“Very nice rockfish tacos”
Review of Blackfish Cafe

Blackfish Cafe
Ranked #3 of 109 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Rockfish tacos served a lunch are beautifully presented, with a nice spicy finishing sauce on top of the fish. I hadn't been to this restaurant for years, and now regret hot having come back. The service and food were excellent.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here many times, never reviewed before. We have gotten to know the owners and always have a great experience. Went with our friends on their anniversary and got a great table in the alcove. The grilled salmon special was amazing and free dessert for their anniversary to boot.

You will love this place and the prices are very fair.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to the Blackfish Cafe. We were seated immediately and the service was very attentive. The menu has good variety in case someone wants to go beyond seafood. The only negative would be that it does not enjoy a view of the ocean, but the decor of Japanese fish prints makes up for that. We would recommend that you give this restaurant a try. We'll be back!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner here tonight. I called for a reservation on Thursday for Saturday night. They told me 5:45. We arrived at 5:47 pm and I was scolded by the lady at the front desk saying you are 15 minutes late, supposed to be there at 5:30 pm and I gave your table away. I explained it was 5:45 pm. She grumbled and said we will have to change things around. Our waiter made up the difference by being exceptionally helpful, bringing us a sample of wine, and helping with the menu. We had the scallops and the rib eye which were excellent!
Besides being scolded and made to feel not welcome at first, I would probably try this place again. However, I personally don't think customers should be treated that way, even if you do have a popular restaurant. Maybe, though, it was just a bad night!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We knew nothing beforehand about the Blackfish and only stopped by for lunch on a whim.

Everyone in our party of 7 was vocal in their praise of the preparation, presentation and service. Ours was a top-notch dining experience at only moderate expense.

We will return many times, I am sure.

If you're in the area, do not miss it.