“their night time receptionist will make you feel like you're her bff =D”

D Sands Condominium Motel
Reviewed April 10, 2009

i have stayed here a few times in the past, and it just keeps getting better. most of the staff is excellent, and in the lead of that excellence is the night time receptionist angie. not only does she remember repeat customers, but she calls you by name and she treats you like a lifelong friend. i went to lincoln city to relax and regain my balance, so to speak, after some personal strains, and instead of cuddling up with a good book i was more tempted to hang out in the lobby every evening of my stay to hang out with her!

unfortunately, i can not say the same for the woman who checked me out, she was rather rude and crass. i did not feel welcomed by her whatsoever, and almost felt insulted by the looks she was tossing my way when i brought her my key.

it's a good thing they employ someone as wonderful as angie, as my experience with her completely made up for the less than welcome feeling from that other woman.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank jaimec0re
There are newer reviews for D Sands Condominium Motel

Reviewed March 13, 2009

I recently took my son on a trip to the coast and stayed at the D Sands and we had an awesome time the rooms were very well kept up and the staff was abolutely fantastic I would stay there again in an instant!!!!

Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2009

We've stayed at a few places in Lincoln City so I'll compare D Sands to the others to maybe help you decide. The wall bed is definitely a bonus of the D Sands, especially compared to the very uncomfortable pullouts at Dock of The Bay Condos in LC. That said, we do prefer the location of Dock of the Bay (nice to be by the sea lions and in a quieter area) and Pelican Shores Motel (quieter location) as well. Our room at D Sands wasn't noisy at all but the complex is right on the highway so you feel the noise when you go to your car. We treated our daughters to a couple of nights of TV and movies and D Sands was great for this with hundreds of DVDs to rent and lots of channels to choose from including Disney (not sure about Dock and Pelican definitely has lots of DVDs to rent). A bonus of D Sands is that they offer free wi-fi and internet access from a lobby PC. The kitchen dishes didn't seem very clean and it would've been nice to have a dishwasher (available at Pelican Shores). On our next trip to LC we'd definitely choose either D Sands or Pel Shores. Great view of the rolling surf!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Everytime we go to the Lincoln city, we stay at dsands. It has been awhile since we our last trip so I wasnt sure if things would be as great as before.
Well some things have changed, their lobby for instance. They have recently remodeled it. And it is beautiful! You walk in and you are looking right at the ocean into their swiming pool.They have also switched to key cards which is better than the old regular keys.
I think their kitchens have also been remodeled, they looked brand new anyways. And as always the rooms were clean. That is one thing you always get from them.
I love going somewhere and feeling like family. Even after a few years of not coming in. They seem to always have the same people at the front desk, smiling, laughing and always going out of their way to help their guest.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank daytripperx2
Reviewed December 2, 2008

We make it to the D sands once or twice a year. Everytime gets better. The front desk staff (Angela) is always so helpful & willing to go the extra mile. She is very accomidating & friendly. The maids do a fantastic job! You can't beat the price for the view. We love it there!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank lavone
Reviewed December 1, 2008

I took my family to the beach for a few days and we picked the D' Sands on a whim. From the moment we walked into the lobby, the Front Desk Agent Angela treated us like old friends. She was very helpful with directions and extremely friendly. She got us checked into our room, a comfortable two room ocean view suite and provided us with lots of useful info for our stay. The next morning we met Michelle at the Front Desk who was equally friendly. We saw Angela again that afternoon and thanked her for her help the previous day. She had more suggestions about shopping and things to see. All in all, we've stayed at many hotels on the coast and elsewhere and Angela stood out as one of the most hospitable Front Desk people we've met. The hotel has a great location near the D' River and is right on the beach. Our family had a great time there and I'm sure yours would too.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank swd187
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel many times now after it was recommended to me by a friend!! I was really surprised by the hotel!! It has excellent service and rooms!!
from the front view i was a little worried but once i was checking in and met the wonderful staff i knew it was going to be great!! Angela was very helpful w/ the reservations and recomendations for near by restaurants. I have gone to lincoln city alot for day trips but hardley ever stayed there over nt. and where i did was not that great and gave me doubts now after stayin at d' sands I love it!!
I now have sent my friends for there anniversery, and just in Oct sent my mother inlaw for her honeymoon!@! She absolutley loved it!! Angela and the other staff made it very special for them by putting balloons and sparkling in there gorgeous room they had a wonderful time and loved the kitchen in there room, they cooked all the meals inside and now are already talking about going again this month. Totally recommend it to everyone!!!1

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family