“Glass Blowing 101” 5 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glass Blowing 101”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

A fun experience ending with a beautiful souvenir to take home. The assisting artists are talented and helpful in creating your take home work. A great activity for your coastal vacation.

Austin, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“The best souvenir & class rolled into one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was such a fun event for our family. The studio allows a parent to accompany a kid to create a piece of glass art, so we had two family members learn and create at the same time for the price of one piece. (There were plenty of viewing areas for others to take pictures and videos.) Prices started at $65 for a large diameter (maybe 6-8") glass fisherman's float to $105 for starfish and even higher for fluted bowls. The price includes everything except shipping which was $15-25 depending on the size of your finished piece. You can avoid shipping costs by picking up your piece after it's cooled the next day, but given the reasonableness of the cost, we opted for shipping. Depending on the piece you will either learn to blow glass (i.e., the float) or pull it (i.e., starfish or paperweight) but either type is a lot of fun. Tim, our artist-instructor, was really great with our kid. He was patient and a great teacher. The class took about an hour and since we arrived early we were able to tour the attached gallery. The artwork was amazing and the staff was friendly and eager to explain how the different pieces were made. You'll want to call ahead for reservations. We visited during the end of July and while we were able to get a next-day reservation, when we arrived the next day and wanted to add a second class/piece they were booked up. Also, for safety, closed-toed shoes are required and they don't allow fleece jackets. We will definitely be back. This was a great learning experience and we got the best vacation souvenir!

1 Thank Browncoat_11
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A must do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

One of funniest things we did in Lincoln City was to go to the Jennifer Sears Glass Art Studio and make our own glass creation. You can blow your own float , bowl or make a paperweight or heat. The place is super busy so book ahead 541-996-2569 . Also you will need to leave your art overnight so don't book it on your last night unless you want to pay to have them ship it to your home. Otto was the Artist who helped us and it was more fun and interesting than we thought it would be. Thanks Otto , now we have a wonderful reminder of our anniversary .

Carbondale, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A lot of fun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had been reading up on Lincoln City before the trip there. I knew I wanted to visit this studio and try my hand at glass art. I went in and made my appointment for later that day. You do have to let the piece cure overnight, so don't plan on a visit on the day you are leaving. They can mail it to you, but that's an added cost. I chose to make a starfish. There was no glass blowing that went into making this piece, just a lot of twirling the rod and pulling on the glass. My instructor was Otto and he was easy to understand and very well trained at his craft. If you don't want to pay the money to make a piece, you can stand outside the 2 big garage doors and just watch. I am really pleased with my starfish and can't wait to put it on display.

Visited June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Be The Artist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

At Jennifer Sears Glass Art Studio you can try your hand at glass blowing. Whether you have any artistic ability or not, the resident artists will guide you through the process to make your own glass float, votive, paperweight or dish. You choose the item and colours you want and they will walk you through each step from molten glob of glowing glass to your new table centrepiece. The alchemy and allure of creating your own glass art piece will be a memorable part of your trip to Lincoln City and you get to take it home to proudly display. Note: you should call a head to book a time and you will have to pick your creation up the next day as the glass must cool overnight. (541-996-2569 http://www.jennifersearsglassart.com) Now, the piece I made probably wouldn't catch my eye in a gift shop but because I made it, my wife loves it. I really enjoyed the experience. If you do not want to try this amazing art yourself, you're free to watch or peruse the gorgeous results from the pros in the gallery shop.
This is a must do activity on my list!

2 Thank Grant B