“Great gift shop and good table games” 5 of 5 stars

Chinook Winds Casino & Convention Center
Portland, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great gift shop and good table games”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

While playing blackjack they have a great one-handed deck. Good buffet great ocean views well my favorite places in Lincoln city. The gift shop has some unusual items a lot of Native American products very friendly staff highly recommend you stop in and check it out.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank HappyHorseMan2

Nehalem, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Win, Win, Stay & Play”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've been going to this casino for years. There is smoking & non smoking areas. Now there's a bar downstairs in the main casino by where all the action is. There is a full bar upstairs by the restaurant (ocean view) past the Buffet. Which by the way, the buffet is awesome!
There are concerts & comedy shows most weekends as well.
I heard there is going to be an expansion coming soon, I'll be keeping my eye on this location.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Dineser714
Boise, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Mmmmm....Nope.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Very Smokey, found it difficult to find any good area to play that wasn't stale and wreaked of ciggerettes. They have got to do a better job of making the casino non-smoker friendley. Went upstairs but not much in the way of gaming. Will go to Spirit Mountain Casino next time...much more accomodating.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Mary S
Keizer, OR
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not worth the stop”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have visted Chinook Winds a few times over the years from when they first started as an igloo and grew into the large facility it is today. However, the "non-smoking" section might as well not exist. There are much fewer machines to play and the large opening to the smoking casino brings the smoke into the "non-smoking" section. I ended up playing in the larger, smokey casino most of the night. I was there for the entertainment of gambling. I did get plenty of playing time for the amount of money I brought with me, but was very disappointed that my clothes stunk like cigarettes the next day. There is poor ventilation for the smoke and the casino was cold the whole night. It is unlikely I will spend my money there again and save it to stop at Spirit Mountain on my home instead.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank sufatator
Salem, Oregon
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Best Comp for your playing dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I dont want to sound like most gamblers but I have to say a few good things about this facility. My wife and I like to visit casino's in the Northwest. We have to say this site gives us the best bang for our playing dollars is at Chinook Winds. They have shown us for our play in their house they are willing to give back to us some of the perks you might expect in comps to us. We have been to many casino resorts and we feel our play here is appreciated and we also love their ocean location. We have been treated very well from this facility. We used to go to Spirit Mountain as we live in Salem but now we would much rather save our money and spend it here. Once we have shown we play at their facility they have easily comped us a breakfast or lunch when we have asked with no arguments. I am not saying 10 dollars will get you there but we haven't sold the house either.I just hate playing somewhere where the house never lets you know you have comp...goodbye Spirit Mountain..Hello Chinook Winds.

Visited March 2013