“Cigarette Smoke Infused Lodging”
Review of Overlook Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lincoln City
Overlook Motel
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Lincoln City
Reviewed March 23, 2011

DO NOT stay in unit number 7 if you have an aversion to cigarette smoke - it is absolutely horrible. The smoke is in everything - the furniture, bedding, kitchen supplies (even the glasses smell of smoke when you drink from them). So incredibly gross. I did not get any sleep at all because of the smokey-smelling bedding and actually felt like I was going to thow up a couple of times. I had to open ALL of the windows and doors to breathe somewhat freely (and it was cold outside but it was better than the alternative). Another problem is that smoking is allowed (obviously) at this motel so that when you try to go outside to use your deck with the beautiful view, the smoke comes wafting up - you just can't get away from it!!! This coastal lodging should be renamed "Overlook Motel at Smokey Point'. Major ick.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank marcylyn

Reviewed February 11, 2011

Always stay in #4, it's small and cozy. I'v never seen bugs or rats but the unit was in need of some upkeep and updating which it has received.
It's not the "Rtiz" but that is not what I'm interested in. For the price and the location it's fabulous! I love to just sit and stare out the big picture window and watch the ocen.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank songainter
Reviewed December 21, 2008

This is a high touch place...the manager called us to make sure we were aware of the inclement weather issues before leaving for Lincoln City. Our room (#1) was immaculate, cheerful and well furnished with nice dishes, great knives, plenty of towels, extra paper towels--little things that usually do not come with an affordable room such as this. THE VIEW WAS BREATHTAKING!!!.

The bed was decent--but bring extra blankets if you like to layer up on winter nights.

We were impressed with the overall cleanliness and cheerfulness of our surroundings. Perfect escape from the snow and ice!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank cascadehead
Reviewed September 18, 2007

My wife and I look forward to our trip to the Overlook each year. Most often we stay in Unit 6. It's like home - without the worries. A fantastic place to unwind, spend hours walking on the beach, enjoying the ocean views out the windows. - Outside when it's sunny and warm or inside by a cozy fire when it's stormy - our visits have been magical, relaxing and renewing.

We have always found the Overlook cozy, clean and welcoming. - It's Pet friendly too! Our dog comes along and enjoys the long walks and cozy room with a view as much as we do!

Many of the units have journals with entries from past visitors. You will find sweet stories and wonderful memories and mostly terrific things said about the Overlook in them.

It's a wonderful place to stay - I recommend it wholeheartedly!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank BCRoadTrippers
Reviewed January 15, 2007

I was a little apprehensive as I had booked #3 before reading the review below. Once I stepped inside the unit I knew everything would be fine as it was very, very clean. This was a fantastic place to stay and the management went way out of their way to help us out with anything we needed.

I highly recommend this place to anyone that wants a quiet, cozy, getaway with as good of a view as you will find. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank Hellman88
A TripAdvisor Member
Sheridan, OR
Reviewed December 14, 2005

I just read the most recent review on the Overlook and I cant beleive it! I have been staying at the Overlook Motel for at least 20 years and find it to be the most charming, cozy little getaway anywhere in Lincoln City. The rooms are always clean, the views are wonderful, and I am always relaxed while staying there. I have known the current manager for years and know she would not dismiss a problem, she has always been very helpful and concienous. Even the fanciest motels/hotels have "uninvited guests" from time to time. It is not a perfect world. I think some people will find negative no matter where they stay, but I love, love, love staying at the Overlook and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 21, 2005

I really hate to write a review like this, as this wonderful Inn is so charming and old fashioned, but just have to let anyone who is planning to stay here know that there are rats in this motel. We stayed in Unit 3, and when I pulled the bedspread down off the pillows, there was a big rat turd on the pillow. Totally disgusting, and put an edge to the weekend stay! I even went to the manager and told her, and she said that yes, they have a rat problem, but they have a cat who is killing some of them. That was all. I couldn't believe it! So this must happen all the time. Needless to say, I will never stay here again, just the thought of a wild rat running over my bed while I'm sleeping totally freaks me out. I do understand that rats exist of course, and like tame ones, but not in a motel room. Also, the room wasn't very clean, dead bugs laying around, and the carpet needed cleaning pretty bad. But what a wonderful view, and a darling place!!!!! If you can handle rodents, this place would be fine. Hopefully the owners of this room will do something now to get rid of the problem. This place is too nice to have a problem like this.

• Stayed: November 2005