“cozy”

Sandcastle Beachfront Motel
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a bare bones hotel , except for the cozy fireplace and sound of the ocean we listened to all night.The whirlpool was not working , and that was a bummer! The view and walk on the beach, right outside of room, was amazing!

Room Tip: get a room close to indoor pool and whirlpool, it was cold outside.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annie5959
There are newer reviews for Sandcastle Beachfront Motel

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I read all the helpful reviews prior to booking. I got a good deal with a groupon on a 3rd floor king bedroom the week of Christmas. Go here expecting a great view, friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and a nice fireplace.

The room was decent. The gas fireplace and the view are the real charm. I was on the third floor and the hotel was not full, so I didn't have any interruption by loud neighbors on either side or above me. I was prepared for no elevator and didn't have any unforeseen issues. The staff was very helpful. The bedding was obviously pretty new and very decent. The shower is a standard size stall. It is not as small as one review claimed, and is perfectly acceptable for a large person. There is a blow dryer available at the front desk. The furniture, as many mentioned, is a bit tired, but nothing was broken. Some old English scratch cover would probably be helpful. The beds, pillows and linens are not to Marriott Hotel standard, but believe me, at this price point, I haven't seen better, and have certainly seen worse. The reviewer who claimed to find band-aids in the pool early in the morning needs to realize the cleaning crew arrives mid morning. Although the balconies are awesome, they are very close together. I could see this being a bit uncomfortable at fuller occupancy. Even though it is a no smoking property, I was allowed to vape in my room with an ecig and they do allow smoking on the street side of the building.

The location is awesome. It was wonderful waking up to the sound of the ocean. I was lucky to have perfect weather every single day I was there. Lincoln City is a real gem. There's a lot to do within a few miles. Grab some fresh crab and smoked salmon and a loaf of bread before you book into your room. There's a fridge and microwave and a coffee maker in the room. There's also more coffee in the lobby, and quite a selection of brochures to grab so you can find things you'd like to do while you're in the area.

Room Tip: Go for the third floor. The extra steps cut out the feeling of being boxed in on all sides.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jenai59
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed on the second floor, I believe a circus troup was staying above us! There was much climbing and pounding until all hours. Girls bring a hair dryer, there isn't one in the room. The furniture is a little tired, but clean. The TV is about 24in and firmly mounted to the wall so you can't adjust it, it sits to the right of the bed so that while you are bed it makes it difficult to watch. The positives are the view from the room is wonderful, clean, and the front desk folks are very nice. The value was good.

Room Tip: Get one on the 3rd floor no elevator!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eeyoregirlie
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I went to the Sandcastle Beachfront Motel for a long weekend. The front desk people are very nice. I didn't realize that there's no elevator but that wasn't a big issue for us. We arrived on Friday around 6 pm and we went to our king-size bed with a gas fireplace. The room was nice. The view was beautiful. The balcony looks like its about 2 ft by 4 ft so there's not a lot of room to sit and watch the water. When we arrived on Friday we noticed that the heater was not working and the only heat was from the gas fireplace. This is in January on the Oregon Coast. We left the fireplace on all night which helped . We were tired so we thought that maybe we just didn't know how to work it and we would figure it out later. I got up on Saturday to make coffee, the motel provides a coffeemaker, coffee etc. The package of coffee was opened, so i throw it out and we left Saturday morning for our activities and coffee and when we came back we tried to turn on the heater and it wasn't working so we called down to the front desk. The front desk sent a nice man to try and fix it but he couldn't so they gave us a portable heater that didn't work well at all, I could have made more heat by rubbing to sticks together then the portable heater that they gave us. The next day my husband is taking a shower and I am getting ready to jump in and there were no towels. So I called down for the towels, they asked if I could meet them in-between our room and the front desk but I wasn't dressed for the outside. My husband was freezing, wet, no heat and no towels. Its a nice hotel but if the heaters not working call immediately don't assume there is some switch your not seeing and check to make sure you have towels before you jump in the shower.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hisblondiegirl
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Friends of mine have highly recommended this hotel so when I saw a groupon I purchased it. We went the day after Christmas for one night with our family of 5. The room was very clean, from the bathroom to the kitchen. I loved the layout of the room. We had a kitchen, a queen bed in the main area and then a separate bedroom with a queen bed. We were on the 3rd floor and we had a huge window to look out of and the view was very nice. The shower had great water pressure which was nice as well. The staff at the front desk was very friendly. We used the pool and hot tub. The issues I had were that we were the first ones in the pool in the morning and it appeared it had not been cleaned out as there were a couple of floating bandaids which grossed us out. The other issue I had was that the beds (we were in room 31) were very uncomfortable, to the point that I woke up every time I had to move because the bed was so stiff and ended up sitting in the recliner for most of the night. As soon as we got there and I sat on the bed it made a horrible creaking sound and I just knew that it wasn’t going to be comfortable. I’m hoping not all of the beds are like that because I would love to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cecilia B
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel I'm November and saw the pictures of the room and thought that this was going to be a good.New Years Eve 2013. My boyfriend and I drove from Portland to Lincoln City and arrived around 5:30pm. The front desk guy was nice and gave us 2 keys for the room. We we're on the 3rd floor. There are NO elevators mind you. We got in the room and we're both very very disappointed. The TV was maybe 19 to 21 inches and it was mounted on the wall. My boyfriend has poor eye sight so he couldn't even see it. There was a gas fireplace so that was the only ok. The plus was...we were on the beach. I walked out onto the balcony and I could look into other rooms. We went downstairs and told the guy at the front desk that we were not happy and he gave me our money back. Thank goodness!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Melanie S
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Sandcastle is just south of the main part of Lincoln City & the outlet mall. It is located on a beautiful beach. The views from the rooms are amazing! There are several types of rooms available - most with a small kitchenette or kitchen of some kind, some with fireplaces. They also have a good sized pool & spa. We stayed in a "family" unit - a room with a bedroom. It includes a bedroom with a queen bed. The main room has a full kitchen, table & chairs, two recliners, queen bed, TV & DVD player. The kitchen is well stocked with utensils, cooking equipment, kitchen tools, dinnerware. It does not include any paper products such as towels or napkins but does have a dish cloth, towel, pot holder. The wall facing the ocean has 15 feet of windows, most of which open. The bathroom is spacious & has a tub/shower combo. The pros: price is great for the room, beach front with only a few steps to the beach, friendly staff, large rooms, nice indoor pool/spa area, location to restaurants, shopping, beaches. The cons: The phone in the room didn't work. When this was mentioned to the person at the desk, he shrugged it off as a corrosion issue. However, it meant that we had to use our cell phones to call the front desk & make local calls, which are advertised as free. We couldn't get the DVD player to work with the TV (which has several cable stations). The wifi, also advertised as free, only reaches to rooms close to the lobby. We were not able to get it in any part of our suite which was on the end of the building. There are no elevators. Overall, the Sandcastle is great value is a wonderful location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family