“When my wife's response to her scallops being delivered is "my plate arrived with a funk," you know it's not going to...”
Review of The Bay House

The Bay House
Ranked #1 of 108 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Southwest Jetty
Description: Since 1978, The Bay House has endeavored to be the best restaurant possible, providing first-class service and creative, fresh, honest food and drink in a gorgeous coastal setting. Recently designated as one of only two AAA 4-Diamond Award restaurants in Oregon, the focus remains on world-class hospitality.
Reviewed May 29, 2010

When my wife's response to her scallops being delivered is "my plate arrived with a funk," you know it's not going to be good. It wasn't. Surprisingly bland salad as well as pork (but at least neither had a funk). The place does have a great view and their unadvertised happy hour special of two for one helped, but did not diminish the severely lacking flavor on what appeared to be a nice menu.

3  Thank KyleDPDX
There are newer reviews for The Bay House

Reviewed May 27, 2010

Had dinner here with family, and really appreciated the kind gestures to my daughter and pleasant wait staff. The spinach salad with manchego, candied walnuts and fresh strawberries was very good. The fresh salmon was perfectly flavored. The major disappointment was the grilled swordfish - extraordinarily bland despite the pineapple salsa, and way undercooked. As others have noticed, the service runs on the slow side as well. Overall, probably not worth the very high price.

Reviewed May 15, 2010

I had an amazing meal at The Bay House last night with my best friend and her fiance. As soon as we walked in, we received the warmest welcome and were seated at an amazing table overlooking the bay. The staff is extremely warm, knowledgeable and best of all, very genuine. I felt that they sincerely want you to enjoy your experience there with them, their Bay House family.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I notice every detail. For example the butter for the bread was exquisite, creamy and the perfect temperature and easily spreadable. This attention to detail portrays over the whole experience.
We were there for almost 3 hours and had the utmost culinary experience. We didn't even notice the time flying by! I had the ahi appetizer, spinach salad, chinook salmon and we shared 4 different desserts. All of the food was cooked/prepared and seasoned perfectly. My friend does not like seafood and they bent over backwards to create an entree for her (that was not even on the menu) that she absolutely loved. I love how they understand the importance of starting with only the best quality ingredients and let the food speak for itself.
Overall, the best culinary experience I have ever had in a restaurant! Executive chef, Sean McCart is doing an amazing job!

Reviewed April 10, 2010

My husband and I had dinner here the other night. Everything from the appetizers (oysters and crab cakes), to dinner (halibut) and desert (homemade blackberry and strawberry sorbet) was excellent. It was probably the best halibut we've ever had. All of the staff was very friendly and our food was wonderful. This is our second time to this restaurant and we will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 28, 2010

We had a gift certificate given to us for x-mas. We had great flights of
french wine to taste and the small plates in the bar were very good. Don't be in a hurry, because the food takes a while coming out of the kitchen.
I would add this restaurant to the list of my favorites on the coast , like the" Yachats River House" in Yachats and the "saffron salmon" in Newport.