“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Blackfish Cafe
Ranked #3 of 105 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Oliver, Canada
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We ate here while staying in Lincoln city. The service and food were both excellent. The wine (a white Pinot Noir) was very good. My wife had salmon and she raved about it. I had the cioppino and it rivaled any of the best I have eating in San Francisco.

The food and wine are a bit pricy but worth it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Tacoma, Washington
“Tripadviser ratings confirmed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We ate dinner there recently based on tripadvisor ratings. We were not disappointed, the food was all excellent. The only reason we did not give it five stars is that the service was slow in getting our dessert request and bill. Since we also had a 4 year old with us, we felt that they should have been much better.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jimgull
Stayton
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We both started with the homemade clam chowder, it was excellent with fresh tender clams. My wife had fish tacos and loved them, including the black beans and homemade salsa.
I enjoyed fried local oysters. with the best slaw I've eaten (keep in mind I've never had bad slaw. We also enjoyed a bottle of King Estate Chardonnay that was reasonably priced.
The service was excellent without being pretentious.

1 Thank wayflos
Independence, Oregon
“Swordfish Rarity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Have not been to this restaurant for over a year. Kept hearing off and on reviews for a variety of friends. But, this visit with friends was exceptional.
Rarely seen on menus I found swordfish, a favorite. It was served perfectly, moist on a creamy bed of potenta and ringed with a fresh tomato cilantro sauce. Everyone raved about their entrees and our bottle of wine was so good, that one member of the party added the name to his to buy list. Desserts were very nice and certainly topped off the meal.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Demarbieax
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Great food--especially if you like Italian :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Unfortunately, though, I don't. But, luckily, I was able to find Rockfish on the menu, and it wasn't prepared in the Italian style--whatever that brings to mind. For me, it brings marinara sauce, pasta, and too much garlic to mind. So it was lucky for us that I didn't realize in advance that the cuisine was mostly Italian, or we would have missed out on some really outstanding food, because I would have insisted on passing it by.

As it was, the fish I ate was cooked to perfection! The service was exemplary, the prices were acceptable, and I was happy to see that my husband and parents really enjoyed their meals, from my husband's pasta dish to my mother's homemade hamburger :-). And not only was the food and service fantastic, so was the setting! The last time we were there was mid summer, and the Lucifer Crocosmia surrounding their patio was in full and glorious bloom. Although this restaurant sits right on Hwy. 101, it was easy to just tune out the traffic, when the food and flowers were so nice :-). Yes, I'd definitely recommend Blackfish Cafe' to anyone--even people like me, who don't necessarily care for Italian cuisine.

Visited January 2012