Review Highlights
Beautiful glass float guaranteed

We came to Lincoln City with hope of finding some of the artist made floats hidden daily in the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Athena S
Yakima, Washington
via mobile
Master Craftswoman at Work

We were with a group so didn't have the opportunity to attempt to blow a glass float ourselves, but... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Muriel M
Chilliwack, Canada

All reviews make your own paper weight watch others unique experience whole process explained everything take home super fun every step one of a kind for sale a lot of fun finished product across the street fun to watch beautiful pieces on display
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was such a fun event for our family. The studio allows a parent to accompany a kid to create a piece of glass art, so we had two family members learn and create at the same time for the price of one piece. (There were plenty of viewing areas for others to take pictures and videos.) Prices started at $65 for a large diameter (maybe 6-8") glass fisherman's float to $105 for starfish and even higher for fluted bowls. The price includes everything except shipping which was $15-25 depending on the size of your finished piece. You can avoid shipping costs by picking up your piece after it's cooled the next day, but given the reasonableness of the cost, we opted for shipping. Depending on the piece you will either learn to blow glass (i.e., the float) or pull it (i.e., starfish or paperweight) but either type is a lot of fun. Tim, our artist-instructor, was really great with our kid. He was patient and a great teacher. The class took about an hour and since we arrived early we were able to tour the attached gallery. The artwork was amazing and the staff was friendly and eager to explain how the different pieces were made. You'll want to call ahead for reservations. We visited during the end of July and while we were able to get a next-day reservation, when we arrived the next day and wanted to add a second class/piece they were booked up. Also, for safety, closed-toed shoes are required and they don't allow fleece jackets. We will definitely be back. This was a great learning experience and we got the best vacation souvenir!

1  Thank Browncoat_11
Reviewed July 22, 2013

One of funniest things we did in Lincoln City was to go to the Jennifer Sears Glass Art Studio and make our own glass creation. You can blow your own float , bowl or make a paperweight or heat. The place is super busy so book ahead 541-996-2569 . Also you will need to leave your art overnight so don't book it on your last night unless you want to pay to have them ship it to your home. Otto was the Artist who helped us and it was more fun and interesting than we thought it would be. Thanks Otto , now we have a wonderful reminder of our anniversary .

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had been reading up on Lincoln City before the trip there. I knew I wanted to visit this studio and try my hand at glass art. I went in and made my appointment for later that day. You do have to let the piece cure overnight, so don't plan on a visit on the day you are leaving. They can mail it to you, but that's an added cost. I chose to make a starfish. There was no glass blowing that went into making this piece, just a lot of twirling the rod and pulling on the glass. My instructor was Otto and he was easy to understand and very well trained at his craft. If you don't want to pay the money to make a piece, you can stand outside the 2 big garage doors and just watch. I am really pleased with my starfish and can't wait to put it on display.

1  Thank addison_and_clark
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My wife had a great time creating her glass globe. She had high hopes and was very happy with the results. I think she even wants to do it again to tweak her next one with what she knows about the process.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We came during the day and watched until the rain got to be too much. We returned at night to watch some of the artisans work. This place is a great opportunity to see glassblowing or to get a chance to make a small piece. Well worth the $$ for the glassblowing lesson