“Great Food, Crappy Owner”
Review of Blackfish Cafe

Blackfish Cafe
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Lincoln City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Had issues when we first arrived. Our motel made reservations for us on the day we went here. The owner was handling the hostess position. She finally found our reservation after she told us first that it was never made. Then she criticized that the reservation should never be made by the motel and it should be made by us instead. She was extremely rude and had horrible customer service skills. Some of the party walked out and was ready to go elsewhere. One of the party members calmed the owner down and we eventually got a table for five. Yes, it was busy, but that's no excuse to treat customers poorly. Once seated, the service was excellent. Our waitress apologized for the owner and treated us royally. The food was excellent. The atmosphere is better dressed and jeans make you stand out. Prices are higher than average. Overall, I will not return due to the Owner's behaviour.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

On our recent trip down the coast, my wife and I were waiting for some really good seafood, and we found it right here! It's a short walk from the Starfish Manor where we stayed, which made it a perfect combination! We did not have reservations, and the place was full, but the hostess treated us extremely well and we waited about 15 minutes for a table. The ambiance is nice, and the staff was very quick and courteous. The food was amazing, my wife had the salmon with lime and blue cheese potato gratin, while I had the chowder and the crab cakes. We were completely satisfied. Very reasonable prices, we talked about the meal for the rest of our trip.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I stopped for lunch at the Blackfish Cafe in August. We were thrilled with our choice. We both opted for a shrimp sandwich that was akin to a lobster roll. But this was much, much better than the over-mayonnaised version you typically get. Also, do not skip dessert. I found the gourmet ding dong too intriguing to pass up, and it was good, but my husband went with the peanut butter pie and it was GREAT. Our server was friendly and attentive. All in all, this is a great option if you are in Lincoln City.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The food is great, the staff is better, my wife and I watched the owner choose fresh caught fish for the evening menu!!! Great clam chowder, rock fish, clams, and wonderful, helpful staff !!!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This cafe was recommended by the innkeeper at our bed and breakfast. When we first walked in, I ws not impressed by the decor or the atmosphere. Sorta naughahyde. but don't let the atmosphere stop you from coming here. The food and the service were excellent and by the time we left I did not feel like I needed any additional atmosphere. I had the scallops and my husband had the pork. Both were some of the best we had had. And, it was not very expensive. I will go back there any time I go to Lincoln City Oregon.