“Great food on the Oregon Coast”
Review of Blackfish Cafe

Blackfish Cafe
Ranked #3 of 109 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Blackfish is an attractive restaurant inside and out. Business was booming the night we were there. We had the scallops with risotto and the cioppino. Great salads came with each entree. Both were great, but I'd give the scallops the edge.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My partner and I went here for dinner this evening to celebrate our 18th anniversary. We were pleased with this establishment from the moment we walked in the door! We were immediately greeted by the most loving lady. She immediately congratulated is on our anniversary and told us to save room for their infamous Blackfish DingDong. We were seated at a nice spot and the lovely waitress came by after just a few minutes. We had the lamb shank and the scallops. Both dishes were amazing! The portions were large and the meat melted in your mouth like butter. All of our needs were attended to before we even thought about them. We are our fill of the entrees and the waitress boxed them up as our lovely hostess(I'm thinking she was maybe the owner or manager?) brought a beautiful dessert for us. This "DingDong" was the most amazing desert we have ever experienced! The chocolate cake was so light and fluffy and the whipped cream filling was just the right amount of sweet. It was coated with a light chocolate ganache served atop a Oregon berry sauce. We are not normally desert people, but we polished this off!! I am always a little too critical in expecting good service, but I literally had nothing I could find an issue with here! The only thing I could say wrong, and I am really grabbing at straws here, the bathroom was a little chilly ;) on our way out, the waitress and the sweet lady that welcomed us and made us feel so special for our anniversary were at the front desk, so I stopped to say thank you for an amazing night. As soon as I opened my mouth, she grabbed my hand and listened to me say thank you.. Then she grabbed me and gave me a big hug and I finished thanking her for an amazing evening. Thank you Blackfish Cafe for a wonderful evening!!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped in during late February during a one-night stay at the Beachfront Manor.

Again, after reading awesome reviews, I decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised to learn it was literally down the street from our hotel! We ordered two bowls of clam chowder to go, and boy oh boy was it delicious!! The clams were heavenly, and it was very filling too. I only wish we could've gone back for lunch the next day, but they open at 11:30 and we headed out of town around 11.

Although we only had time for a small to-go order, we are really looking forward to our next visit so we can dine here again, and try out some more of the menu!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Not really what most coast visitors would consider a "cafe". Had we not ordered soup, lunch was a small piece of fish and 5 green beans! What was served was good, presented well and the service was attentive and professional. Would try it for dinner, just not lunch.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were heading out to the coast from Portland for the weekend and thought that we would give this place a try since it was highly recommended on YELP. We walked into the café and the smell and ambiance was very warm and inviting. There was a wonderful hostess....very nice an charming. The waitress and all the staff were really nice and friendly...but the FOOD WAS AMAZING.

Everyone at our table had something different....Fish and Chips were fresh and tasty, the Grilled Salmon with the Blue Cheese Mash Potatoes were to DIE for, the Saigon Jumbo Prawn salad was savory with a blend of citrus and spice and the Fresh Tuna was equally delicious. The Clam Chowder is the best I have ever had...and the finale were the DING DONGS. A must have to end a wonderful meal.

The happiest part was when the food showed up and the saddest part was having to leave after our meal. We will be back...and hopefully soon.

This is the GO TO PLACE in Lincoln City.........