All reviews waffles free shuttle chinook winds casino room was clean nearby casino free breakfast stay there again warm cookies hot tub home away from home nice breakfast ice machine view of the ocean oregon coast fireplace cereal pillows
Reviewed August 16, 2018

This place is a Dump will never stay there again. The worst hotel I've ever stayed.
Made my reservation through IHG Website. I'm Platinum Elite status. When we arrived, the Property was under construction, there wasn't anything on the Website about construction. Went inside to check in at approximately 3:00 PM and was informed that checking wasn't until 4:00 and that our room wasn't ready. Complained to the GM about the property being under construction and there wasn't anything on the Website. He said that he hadn't had a chance to update the Website and they were being converted to a Holiday Inn Express. I asked for a discount and he told me that my rate was already discounted, if I didn't like it that he would cancel my reservation. We kept the reservation and what a mistake: The bed was terrible, pillows were like laying your head on a sack of potatoes, the wash cloths were like sandpaper and breakfast was terrible. The staff had a very condensing/give a crap attitude to the point of being rude. The second day we were there we were in the room and approximately 2:30 the room had not been cleaned there was a knock on the door. By the time we got to the door the house keeper was half way down the hall. We asked for the room to be cleaned. She spent 2 minutes leaving two bath towels and two wash cloths, plus making the bed. After she left realized there wasn't hand towels or cups, called the front desk and was promised they would be sent right. On hour later called again same promise, again promised they would be right up again nothing. Finally had to go the front desk and wait to get hand towels and cups. Very rude staff starting with the GM.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Ian M, General Manager at Liberty Inn Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Hello Ms. Varnau,
Thank you so very much for such an honest review of your stay with us. We always utilize guest feedback to help improve the hotel and staff. While I greatly empathize with the issues you experienced, I must clarify a few points in regard to your review. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that I have never had a guest be so incredibly rude to my staff as they experienced during your visit. From our first contact, I made it clear that not only is the information about the renovation posted on our website but I also tried to gracefully not blatantly say that you didn't see it or read all the information about our hotel. Because of that fact, I offered to help you find accommodations at another hotel if you decided to cancel your reservation which I offered free of charge in light of the aforementioned comments you had already made. When I realized that housekeeping was still cleaning rooms, again because it was not check-in time yet, I offered to get the requested items for you. We try our absolute best to make every stay great for every guests but it seems you were already unhappy before you got to your room. Noticing this, I tried to maintain communication with you but was greeted by cussing and offensive slurs at every turn, to which I apologized to other guests in the lobby at that time. As a staff, we reserve judgment and focus on expecting guests needs and delivering more than they ask for. I understand how awful this stay was for you and I'd be mistaken if I didn't invite you to give us another chance to accommodate you. Please accept my sincerest apologies and hope things are going better for you because I know you were dealing with a lot of stress on your shoulders while you were here with us.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Let me say...when we first pulled up, I was upset at first glance. They were doing exterior renovation, which wasn’t mentioned on website. After walking inside and being greeted by the very friendly front desk woman, my opinion changed. The staff were overly attentive, professional, and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. The construction never interrupted my sleep. The only semi-negative about the room, is minimal outlets for electronics. I would suggest desk outlets and/or nightstand outlets. The breakfast had decent options of both cold and hot options. I would definitely stay here again, due partly because of exceptional front desk woman (I wish I remembered her name....we checked in at 11:30 pm on 8/2/18). She was so friendly. Good location, Clean Rooms, Friendly & Professional Staff, Decent free breakfast......all they need, are additional plugs for charging phones, iPads, etc.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Ian M, General Manager at Liberty Inn Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Thank you so much for not only choosing our hotel but for taking the time to give us such a great review. We work hard to ensure every guest has a great experience and are pleased to find our efforts didn't fall short. Hospitality is the name of the game and we aim to succeed. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

If I could do less I would! We went to the coast for our 12 year anniversary/ honeymoon because we never had one. First we get there to find out the hotel is under construction. Was never told about this or we would not have stayed there. Refused to refund or discount because it wouldn’t mess with view or room. Fine whoever it was late asked for our key. Get to the room tv didn’t work, refrigerater didn’t work and light flickered like a horror flick! Bed was so bad we asked to change rooms next morning. We got keys to new room, go to new room......ROOM HAD NOT CLEANED!!!! Go back down with all of our bags mind you and managed to catch the manager. She switched us to another room and ever brought us champagne and oj. We thought this was wonderful but then woke up to a man standing in the window at 715!!!!! We were told the wouldn’t start till 8! Wow what a way to wake up! Again the next day woke up by hammering out my window at 715. Ug then the last night we stayed finally got time to use hot tub and it was broken.....food was horrible and found beer caps that were not ours in our last room. Would let anyone stay there for the price!!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Courtney E
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

Be aware: there is massive work being done to the outside of this hotel, and when we went, the entire front and side of the building was covered in scaffolding. Broken air conditioners. Several maintenance issues. Broken TV that I had to fix myself. There was no warning about this or indication in any email when I booked our reservation. The rooms are older, and the light barely came on above the sink. Our AC was broken, and when I asked to switch rooms I was informed we couldn't, and that they couldn't have anyone fix the AC until after we were already scheduled to leave. We had to use a fan to blow air in from the outside (thank goodness it was cool outside in the evening). However, this meant leaving the window and curtains half open...which meant we were woken up by construction workers on the scaffolding doing work *literally* right outside our hotel room window. On the second floor. I woke up and almost shrieked at the strange man standing inches from my face. Shut the curtains and had to get ready in the dark. You know, because the light doesn't work properly. Overall unpleasant experience, and the staff didn't do anything to make it right or justify the price. I paid over $200 for one night of sweating, tripping over myself in the dark, and getting woken up by loud bangs and strange men outside the window. What a rip off. Stay anywhere else in Lincoln City.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Alexandra M
Reviewed July 31, 2018

Our family of four was on a road trip up the Oregon Coast and chose this hotel for its location and amenities. The location was decent enough, just off the 101 and close to beaches/dining, however, the amenities were lacking. Our first impression was poor with the entire front side of the hotel being worked on, and upon asking the girl at the front desk what they were doing, she replied that she had no idea. Wait, what?? I had promised my youngest a swim in the pool and husband a dip in the hot tub and possibly a workout in the hotel gym, however, when we arrived at the pool it was small and overrun by multiple families and the hot tub was out of service. My husband decided to get a work out in, only to find the one and only treadmill out of service. We also had some unexpected laundry needs and were pleased to learn there was a laundry room on site...however, they were out of the advertised free detergent at the front desk, and at midnight we weren't about to go searching for it at a nearby grocery store. To top it off, we were awoken at 7 am by loud construction vehicles and workers doing whatever it was they were doing that the staff apparently had no clue about. Overall, if you are just looking for a place to sleep, and a so-so complimentary breakfast, then this will suffice. But I'd suggest looking elsewhere if you have any interest in amenities.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Ian M, General Manager at Liberty Inn Lincoln City, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Hello ReviewQueen72,
Thank you so very much for not only choosing our hotel but for taking the time to give us such an important review. It is our goal to deliver great experiences for every guest. We take decisive action by implementing constant training especially when we fall below expectations. We are currently undergoing a scheduled exterior renovations as we convert hotel brands. Construction is controlled to not start earlier than 8am. Also, you'll be happy to know that the spa has been fixed and we have more laundry detergent for sale. If you would like to give us another chance, feel free to reach to out the hotel directly so that we may personally make your next stay fantastic.