“Seafood lunch at 4, not that easy actually”
Review of Blackfish Cafe

Blackfish Cafe
Ranked #3 of 108 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Wanting a last taste of the ocean before heading back to chores and real life, we hunted the lanes of Lincoln City to seek that last oyster shooter, (strip malls need not apply). Disappointment after "closed to get ready for dinner" turned our starving minds into thoughts of vigilante clamming when we stumbled into Blackfish, though no view, (on Hwy 101 not the beach) we settled in only to enjoy a repast of fresh oysters ( quality but the opener needs more practice), chowder ( pretty darn good) and steamers ( a bit salty) Food was prompt as was the service.

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Rock solid, excellent, delicious, yummy, amazingly consistent, gorgeously plated, generous portions, friendly, warm surrounds, tasteful art - this place is an awesome experience every time. The menu is deep and diverse. The specials are awesome. The signature salmon and the chioppino are each amazing. The owners of this place obviously love what they do.

Can't wait to go back.

Larry

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Been coming to this restaurant for 11 summers. It has consistently great food, the freshest seafood, and gourmet preparation in every dish. I recommend it to everyone, and always bring my family there when they visit.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was in search of a good clam chowder in Lincoln City. (The best I had was in New England and I based my review on that). I have had 4 different chowders from 4 different restaurants including the famous Mo's and Blackfish has the best. The others tasted more like potato than clam chowder.

Lunch. I had the Clams with Linguine and it was excellent all cooked with local ingredients including local riesling for its sauce. The fish tacos were very good according to my husband.

For those with kids - take note that nothing in that menu comes out of a box. (I have a kid who is picky). For example, their mac 'n' cheese is pasta noodles with Tillamook cheese which is delicious.

Dinner was a different menu and I agree with another reviewer - the Cioppino was excellent! It was a huge portion and it was more a dinner for 2. My seared scallops were done to perfection. My kid did not like her pizza sticks because they did not taste like "delivery".

As for the not-so-friendly service - it is somewhat true. It's more hit or miss. Our waitress was very nice and we had our dinner in a timely manner so no complains there.

In a nutshell, if you crave clam chowder, if you want a delicious sit down dinner without the usual fried seafood, go to Blackfish. I recommend it. Oh - it is important you make a reservation.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We came to this restaurant largely from the weight of reviews here on this website. Agree with another reviewer that hostess at front was noticeably unfriendly. Half-shell oysters not properly shucked and either still attached or dry or both. Wines by the glass very poor examples of what Oregon has to offer. $11.00 price point for a glass was unreasonable as 3-4x markup at least. Fish and chips for the kids almost burnt in deep fryer and exceptionally heavy and greasy batter. Swordfish dry, flaky and overcooked. Wife's salmon dripping of grease. Main courses overly complicated without the execution one would expect - again at this price point. Kids loved the jarred pickle the most which says something. Nobody could finish their meals. Perhaps a bad night but think not.

Other reviews have commended the desserts. We couldn't make it that far.

Would definitely avoid this restaurant.