“We thought we found a hidden gem...until”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Overlook Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Overlook Motel
Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Gresham, Oregon
“We thought we found a hidden gem...until”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in unit #1 in July and thought it was wonderful and full of charm. Views that can't be beat. You can see the waves crashing on the beach from sitting in any chair in the room. We decided to make a second reservation for a weekend in October. We arrived in lovely unit #1. The first thing I noticed was they took out a nice comfy rocking chair and replaced it with a dumpy Ikea chair. BOO. Oh well. First night went well, we had a great night. The next morning however, I went to use the toilet and it overflowed(I flushed while sitting and it got my bum wet!) I was so upset and grossed out! The inn keeper "Ann" said we would have to move as there was no one available to repair the problem. :( She showed us the 2 other rooms that were available. One was a studio, way smaller than #1. The other was unit #2 which was quite a bit bigger. In my fog of sleepiness and shock, we took that one with out really checking it out. After we had moved our stuff, I wanted to lay back down. I noticed the couch that was FILTHY I mean horrible! huge stains on a light colored couch! Like some one urinated on it! The place smelled like wet dog and mold. I went to sit in the one of the two recliners and one was broken! The bathroom was tiny with a small stall shower and absolutely NO water pressure! The kitchen was gross...dirt on top of the fridge an inch thick and the toaster oven was disgusting!! There was a stain on the bed spread..eww!

To top it off, you could not see the ocean unless you were standing up looking out the windows. The way they had the furniture arranged was all facing the TV which you couldn't barely see anyway because it had screen burn from someone leaving an image on it!!!

I demanded a refund for that night. I got it with much resistance from "ann". She asked me "what am I suppose to tell the owner, when they get no money and someone did sleep there" I had to hold back my anger to say give them the list I just gave you!!

We will NEVER EVER EEEEEEVER come back here! Especially after reading the previous reviews about a RAT PROBLEM!! OMG!!!

Room Tip: Don't come here!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank angrybeachgoer

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Southern Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband booked for the last 2 nights on a surprise 10 day anniversary trip on the road. We stayed in room # 4. The view cant be beat for the price and the manager is as sweet as can be. It has a nice little balcony and a kitchenette with everything we need. The bathroom and bed / linens are all clean which is the most important thing for sure. I think every room in the Overlook Motel allows animals. We don't have animals but we sure do smell the ones that have been here before us! The carpet is stained and smells like a wet dog. Seems like they should have hardwood or tile floors if animals are allowed. It needs new blinds on the windows, they barely open and close and the cabinets in the little kitchen need a good scrubbing and a nice coat of paint. With all the other 'Great view' rooms that can be found on the Oregon coast, I;m not sure we will come back here unless a little remodeling was done.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teweesouthernoregon
Silverton, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

The view was spectacular. The staff very welcoming and accommodating. One of our party is wheelchair bound and the staff were especially considerate of this, even allowing us to check in a little early. It was a great place to stay for someone in a wheelchair. There were wonderful paths to follow the shoreline and feel a part of the seaside. The ADA room was perfect.

Room Tip: If an ADA room is needed, this is the place!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dianne L
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed in unit #1. The view was GREAT! Without even asking, when we first got there, the manager offered to show us all of the open units which I really appreciated. We were able to choose the one that we liked best that was in our price range. Although this wasn't the fanciest of places, everything was clean and we felt the price was pretty fair.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Busy B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

I know somethings have to change and in a businesss like this I feel it would be what improvements it would be to keep us all coming back. We have stayed in all the cottages except the one adjacent to the desk and up until this last time #3 . Of course without a doubt all the rooms have a magnificent panoramic views and up till June 30,2011 each room having its on uniqueness was so inviting. We have been visitors of OVERLOOK since 2006 ,. Our recent last visit a few days ago we arrived early spoke to an "ANN" asking if we could check in a little early. We spoke to ANN on the phone,becuz she was not on the premises and replied she would call as soon as she returned, but ceck in was not until 3pm. She never called altho claiming she had in anasty reply to my husbsnd. Since it was 4pm when she was back my husband asked if checkout could be at noon the next day very snotty she replied I said 11am and that she felt if we were unhappy with that,she really didnot want to rent to us. For $178.00 one would think to let go a hour,knowing we are returning customers for 6 years. The room was mold behind te beds lites no working spider webs and spiders be hind our beds, no butter knives,torn s creen doors,curtain blinds falling off when we opened the blinds. I am not a knit picky person, but the way "ANN" accosted us with such unplesantness almost set the presidence of a real let down. Thankgod the OCEAN is more powerful than a woman who totally displayed her lack of an innkeeper . Maybe she should work at a job with no happy people interaction.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank popieto
Lake Oswego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

DO NOT stay in unit number 7 if you have an aversion to cigarette smoke - it is absolutely horrible. The smoke is in everything - the furniture, bedding, kitchen supplies (even the glasses smell of smoke when you drink from them). So incredibly gross. I did not get any sleep at all because of the smokey-smelling bedding and actually felt like I was going to thow up a couple of times. I had to open ALL of the windows and doors to breathe somewhat freely (and it was cold outside but it was better than the alternative). Another problem is that smoking is allowed (obviously) at this motel so that when you try to go outside to use your deck with the beautiful view, the smoke comes wafting up - you just can't get away from it!!! This coastal lodging should be renamed "Overlook Motel at Smokey Point'. Major ick.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank marcylyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

Always stay in #4, it's small and cozy. I'v never seen bugs or rats but the unit was in need of some upkeep and updating which it has received.
It's not the "Rtiz" but that is not what I'm interested in. For the price and the location it's fabulous! I love to just sit and stare out the big picture window and watch the ocen.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo