“Son had a blast!”

Lincoln City Glass Center
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've driven by this place many times on vacation throughout the years and decided to let my 8yo son give it a try.

The staff was very patient and wonderful with him, helping him when he needed it (it gets hot in front of the 2,000 deg oven) and also letting him be the creative force.

He did the basic glass float which is up to 4 colors choice for $65.

He had a blast and is so proud of his masterpiece!

All reviews
"fun to watch"
"on display"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

A fun experience ending with a beautiful souvenir to take home. The assisting artists are talented and helpful in creating your take home work. A great activity for your coastal vacation.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was such a fun event for our family. The studio allows a parent to accompany a kid to create a piece of glass art, so we had two family members learn and create at the same time for the price of one piece. (There were plenty of viewing areas for others to take pictures and videos.) Prices started at $65 for a large diameter (maybe 6-8") glass fisherman's float to $105 for starfish and even higher for fluted bowls. The price includes everything except shipping which was $15-25 depending on the size of your finished piece. You can avoid shipping costs by picking up your piece after it's cooled the next day, but given the reasonableness of the cost, we opted for shipping. Depending on the piece you will either learn to blow glass (i.e., the float) or pull it (i.e., starfish or paperweight) but either type is a lot of fun. Tim, our artist-instructor, was really great with our kid. He was patient and a great teacher. The class took about an hour and since we arrived early we were able to tour the attached gallery. The artwork was amazing and the staff was friendly and eager to explain how the different pieces were made. You'll want to call ahead for reservations. We visited during the end of July and while we were able to get a next-day reservation, when we arrived the next day and wanted to add a second class/piece they were booked up. Also, for safety, closed-toed shoes are required and they don't allow fleece jackets. We will definitely be back. This was a great learning experience and we got the best vacation souvenir!

1  Thank Browncoat_11
Reviewed July 22, 2013

One of funniest things we did in Lincoln City was to go to the Jennifer Sears Glass Art Studio and make our own glass creation. You can blow your own float , bowl or make a paperweight or heat. The place is super busy so book ahead 541-996-2569 . Also you will need to leave your art overnight so don't book it on your last night unless you want to pay to have them ship it to your home. Otto was the Artist who helped us and it was more fun and interesting than we thought it would be. Thanks Otto , now we have a wonderful reminder of our anniversary .

See more reviews
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had been reading up on Lincoln City before the trip there. I knew I wanted to visit this studio and try my hand at glass art. I went in and made my appointment for later that day. You do have to let the piece cure overnight, so don't plan on a visit on the day you are leaving. They can mail it to you, but that's an added cost. I chose to make a starfish. There was no glass blowing that went into making this piece, just a lot of twirling the rod and pulling on the glass. My instructor was Otto and he was easy to understand and very well trained at his craft. If you don't want to pay the money to make a piece, you can stand outside the 2 big garage doors and just watch. I am really pleased with my starfish and can't wait to put it on display.

1  Thank addison_and_clark