“Fun/informative look at glassblowing - nice selection”

Jennifer Sears Glass Art Studio
Portland, Oregon
“Fun/informative look at glassblowing - nice selection”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We knew there were a lot of glass blowers in town and I thought it would be fun to stop in and watch. There's something about glass - its molten origin and many permutations - that jazzes me. The guys in the glassblowing room were adept, friendly and patient as they guided customers through the process of creating their own glass item. Possible choices were displayed, along with prices, on a large sign. We watched both a bowl and a float being made, but you could also choose a paperweight or heart. You choose the colors you want. I would definitely do this on a return trip. The glass in the sales gallery was pleasing to the eye, and I bought a small item as a keepsake.

Visited December 2013

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The Best”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

If you want a little adventure in your life and would like to create a float your own or paperweight, this is the place. This was my 2nd visit and 2nd creation. I did a float the first time and have received many compliments on it. So, I decided upon a paperweight this time. The process is a little different, but Andrew was such a great guide, it came out PERFECT, and I'm no artist. It was an exciting memorable experience.

Visited December 2013
Milwaukie, Oregon
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Wow - Beautiful work.”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a breathtaking studio. The pieces on display were breathtaking. Please stop in if you have time on your travels...this is a great place.

Visited November 2013
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great fun!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We decided to do something very different and jumped in at the opportunity to make our own glass souvenirs. We stopped in to take a look first and the place was packed on a Tuesday afternoon. We made an appointment for the next afternoon and it was a Hoot! The staff are all great and very patient in their interactions with guests. Each is a fairly well qualified artist in their own way--mine was a glass blowing instructor at a college. You get to pick what you want to make, they help you with the colors, and are very helpful in the process. No, you don't get to do everything yourself--but if I had done it all myself I wouldn't have had the lovely bowl to take home! You get to participate enough to develop a much stronger appreciation for the art and craft of glassblowing (it really is amazing) and slight bragging rights for your product once you get it home. I had my bowl shipped and it arrived within 10 days or so without any incident. This is a lot of fun, would highly recommend the hands on opportunity the Studio provides!

Visited August 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Watch glass blowing in action!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Loved watching the glass being made... this shop has many beautiful offerings, from the small and simple, to the ornate and large. Even if you don't buy anything, it is worth stopping by.

Visited October 2013