“Let Down”

D Sands Condominium Motel
Camano Island, Washington
“Let Down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed before and liked it but this visit was different. The first night we froze because our heat did not work. Workman fixed it the next day. Then after having wifi access the first night that did not require a password ( as noted in literature in the room) it suddenly stopped working. The front desk said yes wifi was down and that the provider was working On it. When it was up they would phone us and she took down our room number.
Nothing the rest of that day and night. When I phoned again the second day was told oh you need a password now. Huh!!
Thanks for the heads up!! We wouldn't have needed to hang out the night before in McDonald's.

Just a disappointing stay!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marlene B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Pros:
1. Right on the beach--beautiful views, easy beach access
2. Nice kitchen with full size refrigerator and a regular oven, stove and microwave
3. Loved having a balcony. Very nice for coffee in the morning and to watch the sunset over the ocean
4. Centrally located for activities in Lincoln City
5. Nice pool and jacuzzi spa that didn't seem to be used much while I was there.
6. Clean and there seems to be effort to maintain

Cons:
1. Room is very small. Murphy bed (which I was told in advance and is fine), but don't put it down until you are definitely ready for bed with no getting up
2. Checking in had the feel of being processed for a halfway house for criminals. "Initial here that you won't bring any pets in and the charge if you do." "Initial here that you won't smoke and the charge if you do." "You are not allowed to back into parking spaces." No mention of being glad to have me stay or any offer to help make my visit more enjoyable if they could. Not even close.
3. Charge for my entire stay (4 days) was charged to my credit card the minute I arrived before my room was even ready. I've never had that before unless paying in advance for a special rate which was definitely not the case. Guess they want to be sure no one changes their mind once they arrive.
4. No breakfast
5. Expensive compared to other lodging in Lincoln City.
6. Bed lumpy and very uncomfortable. Be prepared for your back to ache when you get up in the morning. A walk on the beach is a wonderful way to work out the stiffness.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor which was great for getting in and out with no stairs. Minimal noise from...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank cegiraffe
Snohomish, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed in one of their Family Suites. Very spacious and comfortable, the couch was great.To bad we only stayed here one night. Should have spent our entire vacation with this as our base. Most definately will return next time on the Oregon Coast. Very clean. Yes the hotel is older, but obvously has experienced a well done remodel. Right in the center of town, with many restaurants and shops within walking distance. Great place across the street for Ice cream and next door to it the guys at the kite shop are great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Updated review - I heard such great things about this place and was disappointed overall. The good things - GREAT views of the coast, clean and central location. The bad things - the road noise from 101 was very loud, front desk staff was unresponsive to noisy neighbors saying "we can't control our guests" ( really? ), and there was a run down qeneral feeling for the price such as chipped paint, a non-functional burner on the stove, broken interior pieces in the refrigerator, etc. Nothing horrible, but not exciting for the price (about $200 a night). I previously reviewed the place regarding our visit and said that the management didn't respond to any of the emails my party sent afterwards regarding our visit. The management response to that review was "we emailed them the day the checked out". Again - really? By magic? We hadn't even sent any emails yet. No one in my party has received a singe email to date (3 months after our visit). Despite the great location, I would look around.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank LoriTen
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great location on the beach, much more spacious than a hotel room. It caters to families so can be a bit noisy, but nothing that kept me from sleeping or that woke me. Quick and efficient check-in and check-out. A good value.

Room Tip: Don't choose the first floor if you value privacy!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Bluebonnet66
Salem, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had three nights of virtually no sleep thanks to NOISY neighbors. D Sands staff was not helpful while we there and ignored the email I sent after returning home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
15 Thank AFinchSalem
Milton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

nice ocean front studio type rooms kictens full frigs fully stocked dishes ect comf beds well worth what I paid

Room Tip: corner rooms as always are better I was in the ground floor but heard nothing but ocean so i dont th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple