“Yum”
Review of The Bay House

The Bay House
Ranked #1 of 108 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Southwest Jetty
Description: Since 1978, The Bay House has endeavored to be the best restaurant possible, providing first-class service and creative, fresh, honest food and drink in a gorgeous coastal setting. Recently designated as one of only two AAA 4-Diamond Award restaurants in Oregon, the focus remains on world-class hospitality.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Staff and host, Steve, were very friendly and professional. Our meals was great and the small plates in the lounge before were yummy. We enjoyed a beautiful Pinot that was recommended by the waiter.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

It was so nice to be greeted and treated so well. All though we did not have reservations, we were able to dine in the lounge. We are pretty old school and this restrauraunt took me back to a time when you are treated well, food was not rushed, and the service was as close to perfect as one could expect. The meal was amazing as was the wine. Menu truly relates to the artistery of the chef, this is not a place to get typical fair. You should come prepared to try the new and enjoy the event. I thank the host, the chef and our wait staff for making my weekend. I will share with all of my friends. Only recommendation....the water boy....darling...but he should just fill the glass and not ask everyone at every table if they want more water...again and again and again. But he was cute.

Stephen W, Owner at The Bay House, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Hello, Lloydclan.

Thank you very much! Your kind words regarding your recent visit mean a lot to us. The few tables we do have can book quickly, so I'm especially delighted that you enjoyed yourselves so much in the lounge. Like you, I prefer a trip to a restaurant to be a relaxing, enjoyable experience, with attentive, well-paced service delivered by genuinely friendly professionals.

Regarding the busman on duty that evening, yes, it took a bit before I realized that water service protocol wasn't being followed, but I can assure you that he's got it down now. In his defense, it was only his second day on his first job ever, but we were all 14 once, too. I'm sure he's basking in the glory of the international attention, not to mention the possibility of becoming an internet sensation!

Thank you again for joining us. I hope to welcome you back to The Bay House sometime soon!

Cheers!

Steve Wilson
Proprietor

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I'm a professional chef of 10 years and am in love with the Bay House. It is a high caliber dining experience and, for anyone that knows, that means that you are going to want to make a reservation, it can and will be busy, and you're going to pay a bit more. In exchange you get the highest quality service from an extremely well-trained staff. This is not somewhere that a coed picks up shifts at occasionally for beer money, the waitstaff are true career professionals and make the industry proud. The menu is innovative and thorough and the food is precise, composed and professional. I love their portion sizes and creativity. Of course the wine is a hot topic, but being pregnant each time i was there, i appreciated the bar tenders willingness to make me something non alcoholic that didn't make me feel left out. You can't find a dining experience to match this in Lincoln City. We live an hour and a half away and I don't even blink at all the restaurants we pass by on our way there, Bay House is worth it.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I took my bride of 42 years to the Coast for a weekend getaway and decided to go to the Bay House for a casual, early dinner in the lounge. We arrived about 10 minutes after their 5 p.m. opening and were surprised to see a nearly full parking lot and a lounge already full and bustling with happy customers. Although the place was crowded, owner Steve Wilson quickly found a comfy spot for us to enjoy our food and drink. Throughout the evening, we saw him helping out wherever there was a need -- he obviously is intent on making the Bay House a great experience for all his guests!
We opted for our usual libations -- Jameson's on the rocks and Tanqueray and tonic -- and took a few minutes to decide from a menu of tempting choices. A dish of kalamata and Nicoise olives ($4) turned out to be quite a bit more than a small handful to nosh on. We could have practically made a meal from the generous helping placed before us.
We also filled up on pasta (tagliatelle??) with a simple butter and olive oil finish, generously garnished with smoked salmon ($12) and Wagyu beef sliders ($14) -- 3 good-sized beef patties on homemade buns, topped with blue cheese and caramelized onions, with a dish of truffled homemade potato chips. Everything was absolutely scrumptious and totally satisfying. We love the Bay House desserts, but there was no way we could manage another morsel.
It would be hard to find a comparable quality meal for two anywhere at a similar price ($50, including drinks and tip). Bay House, you came through again!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Historic building, nice quality food but we didn't have access to the full menu in the bar as we did not have reservations. Great view and decor.