“Tripadviser ratings confirmed” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: American, Soups, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Tacoma, Washington
“Tripadviser ratings confirmed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We ate dinner there recently based on tripadvisor ratings. We were not disappointed, the food was all excellent. The only reason we did not give it five stars is that the service was slow in getting our dessert request and bill. Since we also had a 4 year old with us, we felt that they should have been much better.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank jimgull

Stayton
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We both started with the homemade clam chowder, it was excellent with fresh tender clams. My wife had fish tacos and loved them, including the black beans and homemade salsa.
I enjoyed fried local oysters. with the best slaw I've eaten (keep in mind I've never had bad slaw. We also enjoyed a bottle of King Estate Chardonnay that was reasonably priced.
The service was excellent without being pretentious.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank wayflos
Independence, Oregon
“Swordfish Rarity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Have not been to this restaurant for over a year. Kept hearing off and on reviews for a variety of friends. But, this visit with friends was exceptional.
Rarely seen on menus I found swordfish, a favorite. It was served perfectly, moist on a creamy bed of potenta and ringed with a fresh tomato cilantro sauce. Everyone raved about their entrees and our bottle of wine was so good, that one member of the party added the name to his to buy list. Desserts were very nice and certainly topped off the meal.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Demarbieax
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Great food--especially if you like Italian :-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Unfortunately, though, I don't. But, luckily, I was able to find Rockfish on the menu, and it wasn't prepared in the Italian style--whatever that brings to mind. For me, it brings marinara sauce, pasta, and too much garlic to mind. So it was lucky for us that I didn't realize in advance that the cuisine was mostly Italian, or we would have missed out on some really outstanding food, because I would have insisted on passing it by.

As it was, the fish I ate was cooked to perfection! The service was exemplary, the prices were acceptable, and I was happy to see that my husband and parents really enjoyed their meals, from my husband's pasta dish to my mother's homemade hamburger :-). And not only was the food and service fantastic, so was the setting! The last time we were there was mid summer, and the Lucifer Crocosmia surrounding their patio was in full and glorious bloom. Although this restaurant sits right on Hwy. 101, it was easy to just tune out the traffic, when the food and flowers were so nice :-). Yes, I'd definitely recommend Blackfish Cafe' to anyone--even people like me, who don't necessarily care for Italian cuisine.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Irish E
McMinnville, Oregon
“Remarkable clam chowder....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I took a day trip to Lincoln City in October and decided to give The Blackfish Cafe a try for lunch. I asked the waitress what sets apart their clam chowder from other area restaurants' offerings. She smiled and replied, "No sand!" I gave the chowder a try and found the tenderest clams in a creamy white broth and was struck by the soup's flavor and texture. The waitress was right - no speck of grit on my tongue. We rounded out our meal with ling cod fish & chips and ling cod tacos. Both dishes were well seasoned and made with fresh ingredients. Exceptional food and service at this restaurant will keep us coming back to Lincoln City.

• Visited October 2012