“A two night stay”

Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
Monmouth, Oregon
“A two night stay”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We took advantage of their two night stay package and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We had an excellent included breakfast. We will certainly make a return visit in the future. Shuttle service was provided to the nearby Chinook Winds Casino although we elected to take a pleasant short walk down the hill and use the shuttle for the uphill return to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We came here on vacation and the hotel was nice outside and in the lobby. Once we got to the room the beds were hard, very hard! In the morning the breakfast was not as described on their website. The eggs were cold, sausage was cold, no fruit, and limited cereals. We were there 3 days and housekeeping never vaccuumed, never nade the bed because our personal blankets and pillows were in the bed, which ive stayed in many hotels and never had housekeeping not make my bed because my blanket from home was left on the bed! The bathroom had no extra toilet paper, and mold above the shower. The girl who checked us in took 10 mins to even come to the desk even though I was calling out hello and then she was short tempered and didnt explain stuff just pointed to where i needed to sign. For $122 a night what we got was ridiculous and next time Im spending that much money Im going somewhere else where im getting my moneys worth and being treated better!

• Stayed September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed for a night just before the Labour day weekend. We booked a big room on the top floor with an ocean view. It was clean and well presented when we checked in. great view of the ocean and the fireplace was cosy. We had great weather, sunny, little breeze and as I recall about mid 70 degrees. We walked down to the beach easily from the hotel and back up too (though you can catch a shuttle bus from the casino if the hill is too steep!) Our children 12,14,16 enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Both were clean and well maintained. The hot tub was in good condition and really hot so we felt comfortable and alternated between it and the pool. I did some laps and the girls played for an hour before they were forced to leave by dad.

The breakfast was excellent and lots of it: eggs, cheesy eggs, sausages, hashed brown potatoes, plus the thick and flavourful gravy (I'm getting hungry again). There were lots of other items too including fresh waffles so I was very happy and full. The staff were pleasant to us and the kids enjoyed the fresh baked cookies at the desk.

All in all good, clean and well presented public and private areas, quiet and bright and peaceful rooms, excellent breakfast and polite staff, easy parking and a quiet nights sleep because you are located just off a main road. Also it was very well priced. We look forward to going back there soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a West facing room for sunsets
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gresham
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Liberty Inn over labor day weekend. We have stayed at many locations in Lincoln City and decided to stay here because we had received good reviews from family and the price was good. The issues I had were, the beds were uncomfortable and seemed rather dated. The room was dirty. There was dust everywhere. The carpet needed to be cleaned. The dust could have been simply taken care of but you could tell that no one had dusted around the TV and nightstands for quite some time. The other issue I had was the front desk staff. The lobby was crowded however the person that checked us in was unfriendly and just not welcoming. Then later when I took my kids down to get a cookie (which were free and tasted very good) she stared us down. It was a weird feeling. My other big issue was the breakfast. I looked in the book in our hotel room and it said what time breakfast ended. I knew the hotel was crowded so I decided we should wait a bit. When I got down to the breakfast room there was no hot food left and a sign up that says that they only serve hot food until a certain time. It would have been nice to know that the hot breakfast ends sooner but that information wasn't anywhere on any we received. I think they need to change their information in the hotel book to reflect what their true breakfast hours are as it was misleading. We did swim and it a nice pool for small kids.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Liberty_Inn, General Manager at Liberty Inn Lincoln City, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Cecilia,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are sorry to hear about the problems you experienced during your recent visit with us. We strive to provide a high quality experience for our guests so the feedback is helpful.

We will check on the housekeeping issues you mentioned, as what you described is out of the ordinary for us. We will also work with our front desk staff to ensure a friendly check-in as well as clear and helpful information about things like the breakfast hours.

Tiffany Shaw
Reviewed September 16, 2012

A Good bed and outstanding breakfast & freebreakfast. Lots of good rooms,a pool plus etc. it's nice and fairly peaceful here ... To relax & totally enjoy...like at home. Thank you and if you ever wanna offer me a nite stay for free i truly appreciate it..in advance. Again thanks, and God Bless you all. I would definitely return. ;)

• Stayed September 2012
West Linn, Oregon
Reviewed September 7, 2012

When my husband and I first arrived we were quite late (11 pm) and the front desk almost did not let us in because of "security reasons"...you have to have a key card in order to get in after a certain time at night. She quickly asked me my name and let us in. I appreciate her wanting to keep the guests safe. Our trip just kept getting better! Service is great! Staff is excellent! The last thing I wanted to mention is that I forgot shampoo and asked the front desk for 1 bottle and she provided 2. Also, the room was immaculate! Will definately come back any time we need a room in Lincoln City!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clackamas, Oregon
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I just finished reading a review written by someone who had nothing good to say about the Liberty Inn in Lincoln City and I’m more convinced than ever that “you just can’t please some people.” My wife and I live near Portland, Oregon and over many years have stayed at a large number of the inns and hotels on the Oregon Coast, from Brookings on the California border, to Astoria which is one bridge away from Washington. We have attended several conventions and activities in Lincoln City and over time have sort of settled on Lincoln City as a favorite weekend destination and the Liberty Inn as the place to stay. Here’s why;
First, the bad news: As pointed out by the disappointed reviewer, hotel staff personnel have not always been top drawer, usually, but not always. Next, the halls are always over heated and last, they have the world’s slowest elevator.
Now the good news: We have always found everything to be meticulously clean, from every inch of the parking lot to the window frames in the rooms and this is a huge factor for us.
Many overnight stays offer a continental breakfast of sorts but, Belgian waffles, rolls, pastries, two types of scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, cold cereals, hot oat meal, sausage, home fries, biscuits with gravy, and the usual to drink as well as fruits. All of it served in a very inviting area you are probably are familiar with after having been there for the freshly baked cookies the night before.
If you have any interest in the nearby Chinook Winds Casino there is an “on call” 24 / 7 shuttle and even though the buffet at the Casino is nothing to write home about, dining in the restaurant is rarely disappointing and evening specials are very good and very reasonable.
The Inn is a four story building with an elevator and has a few handicapped rooms. All building entrances, except for the front desk entrance are card key entry 24 / 7.
Like everything else, the pool area and other amenities are always very clean and well maintained.
Last, but not least, is the price. Short and sweet – we know from experience that there are a great many places to stay on the Oregon coast where you will pay a lot more for a lot less. The Liberty Inn does not offer a real ocean or bay view, but as long as they maintain their current standards I’m sure that we just would not consider another option on the central Oregon Coast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family