“Wonderful experience”
Review of The Bay House

The Bay House
Ranked #1 of 109 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Southwest Jetty
Description: Since 1978, The Bay House has endeavored to be the best restaurant possible, providing first-class service and creative, fresh, honest food and drink in a gorgeous coastal setting. Recently designated as one of only two AAA 4-Diamond Award restaurants in Oregon, the focus remains on world-class hospitality.
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Wife and I dropped in for dinner tonight. Seated at great table with view of bay and sunset. Our waiter, Max, was attentive and knowledgable. I had the crab cakes special, which was cooked perfect and crab, not filler. Wife had the salmon, also cooked perfectly. Both came with a corn potato pepper side that was also great. Table had both candle and fresh rose. The wine list is an amazing 53 pages! Desert was flavorful rose tangerine sorbet. Perfect romantic dinner.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Made reservations for my daughter and me on our all-out mother-daughter school shopping trip weekend out-of-town. Waiter pulls out your chair and lays a linen napkin in your lap. A fresh, long-stemmed single red rose sits in a vase on the table. Wine list is a 1 inch thick binder - 50 pages! Menu is made fresh daily, ala carte, and sourced locally. We each had the chef's bite-sized samplers, with smoked salmon, gruyere' cheese, and something that tasted like chicken - it was delicious, whatever it was! Then roasted corn chowder with smoked salmon. We each had a salad - daughter, a mixed beet salad with arugula, pumpkin seeds, goat cheese and apple-honey vinaigrette; mine a mesclun salad, with mesclun greens, Gorganzola, hazelnuts, Fuji apple and raspberry vinaigrette. That was the first HOUR.

For the main entree', my daughter had a vegetarian pasta with parmesan, roasted red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and hazelnuts and I had Moscovy duck breast (which was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth!) with brown rice, parsnip puree and blackberry-orange marmalade. Then we split a death-by-chocolate cake. I had a half bottle of old vine zinfandel, and the waiter brought my daughter what tasted like the best pomegranate martini I've ever had, minus the vodka! Sugar rimmed glass, the whole 9 yards!

The view of the bay was unbeatable, and we were there until past sunset (which can't be beat on a sunny day on the Oregon coast!). The dinner took over 2 hours and we were not at all rushed. The staff, from the maitre d' to the bus-girl, were knowledgeable, intelligent and well-spoken. There was no dress code, but I wouldn't have been surprised if there were! We both wore dresses, because this was a "fancy" night out!

This was the type of dinner I would expect to see on Iron Chef or Chopped (my 2 favorite cooking shows!). Presentation and taste were exquisite! Total cost - $125 for the 2 of us, and worth EVERY penny.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

It has been about 20 years since we have eaten at this wonderful restaurant on the central Oregon Coast. It has been recently completely renovated and it is a very nice place to visit for any dinner or special occasion. Our special visit was for my wife's birthday. After a tasty pre-dinner cocktail we ordered their filet steak menu item. We also ordered their beet salad and it as wonderful...very tasty and beautifully presented. During our cocktail period, they presented us with a special appetizer which was a very nice touch.
From the very beginning, the staff were very courteous and presented themselves like you expect in a 5 star restaurant. (To me, this IS a 5-star location) They were attentive to every detail, but we never felt intruded upon. They are masters at knowing when they can assist and when to acknowledge your privacy. We had a wonderful bay view table and watched the sun go down while we were there.
Don't expect to get out of there without a two hundred dollar bill if you have a cocktail and a bottle of their fine wine and order a full dinner. BUT, it is worth every penny to visit this lovely coastal restaurant.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

It is enjoyable to go to a restaurant that cares about your experience, exceptional service and exquisite food. This is one of our favorite places to go and get spoiled.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

What's not to like ? The food was absolutely delicious, the presentation of the dishes very pretty and they had an outstanding wine selection. The table decoration was very nice (fresh rose, candle) and the view on the water wonderful with a terrific sunset. And the staff could not have been friendlier. This restaurant made our night !