“Good but not great”

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating
Medford, Oregon
“Good but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

The menu was very limited. The place was not as clean as I would prefer but the burgers were good. I find it odd to put a rather oval shaped burger on a square bun. The red home fried potatoes were very good.

Visited March 2014
Joe P, Owner at Grandma's Kitchen, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
We use fresh ingredients for our menu items... so..Yes, our menu is limited....

It is true.. that the floor gets a little dirty... when you are in the middle of a rush....

Fresh ground beef patty on a fresh Ciabatta bun?.... So sorry...... I here Wendy's is still serving a square patty on a round bun

Lincoln City, Oregon
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've been wanting to try Grandma's Kitchen for awhile now, but haven't been able to make it because I work most mornings. I finally made it a couple weeks ago and was impressed. The food was absolutely delicious and bordered on a gourmet meal. I ordered the Hawaiian burger and was floored at how delicious it was. They bake their own bread and I believe they said they grind their own beef. The fries were more of a homestyle feeling, which some like more than others. The service was excellent and everyone was very friendly. The only thing about it was that it was a bit more pricey than I'm used to paying, but the food is absolutely worth it. I definitely recommend Grandma's Kitchen for a fantastic breakfast or lunch.

• Visited January 2014
Vancouver, Washington Usa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Breakfast in Town???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

The serves was friendly and quick. The menu is very limited with choices. I ordered scrambled eggs with a slice of ham. Just average although ham was too salty. Did receive a slice of homemade white bread toasted, but only one slice??? My husband ordered a bacon and cheese omelet. Eggs were over cooked with brown spots, and bacon should have been chopped much smaller instead of the inch to inch and a half pieces. Only offered house grilled red potatoes and onions spiced with Italian seasoning? No hash browns offered.
Best point was attentive service and they kept the coffee flowing.

Visited January 2014
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Extremely Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Being locals, we too were very excited that a new restaurant was replacing the Thai one previously in this space, something we could take my elderly parents to enjoy. When we sat down our waitress was kind enough to tell us that they only took cash but that they had an ATM machine there (another way to make money for them?). The atmosphere was okay and it was easily accessible for my 90 year old father. Also not sure if the End of Days books are still there but we found that sort of creepy. My husband wanted to eat healthy and was happy they had a salad bar but when he got there, it was practically empty. The waitress said the owner didn't want to refill it because they were only going to be open an hour more. My parents and I ordered breakfast that was served on small, chipped plates which I guess is supposed to represent what your grandmother might serve to hold your food. This is a health code violation for bacterial reasons and one that put us all off. You could easily cut yourself on them as well so maybe they've remedied this serving idea. Mom had pancakes and was given a tiny container of syrup. I had a grilled cheese that was served cold. Service was slow and we were the only patrons in there. The only good thing I can say about this place is that they have great peanut butter cookies albeit pricey ones. Too bad that every other local I've asked about Grandma's gives a grimace and "ughh" or OMG every time. You're better off going to the Otis Cafe, Vivian's or Pig-n-Pancake.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank cyndyc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New business we thought we would try since we were doing laundry and had time to spare”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We are locals and were doing our laundry during the labor day weekend. We know they are new in town and during a holiday is when you need to shine. They were out of three different breads for toast. We ordered a vegitarian omlet all that was in it was onion, tomato and cheese. No mushroom, peppers maybe they ran out. I ordered eggs and potatoes and a bisquit the bisquit was like a hockey puck no butter serverd with it had to ask waitress for some she blamed the cook. When you serve food you need to look at what you're serving. The staff were unkept looking the furniture wasn't even goodwill quality the upolstry is filthy. I really don't like drinking out of a jelly jar. Also if you are going to have plants and flowers on the tables make sure the aren't wilted and dead. I'm sorry my grandmas table never looked like that and her food never tasted so bad. No excuse of being new to town. We won't be back burger king is next door will eat there before going back to grandmas

• Visited September 2013