“Fine dining, yet casual”
Review of Blackfish Cafe

Blackfish Cafe
Ranked #7 of 110 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

During the four days we spent in Lincoln City, this was the nicest restaurant we visited. Although it is a fine dining establishment, it seemed that most of the patrons were very casually dressed, so the atmosphere was very comfortable.
They have a nice array of items on the menu, with a focus on seafood, and a small but nice wine list. The seating area is small, so making a reservation is highly recommended (we didn't have one, and had a bit of a wait). Our server was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional.
Our entrees were very fresh and perfectly prepared, and our salads, which seemed a but pricey, were huge and delicious. If we visit Lincoln City again, we will definitely make a return trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal at Blackfish Cafe. When we entered we were surprised by how nice the restaurant actually is. I think the word "Cafe" made us think more casual. But we went ahead and ate there anyways. Our food was pretty incredible. I had an amazing salad with salmon and feta. We also got the famed homemade ding dong to take with us (our 15 month old had reached her limit for sitting still). We ate it later that night it was simply the best dessert we had ever had. The service was good - a little slow because our waitress seemed to be covering just about every table but she was so courteous and never forgot about us. I would definitely recommend eating here if you are in Lincoln City.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

There was four of us. Three of us had fish and one had the prime rib. Food was wonderful but the one that had the prime rib got sick that night. She found mold in her creamer- they didn't do anything about it. Is there not a city inspector checking on the cleanliness of restaurants in this town??

3  Thank Donna R
NWchef, Owner at Blackfish Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

I am so sorry that you concluded that a guest in your party developed food born illness at our restaurant, particularly from eating Prime Rib, as it is not, nor has it ever been, on our menu. We also do not use creamers, but serve fresh Umpqua Dairy 1/2 and 1/2 delivered 3 days a week.

We do have a very diligent inspector who inspects our restaurant multiple times a year. In fact, we are one of the only restaurants in our county that has managed to have a perfect score for several years. I have been working closely with our excellent Lincoln County inspectors for the 30 years I have been a chef in this community

We have never had in incident of food born illness in the 15 years we have been in business.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I really love their chowder, it was so delicious, I have to say it's some of the best I've had. The fish and chips were very good too, I would . recommend this place, we always come here when we are in town.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

the best rock fish I have had in years, the service was fantastic and the desserts were out of this world