“Favorite Motel on Earth!”

Sandcastle Beachfront Motel
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I have been coming to stay at the Sandcastle Beachfront Motel since 1994. They are wonderful people that go out of thier way to help you enjoy your stay on the Oregon Coast. I love that you can step out the door and you are right on the beach but little off the beaten path, so the area is not as crowded. The prices for the rooms are always reasonable and offer great special rates at different times of the year to those who are on the mailing lists. Check out the website and see for yourself the great rooms and view. I don't have a negative thing to say about the Sandcastle as you can tell. :o) I tell everyone one about it every chance I get. So Check them out yourself and see what I'm talking about and you will be hooked yourself! Best Regards, Nina Z.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed December 2, 2009

I've stayed here 11/08 2 nights with hubby, 4 nights in 9/06 with closest girlfriend as we traveled Oregon (she's from New York). Both times we stayed in the 2 queen bed balcony room. It is layed out nicely, has the micro/fridge/sink setup, large vanity area. Clean, great beds. Literally could throw a rock in the water at high tide; we left sliders open all night to be lulled to sleep by the waves. Coffee pot, but no coffee/creamer/sugar, byo, I guess. No hairdryer. Small price to pay for great year-round rates. The only off-putting thing was the envelope to tip housekeeping. Sorry. I pay the advertised rate for a clean room equipped with clean linens and I expect the owners to pay the help, not me.

The only reason I have not stayed for a total of 9 other nights over the past 2 summers was because they do not allow pets. I prefer this motel, but when I travel with my teen we must of necessity bring her 25lb non-yappy dog. Therefore I was forced to go elsewhere and pay a dog fee which I would have been happy to pay at the Sandcastle if they'd allow us to.

I have recommended this motel numerous times.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2009

We've been regulars, twice a year, for about 15 years. The improvements such as the new beds, removal of the hide a beds, the pool and spa, and general painting and cleanup have put a new "glow" on the Sandcastle. Why pay a huge $ amount next door at the "Head" when you get the same rocks and ocean, and free coffee in the office. We'll keep coming back beause it's affordable and still "right on the ocean". We love it.........

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I have been staying at the Sandcastle since I was a little kid and the only unit available was the kitchen units. We would take lasagna and cook it in the oven and eat it while watching the waves. Or go down to the beach dig a fire pit and roast hotdogs. As the hotel is literally sitting on the sea wall and it's a short 7 or 8 steps down on to the beach it is ideal for families with kids who want to spend time on the beach. Best part is the little creek right there so bring your shovels and try to best the stream and build your best sand wall to stop it's flow! recently I took my new husband down for our honey moon and we staid on one of the new spa tub sweets. Nothing like a glass of something to drink in a large Jacuzzi tub while looking out on the waves with one you love. I and my family always look forward to our next trip back to the area and our next stay at the Sandcastle!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I'm almost hesitant to write a review for this great motel as we like knowing we can find a room there whenever we want it. We go down to the Sandcastle once or twice a year and have done so for many years. We consider it a great find...right on the beach and tucked away from the busy highway, yet close to all the amenities of the coast. If you want elegance, this is not it, but if you want just a simple, clean, comfortable, and affordable place to relax and hang out and enjoy the beach ambience, this is the place. Just thinking about it makes me want to go there again. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2009

the updated rooms are fantastic
Management is very friendly and professional
It has in the past been our first choice and with the room improvements will be our only choice

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I was so excited when my parents and I "discovered" the Sandcastle Motel in Lincoln City a few years ago. Since then we have gone down at least twice a year and had great experiences in the kitchenettes that are very reasonably priced (but without a balcony). Just returned this year and was very disappointed this stay. We were in a two queen room (for 3 nights) with a tiny little balcony, drink and food stains were around the walls, no iron and ironing board like there use to be, enough coffee, sugar, and creamer for only one person each night. Most of all unable to sleep due to the rude people over and around us that walked heavily on the floors until 1:00 a.m. (even during the week nights) left loud televisions on all night, and talked on the balcony above us until we had to wake the managers up at 12:30 a.m. to talk with them. The off site manager was nice enough to send someone over to talk to them - but it started up all over again the very next night. They badly need an onsite manager or office people all night. The noise was HORRIBLE!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family