“8 years straight”

Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Roy Washington
“8 years straight”
Reviewed December 3, 2009

We have been coming to the Sancastle for the last 8 years for our anniversary, we found it on our honeymoon on our way back from the San Francisco area. There's nothing like having the ocean right outside your room! If you want a quite and relaxing stay then the Sandcasle is your place to go.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
reno
Reviewed December 3, 2009

We have been staying here the past 15 yrs and it’s always great even in bad weather.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
czycatlady
Reviewed December 3, 2009

This is our favorite place to go every year. My mom and I have come to this secret getaway annually for 7 years now. Sadly, we missed our 2009 trip, but we will be back again. The desk is VERY helpful. We always stay in the kitchen suites and its a tradition to buy live crabs and fix them in our hotel. The front desk always has an extra large pot for us to use. You cant get a better value for how beautiful, clean, and convenient this place is! I tell everyone about it.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank czycatlady
Washington
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I have been coming to stay at the Sandcastle Beachfront Motel since 1994. They are wonderful people that go out of thier way to help you enjoy your stay on the Oregon Coast. I love that you can step out the door and you are right on the beach but little off the beaten path, so the area is not as crowded. The prices for the rooms are always reasonable and offer great special rates at different times of the year to those who are on the mailing lists. Check out the website and see for yourself the great rooms and view. I don't have a negative thing to say about the Sandcastle as you can tell. :o) I tell everyone one about it every chance I get. So Check them out yourself and see what I'm talking about and you will be hooked yourself! Best Regards, Nina Z.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Federal Way, WA
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I've stayed here 11/08 2 nights with hubby, 4 nights in 9/06 with closest girlfriend as we traveled Oregon (she's from New York). Both times we stayed in the 2 queen bed balcony room. It is layed out nicely, has the micro/fridge/sink setup, large vanity area. Clean, great beds. Literally could throw a rock in the water at high tide; we left sliders open all night to be lulled to sleep by the waves. Coffee pot, but no coffee/creamer/sugar, byo, I guess. No hairdryer. Small price to pay for great year-round rates. The only off-putting thing was the envelope to tip housekeeping. Sorry. I pay the advertised rate for a clean room equipped with clean linens and I expect the owners to pay the help, not me.

The only reason I have not stayed for a total of 9 other nights over the past 2 summers was because they do not allow pets. I prefer this motel, but when I travel with my teen we must of necessity bring her 25lb non-yappy dog. Therefore I was forced to go elsewhere and pay a dog fee which I would have been happy to pay at the Sandcastle if they'd allow us to.

I have recommended this motel numerous times.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Bothell Washington State
Reviewed December 2, 2009

We've been regulars, twice a year, for about 15 years. The improvements such as the new beds, removal of the hide a beds, the pool and spa, and general painting and cleanup have put a new "glow" on the Sandcastle. Why pay a huge $ amount next door at the "Head" when you get the same rocks and ocean, and free coffee in the office. We'll keep coming back beause it's affordable and still "right on the ocean". We love it.........

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Renton
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I have been staying at the Sandcastle since I was a little kid and the only unit available was the kitchen units. We would take lasagna and cook it in the oven and eat it while watching the waves. Or go down to the beach dig a fire pit and roast hotdogs. As the hotel is literally sitting on the sea wall and it's a short 7 or 8 steps down on to the beach it is ideal for families with kids who want to spend time on the beach. Best part is the little creek right there so bring your shovels and try to best the stream and build your best sand wall to stop it's flow! recently I took my new husband down for our honey moon and we staid on one of the new spa tub sweets. Nothing like a glass of something to drink in a large Jacuzzi tub while looking out on the waves with one you love. I and my family always look forward to our next trip back to the area and our next stay at the Sandcastle!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo