“Best Oregon Coast Pet Friendly Motel!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Overlook Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Overlook Motel
Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Vancouver, WA
“Best Oregon Coast Pet Friendly Motel!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I like this place so much I almost don't want to review it for fear it will get popular and I won't be able to get in again so easily! GREAT place. Check in was friendly, and room was fantastic! Okay, it was old and "homey", not shiny and polished, but COME ON! You are at the beach. It was clean and everything seemed to be in good working order. These aren't just rooms, they are apartments with a gas fireplace, wide screen TV, full living room and kitchen. We even had 2 bedrooms. Best of all a private patio overlooking the beach (overlooking....get it?).

I quite simply can't say enough about this place. Took 3 friends and the dog. Everybody had a great time!!!

Room Tip: We had 4 people in Unit 3...we liked it a lot.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank dsaxon9454

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

If you find yourself in Lincoln City Oregon or are planning a trip there, try the Overlook, especially Unit 6. This is a special place - a nod to the past sitting on a cliff way above the Glorious Pacific Ocean. The bank of windows on the West side of the unit are an invitation to spend all of your time gazing at the vast ocean. This invitation is amplified by the reading nook - two beautifully padded benches are outfitted with pillows, creating a cozy, comfortable place to enjoy a good book. Unit 6 has lots of good books, games, movies, and music. Heart and soul were put into this Unit. It is so well loved, you feel as if it were a home of someone very special. The kitchen is open and well appointed; it even has sharp knives!!! Three of us enjoyed a weekend together. We hope to return again and again.

Room Tip: Fabulous view from Unit 6
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gardengirl108
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed in unit 7 for the weekend to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary and absolutely fell in love with this place! Gorgeous ocean views, cozy/ romantic atmosphere, and friendly staff made this trip perfect :) we can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Kimber304
Fremont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

The view from the rooms is fantastic, overlooking the beach and ocean. You can't get much closer to the beach than this location. It is located in a quiet neighborhood. We found it to be a perfect spot to begin our vacation and unwind from work. We found the room to be very comfortable, quiet and enjoyed the kitchen for making meals to be eaten on the deck or inside overlooking the beach. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Perfect.....I loved every bit of time spent there, which was 4 days , and never have I had such a life changing experience like I have had at the overlook, I met the girl of my dreams, and spent four wonderful days getting to know her, and now I'm back and we are together and very happy , thanks for making it beautiful as she is ... 100% satisfied ....

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank edgarbrackett
Molalla, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

November 10-12, 2012 - Unit # 1 Way small but the view was awesome! You can't beat it. I had asked if there were steps as I'm handicapped and was told "oh no, no steps, just a little path you follow down and around to the unit." That was the understatement of the millennium !!! About 80-100 feet of very steep, narrow path. It had perforated rubber matting on it to help keep you from sliding and a rail on one side. I ended up putting my larger suitcase on the ground and kicking it down the path since it was almost too narrow to carry it. It almost slid by itself! The bed was comfortable as was the hide-a-bed in the living room. Plenty of pillows, blankets and towels. Kitchen was great, everything but the toaster worked. Do have to say the hide-a-bed was so low that there was nothing to put your feet on or they would be raised higher than your butt which isn't comfortable. We ended up pulling out the bed so we could at least sit level. Worked fine but not a lot of room left. There was a broken down cheap chair that had broken legs. Dangerous since if someone sat in it, it would have thrown you forward onto the metal bed rails of the hide-a-bed. I had just leaned over it to grab a pillow and it fell over. TV very nice with DVD player.

Room Tip: Be sure you ask about steps or "pathways". Also, the pictures on their website almost giv...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Conillynn
Gresham, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in unit #1 in July and thought it was wonderful and full of charm. Views that can't be beat. You can see the waves crashing on the beach from sitting in any chair in the room. We decided to make a second reservation for a weekend in October. We arrived in lovely unit #1. The first thing I noticed was they took out a nice comfy rocking chair and replaced it with a dumpy Ikea chair. BOO. Oh well. First night went well, we had a great night. The next morning however, I went to use the toilet and it overflowed(I flushed while sitting and it got my bum wet!) I was so upset and grossed out! The inn keeper "Ann" said we would have to move as there was no one available to repair the problem. :( She showed us the 2 other rooms that were available. One was a studio, way smaller than #1. The other was unit #2 which was quite a bit bigger. In my fog of sleepiness and shock, we took that one with out really checking it out. After we had moved our stuff, I wanted to lay back down. I noticed the couch that was FILTHY I mean horrible! huge stains on a light colored couch! Like some one urinated on it! The place smelled like wet dog and mold. I went to sit in the one of the two recliners and one was broken! The bathroom was tiny with a small stall shower and absolutely NO water pressure! The kitchen was gross...dirt on top of the fridge an inch thick and the toaster oven was disgusting!! There was a stain on the bed spread..eww!

To top it off, you could not see the ocean unless you were standing up looking out the windows. The way they had the furniture arranged was all facing the TV which you couldn't barely see anyway because it had screen burn from someone leaving an image on it!!!

I demanded a refund for that night. I got it with much resistance from "ann". She asked me "what am I suppose to tell the owner, when they get no money and someone did sleep there" I had to hold back my anger to say give them the list I just gave you!!

We will NEVER EVER EEEEEEVER come back here! Especially after reading the previous reviews about a RAT PROBLEM!! OMG!!!

Room Tip: Don't come here!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple