“Worth coming back”

Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Lincoln City
hood river
“Worth coming back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was concerned due to previous reviews, but our experience was very good. The view and the beach access was awesome. The motel is very dog friendly. The room (a studio) was clean, roomy and had a fireplace. The couple running the motel (owners or managers?) had only been there 2 weeks but they were very friendly and nice and asked for suggestions and comments. I made a few suggestions and would not be surprised at all if they follow up on them. Some of my ideas were things they were already looking into. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank monkeygirl1
TheWestshoreTeam, General Manager at Westshore Oceanfront Motel, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you Monkeygirl1 for choosing us for your getaway to the Oregon Coast and for your review and suggestions. The feedback we get from our customers is extremely important and continually has us asking ourselves..."what else can we do" to deliver the product, service and value that you want. We look forward to your next visit and I am confident that you will see we are working diligently on your good advice! Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Scappoose, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Arrived for a friend's wedding that was held at hotel. New hotel staff would not honor group prices quoted by manager that recently left. They repeatedly changed price several times in the weeks and days leading up to wedding.This was very unneeded stress when weddings are already stressful. Christi the new manager was rude and condescending. And we caught her in bold face lies several times. The rooms were ok. Our main issue was lack of sleep. The beds were the most uncomfortable thing I have slept on in my life. Worse than even hospital beds. It seriously was like a cotton wrapped brick. Housekeeping did not come by, we had to go ask for towels. And then as I departed the male manager verbally assaulted me over dirty towels being all set in a pile by the door being wet and smelly. It was our intent to put them in one place for their ease of clean up since they did not provide daily services. I feel something as trivial as washing a darn towel was not something that warranted the verbal abuse and threats he made. I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Monica J
I am truly disappointed and sorry that you and your friend had these issues you described occur during your stay here. From the sounds of it, you have every right to have expected and gotten better service than you received. I replied to your friend's comments she made and offer you both my sincere apology. I was not hired or working here during your stay as we only began managing this property a few weeks ago. My wife, Spring, and I are the NEW managers here and we LOVE hospitality and service! Our focus is YOU, the customer! I hope that we might have the opportunity again to earn your trust and your business by serving you in the way you expect to be served. Thank you. Paul
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that I've stayed at this hotel for 10 years and have never gone anywhere else! I had the entire hotel reserved for my wedding in April. In September there was a change in management which in my opinion was a huge mistake on the owners part. I was promised 30% off all of the rooms for the wedding by the old management. New management tries to trick me by giving me 30% off the summer rates instead of the Fall rates. All said and done I got about 10.00 off each room and not the promised 30%. Kristin tried to lie to us telling us that Octoberfest was at the time we had the hotel booked for the wedding and that she could fill the hotel at the regular rate. Octoberfest is in September!!! Russell, one of the new managers had me so upset a week before the wedding that I told him that maybe I'll go to Ocean Terrace instead. He said that was a good idea and hung up on me! He was also so unprofessional that he felt the need to tell me that the old managers Adrian and Leah were fired and how horrible they were. He for upset when I informed him it wasn't my business and that it was not professional. He was rude to my caterer when she checked out because a couple of her towels smelled and that she was lucky that she paid cash or they would have charged her! Let me start off by saying that the maid service was horrible! As the bride, I received NONE in my room at all. And I don't believe any of my guests received regular maid service. The managent was cleaning the rooms. When some of my guests were trying to get out of their rooms and asked for some extra time they were given 15 minutes before they would be charged. One of these people was my 69 year old mother so while in the middle of getting ready for my wedding I had to go to her room and help her get everything out. Adrian and Leah were kind, compassionate and caring people who made huge improve t's in the hotel by upgrading rooms. New managent are rude and extremely fake! After 10 years of staying at this hotel and it always being my favorite hotel, I will not be staying
there again! My wedding day was not supposed to be stressful. I know new management will comment on this and say things that are untrue so beware that this is now how the hotel is run, lies and deception with the hotel now taking steps backwards instead of moving forward when Adrian and Leah were there. The new management also likesto bash the old management. The owner however was nice and I have no
complaints about him.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Lighthousefans
You have every right to be disappointed and I cannot apologize enough for what you went through during your stay here a few months ago. I cannot say, but perhaps this incident (or ones of a similar nature) had something to do with the fact that there has been a change in management. My wife, Spring, and I are thrilled to be here and we love hospitality and service! We come from a background in retail customer service, hospitality (both of us have worked for Marriott), restaurant/food service, and construction. No matter what type of business though...our focus is on YOU, the customer. We cannot turn back time (though I really wish we could), as it would have given us great pleasure to make your stay here with us a positive one, but it is my sincere hope that given time, you will consider giving us a chance to serve you the way you deserve to be served.
Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have a "special" place that we normally stay in Lincoln City but we just acquired a puppy before our vacation this year. We had to put off our trip until he had all of the shots required to keep him safe. When we started looking for a place to stay that was pet friendly it was a little scarey. The website for Westshore doesn't do it justice! We were SO happy with our room. Our puppy was so happy with his substitute home! We will definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kelowna BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We came across the Westshore totally by accident on a motorcycle trip with another couple. We needed a place to stay and saw the little sign on the highway and turned in. What sold us was when they opened the door and all we saw through the hallway was the Pacific Ocean, we fell in love. We have been back 3 times in the last 4 years. We love the kitchenette, we get some groceries enjoy our meals with a million dollar view, and relax.Yes it is not the newest motel and may need a little TLC, but the following is what sells it to us, great price, right on the beach, kitchenette, great staff, quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWestshoreTeam, General Manager at Westshore Oceanfront Motel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Hello! We are so glad to hear you mention a few of our guests' favorite features: kitchenettes, a quiet location, friendly staff, and scenic ocean views from every room. We sincerely hope that your trip is even better & better everytime! Thank you for your thoughtful review--we appreciate it & look forward to seeing you next time!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Staff was great!! Very nice and helpful. But need to do some updates!! For sure, need an ice machine, hair dryer in rooms, ironing board and iron. A paint job would help. Our room was clean and has a great view of the ocean. You might want to bring the price down! A little pricey fr such an old hotel!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello! We are glad to hear our staff was so nice & helpful, & that you enjoyed our panoramic ocean view from your clean room.
We're also glad that you mentioned a few things to help us improve the guest experience--hair dryers in every room and an ice machine are a must. An iron/ironing board is available upon request, but we'd love for you to have them in the room to make it easier.
Thank you for the thoughtful & honest review--we appreciate it very much and hope to see you again!
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This place is discusting! The website trys to make it look all cool and nice like a beachfront resort and delivers nothing more than a rundown dive! The rooms are gross to say the least. They are dirty, moldy and there was hair all over my bed. The desk girl couldnt answer any of my questions and the maids looked like prison parolee's. Oh yeah and the price was like 100 a night, I wouldnt want to pay more than like maybe 39.99 a night. Its worse than a motel 6 and the furniture looks like all goodwill stuff from the 70's. Dont stay here if you like a nice coozy place, this place will make your skin crawl to say the least!

Room Tip: They said they may have like one or two rooms they have worked on. If you HAVE to stay here make sur...