayed here twice, their rates are tough to beat for taking dogs and different room options. We stayed in room 141, which was a great set up for having our 1 year old along with us. We brought a portable crib which easily fit in the spare room, while we slept out in the studio area with the view and tv. The room had a great view and a baby safe deck. The place doesn't have many amenities, but everything is perfectly comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Richland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The Edgecliff Motel provided us with a wonderful weekend stay. Our room had an incredible view that I am still raving about. It was priced for exactly what is was. If you are looking to stay at a fancy hotel look somewhere else. If you are searching for a beautiful, affordable and sweet ocean Motel that is centraly located in Lincoln City then this is the place for you! I loved my visit perfect for a romantic weekend hide-away! Continential breakfast was lacking but at prices this low you could go anywhere in town to eat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple