“Excellent price for location!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Edgecliff Motel

The Edgecliff Motel
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
“Excellent price for location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was blown away by my costal motel room. My view was amazing. The price was excellent, the staff was very friendly.

I do, however, feel as though there were a few missIng amenities, even for the value.

No costal room in the pacific northwest should be without a coffee maker in the room. I'm an early riser and intended to spend my early morning on the beach, but in order for me to do that, I had to get in my car and drive to a local coffee shop to get some coffee and breakfast because the office didn't open til 8. The "continental breakfast" I could have done without, given its minimal offerings... But not coffee.

The hotel room was a tad outdated, but fine for its price point.

The room was clean, and there was a balcony to enjoy my incredible view... I even had my own pet seagul for a time. :-)

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Kimberly, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days.The first day we got there the room was clean and was cleaned the first two days after that it went down hill.One day we found the door unlocked and the towels were just thrown on the counter and the bathroom floor was not swept,the next day after we got back in the afternoon the room had not even been cleaned we called and they said the maids had gone home,the person checking people in brought us some clean towels but no attempt was made to clean the room.
The only thing I have good to say is that the view was beautiful,but didn't make up for the poor service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Norma R

Travelers are raving about these Lincoln City hotels

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Yes, this motel is in the classic Oregon coast motel mindset that the view and the beach are what matters, but even with some tired decor and furnishings we had a wonderful stay with a beautiful view and would recommend it to friends and family. We've stayed here twice, their rates are tough to beat for taking dogs and different room options. We stayed in room 141, which was a great set up for having our 1 year old along with us. We brought a portable crib which easily fit in the spare room, while we slept out in the studio area with the view and tv. The room had a great view and a baby safe deck. The place doesn't have many amenities, but everything is perfectly comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Richland, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

The Edgecliff Motel provided us with a wonderful weekend stay. Our room had an incredible view that I am still raving about. It was priced for exactly what is was. If you are looking to stay at a fancy hotel look somewhere else. If you are searching for a beautiful, affordable and sweet ocean Motel that is centraly located in Lincoln City then this is the place for you! I loved my visit perfect for a romantic weekend hide-away! Continential breakfast was lacking but at prices this low you could go anywhere in town to eat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tricia L
Albany, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

the room was not clean. there were not enough towels and linens . we had to go to the office to get a blow dryer. we could not connect wifi. the tv guide did not match the service available. the path to the beach had washed out and i did not want to risk a broken leg. the shower's supply of hot water was sketchy. this is an old motel loved the turquoise appliances. the view of the ocean was blocked by trees and shrubs. the upstairs guests were very evident as we could hear their movements and conversations. the crying baby was especially disconcerting.

Room Tip: dont stay on the first floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marianne M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Killer sunsets, gotta do your best to get a room on the top floor. Staff are great, super friendly and make things easy. Access to the beach is perfect. A short hike down giving you time to remember that you're fortunate to be where you are so enjoy yourself.

• Stayed July 2012
Tigard, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

My review of this bad motel starts a year ago when we chose it for our honeymoon. During our stay, the tv didn't work 3 of the 4 days we were there, the supposed Wi-Fi was the poorest connection possible and the "continental breakfast" is a complete joke. Costco muffins cut in pieces and coffee is their idea of breakfast I guess. Anyway, fast forward to our last day there, we said we paid for a room with certain amenities that did not work so they apologized and gave us a 20% off coupon for our next stay. Fast forward to this year our one year anniversary. We wanted to relive our honeymoon so we decided to try it again.

They absolutely REFUSED to honor our coupon because the employee who gave it to us didn't work there anymore. REALLY??!! This time there was no dvd player or coffee pot. We asked for those things to be brought to us since they are SUPPOSED to be included. The guy at the front desk said "what do you want me to do about it?" Uhhh, get them to our room? I can't believe he even said that. He said well we don't have any dvd players available. Ok...so my thought would be go to an empty room and grab one...yeah didn't happen. My husband kept waiting for at least a coffee pot so we could at least have a cup this morning. The guy left the front desk and after ten minutes plus, my husband got tired of waiting and came back to the room. Never got the coffee pot either. The bathroom only had one washcloth in there for two people. (which had a hole in it) and the wall above the shower enclosure was literally coming apart. The room had flies in it as well. I think the only thing that worked right was the mini fridge. The Wi-Fi still has no connection and last year they blamed it on a seagull hitting something and damaging it..hmmm.

If you are just looking for a place to sleep and take a shower, go for it. I know personally I will NEVER go back. I have found the same or lower priced places in the area that have a LOT more to offer.

Room Tip: All rooms have a nice view of the ocean but that's about it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple